Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

I've seen the 370Z...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Twon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by angelo350z
Seriously, a photoshop , no matter how bad it is, is all we're asking. I just want to get a general idea of the next Z.
+1
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
ganz

Wow, this thread is still alive! With some added bashing on Proteus to boot. Anyway, I gave Rampant some hints on what I saw. He didn't photoshop the rear, but the front is actually pretty close...

https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/302719-fun-with-photoshop-370z.html

Hopefully this will appease some people for a while
Old 02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
zcon
Banned

Old 02-19-2008, 03:53 PM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by ganz
Wow, this thread is still alive! With some added bashing on Proteus to boot. Anyway, I gave Rampant some hints on what I saw. He didn't photoshop the rear, but the front is actually pretty close...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302719

Hopefully this will appease some people for a while

I hope the headlights are shaped like that instead of the narrow elongated one on the orange Z....Love the opening on the front bumper. Very aggressive and a step up from the happy faced look of our current Z's
Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
black06z

Nice distinct roof line. If this is close, Im getting one 100% guaranteed:
Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 AM
jmarascojr

Looks like a 350Z and a Z4 had a bay-bay
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 AM
stepuckey

any insight yet Proteus?? Ok, so if the front is close, what about the rear! Ya'll gotta give us something. Ha, you can't go around saying "oh man, I've seen the thing...it's great" and not give us some kind of sketch or photoshop or something. You didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have said anything!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
ichee84

Proteus, does it look like the pics that have been posted lately?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Proteus

Originally Posted by ichee84
Proteus, does it look like the pics that have been posted lately?
Yes.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=180817

This is almost exactly what Nissan showed me. Notice it matches my original post exactly.

I love it! Notice the boomerang shape I refered to-- anyway, I'm definitely considering one in 2010 after the first model year.

Last edited by Proteus; 03-13-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:19 PM
archspeed

Yes! I had a bet with someone that Proteus is right all along! Whoohoo! Two bowls of Pho here I come!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM
spitfire9200

**** dude I Was hoping you were wrong

****'s ugly
Old 03-14-2008, 01:15 AM
fabcas311

Originally Posted by black06z
Nice distinct roof line. If this is close, Im getting one 100% guaranteed:

+1000000000000000000
Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Agent ONE

Originally Posted by Proteus
Yes.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=180817

This is almost exactly what Nissan showed me. Notice it matches my original post exactly.

I love it! Notice the boomerang shape I refered to-- anyway, I'm definitely considering one in 2010 after the first model year.
I was SO hoping that wasn't the design you were describing. I think its horrible. I would never be seen in something like that. The mouth sucks, the lights suck, the roofline looks weird... Looks like the only thing they fixed was the tinker-toy retarded door handle.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
bear350z

I dunno why everyone is so shocked about what Proteus's saying he was part of a 'focus group'. I happens all the time, as it's an industry standard practice. Too bad the rest of us didn't get to see it and give our opinions. As for the look, and idea behind the next Z, it makes some sense.

The interior looks pretty sweet, a very nice update. Let's hope that the material quality is far better!!! I'll have to wait to comment on the exterior, not enough of it can be seen. I like the headlights, as it seems that Nissan wants to use the latest technology. The large "Mouth/Grille" doesn't surprise me. The grille is similar to alot of Japanese cars, even the GT-R. This shape is chosen because it signifies agressiveness. You can find it by looking at the most agressive FISH! The open mouth Japanese Betta fish are a good start. Think I'm joking? Look up the fish, then look up the Evo-X, GT-R, IS-F, BMW M3 and Z4M. How about a shark? Yeah, now you're all starting to cruise the net looking for pix of open shark and other fish mouths. Car stylists do look to nature for inspiration!

As far as the lighter weight issue, makes sense too. Hmmm, I wonder if Nissan wants to model it's sports-car line-up after Porsche? The GT-R goes after the 911 Turbo. While the Z goes after the Cayman/Boxster models. Think I'm kidding? Why do you think the Z will be smaller and lighter? I remember reading a spy-pic post where Nissan had a Cayman S along with a 370 development mule. I've owned a Z and now own a Cayman S. Believe me, the current Z just about has what it takes to go toe-to-toe with a Cayman. Imagine what a lighter, more powerful Z with a better dialed in suspension will be like!!!!! A front-mid engined car still won't handle exactly the same as a mid-engined one, BUT I know Nissan can get pretty damned close! Besides I like the idea of Cayman S performance for half the money. Also it'll have more power than the Cayman, which is something the Cayman needs. YES, you heard it straight from a Cayman owner. Porsche, MORE POWER PLEASE!!!! I'll be back in a Z before too long!

One thing is for sure, we're all winners because Nissan is in a progressive mode, and one of our favorite Icons continues on!!!!

Last edited by bear350z; 03-17-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by bear350z
I dunno why everyone is so shocked about what Proteus's saying he was part of a 'focus group'. I happens all the time, as it's an industry standard practice. Too bad the rest of us didn't get to see it and give our opinions. As for the look, and idea behind the next Z, it makes some sense.

The interior looks pretty sweet, a very nice update. Let's hope that the material quality is far better!!! I'll have to wait to comment on the exterior, not enough of it can be seen. I like the headlights, as it seems that Nissan wants to use the latest technology. The large "Mouth/Grille" doesn't surprise me. The grille is similar to alot of Japanese cars, even the GT-R. This shape is chosen because it signifies agressiveness. You can find it by looking at the most agressive FISH! The open mouth Japanese Betta fish are a good start. Think I'm joking? Look up the fish, then look up the Evo-X, GT-R, IS-F, BMW M3 and Z4M. How about a shark? Yeah, now you're all starting to cruise the net looking for pix of open shark and other fish mouths. Car stylists do look to nature for inspiration!

As far as the lighter weight issue, makes sense too. Hmmm, I wonder if Nissan wants to model it's sports-car line-up after Porsche? The GT-R goes after the 911 Turbo. While the Z goes after the Cayman/Boxster models. Think I'm kidding? Why do you think the Z will be smaller and lighter? I remember reading a spy-pic post where Nissan had a Cayman S along with a 370 development mule. I've owned a Z and now own a Cayman S. Believe me, the current Z just about has what it takes to go toe-to-toe with a Cayman. Imagine what a lighter, more powerful Z with a better dialed in suspension will be like!!!!! A front-mid engined car still won't handle exactly the same as a mid-engined one, BUT I know Nissan can get pretty damned close! Besides I like the idea of Cayman S performance for half the money. Also it'll have more power than the Cayman, which is something the Cayman needs. YES, you heard it straight from a Cayman owner. Porsche, MORE POWER PLEASE!!!! I'll be back in a Z before too long!

One thing is for sure, we're all winners because Nissan is in a progressive mode, and one of our favorite Icons continues on!!!!
Well said. I wish these fairweather Z fans would lighten up. One bad rendering and they go running for the hills, some going as far as denouncing Nissan altogether. Morons.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
bear350z

Looks like that headlight treatment will indeed be part of the Z's new look. Check out the 09 Max that will make it's debut at the New York show. I need a few min to get used to this major change!!

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...cute=1&Count=1
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Proteus

Honestly, the headlights are right, but I remember other parts of the vehicle looking diffrent. The tail lights have a similar look to them, but in a lot of the pics ive been seeing the hood looks diffrent -- the one I saw looked more like the 07-08 350z hood.

Also, the front 'scoop' of sorts was more agressive looking in the pics that were shown to me.

I don't think the 370z that's been revealed recently is exactly the real thing.

Then again, I could have been shown a prototype and this is the result of some final tweaks, but I'm almost certain what I saw was a tad more masculene looking.

I could be wrong, so take this with a huge grain of salt.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 AM
NismoZ350

Originally Posted by Proteus
Honestly, the headlights are right, but I remember other parts of the vehicle looking diffrent. The tail lights have a similar look to them, but in a lot of the pics ive been seeing the hood looks diffrent -- the one I saw looked more like the 07-08 350z hood.

Also, the front 'scoop' of sorts was more agressive looking in the pics that were shown to me.

I don't think the 370z that's been revealed recently is exactly the real thing.

Then again, I could have been shown a prototype and this is the result of some final tweaks, but I'm almost certain what I saw was a tad more masculene looking.

I could be wrong, so take this with a huge grain of salt.
I appreciate your input Proteus, but the headlight news saddens me.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Proteus

As far as the design was concerned, all 6 of us said we were unsure of the headlights - that it was going to be a 'love or hate' thing amoung existing Z enthusiasts.

They said they got a very positive response from POTENTIAL Z owners (a diffrent marketing group than mine). So there you go.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

chances are when you saw it, you saw a prototype. Things are going to change up until the day that they confirm the model to be released.

Quick Reply: I've seen the 370Z...