Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6
View Poll Results: When will the next gen Z release?
Late 2008/Early 2009 as 2009 MY.
22.67%
Mid 2009 as 2009 MY.
18.94%
Late 2009 as 2010 MY.
36.96%
Sticking to the 2011 theory.
21.43%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

370Z Release Date: Taking all bets...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Tenac1ousZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I'm full of useful comments . Regardless of when the next replacement is realeased, the Nismo Z is a unique piece that will hold its value indeed.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
When I am told by some internal people at Nissan when the Z is going to be here I believe what they say over what people say on the Internet.
I'm not questioning that you have a source, but as you say, why should we believe you because to us you are just another person on the internet? For us, the source is Nissan Product Planning VP Larry Dominique, who disclosed and made public in an interview that it would be a 2009 MY. Telling us to "dream on" and calling us "noobs" makes you seem arrogant. Bragging about your Nismo Z makes you seem pretentious. Be cool. Most of us are here because we are getting excited about the next rendention of our favorite car and don't want to be **** on by some anonymous, anti-socialite.

Saying you have an inside source, but not truly supporting it makes it seem like a fabrication. Remember that you are not the only one on this site that has claimed an inside source.

MustGoFastR came to this site with information at the end of last year. He said that the Z would be showing at Detroit, which it did not. However in the same breath (post really), he mentioned something that is happening with the Maxima. The additional information provided by MustGoFastR about the Maxima gives credit to his source, even though the first bit did not happen as he said. MusGoFastR later drops a name for a second source. This information also coincides with the public acknowledgements of Nissan. According to his source, the Z is done.
Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Anyway, Mr. VP confirmed the design for the new Z was very much completed and that the new Z would be introduced at the end of this year and be available for sale as a 2009 model. He said the car is more "hardcore" overall and that what I had heard about smaller, lighter and more powerful was correct.
His information about it being revealed at the end of the year has already come to fruition. He didn't say "beginning" or "middle", he said "end," and sure enough October is at the end of the year. So here he has the Maxima and release date of the Z to his credit. His physical location relative to what is potentially the best source is also a good indicator of the information's reliability.

Proteus's claim about the study group came three months before MustGoFastR. Many details of his descriptions make sense from a lot of rational perspectives that fabrications generally fall apart when held up against. His information about the slimmer rear sway bar and decreased cargo room means that the wheelbase could be shorter, as we saw in the mule. There is no room, really to make the engine bay or cockpit smaller, so the length must come out of the back. I imagine the slimmer structure was in order to make up for some of that lost space as well as to make up for some of the complaints about it in the first place. (As long as they don't put a mirror on it to blind people, I'm fine.)

Gangz actually said in that thread that he had seen something similar in an earlier clay model, citing a third person here with connections to the development process.

The design studio was confirmed by Jinsei888, an automotive design student to be in the exact area that MustGoFastR and Proteus's claims originate. Not only this, but the scenario is deemed plausible.

Of the people that come here with an actual story about the 370Z, all of them confirm what our best point of reference, Nissan Product Planning VP Larry Dominique said over a year ago.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 01-29-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
archspeed

Nice one in.the.dark. I'm sure all Nissan is doing now is re-finessing the design and finalizing the specs, and bringing in secret study groups for final studies. I'm looking towards early 09 for sure.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by archspeed
Nice one in.the.dark.
Thanks, but I think I may have killed the mood. This whole section has been pretty quiet.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Tenac1ousZ

^ Seems there's nothing new to get excited about, so people are getting bord I guess, not just this thread but this whole section. With that said, here's a new subject, discuss...

Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 AM
ufraag

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
Thanks, but I think I may have killed the mood. This whole section has been pretty quiet.
Nah, its just that there hasnt been an update on the new Z so we have nothing left to talk about. Good speculations though.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
in.the.dark

For historical purposes, here is the score thus far:

1: 54
2: 50
3: 97
4: 66

That means that at this point more people think it will be a 2009, but can't agree on when it will come out. Nearly as many think it will be a 2010, but about two-thirds as many from either group still think it will be a 2011.

Interesting...
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I called a few dealerships in Tampa and most of them said the 2009 Z will be available in July or August with ZERO changes. Of course I don't believe a single thing they say since I'm pretty sure they know as much as we do, probably even less.

With that said, a couple of them guaranteed me a brand new 2008 Enthusiast under invoice, just over $25,000 due to the Z's declining sales (or the 2009 being just around the corner...). Either way, that's something that's hard to overlook, even for someone like me who already has a 2004 DB and is eagerly anticipating to purchase the next gen Z-car. If you really think about it, getting a 2008 Z isn't really that bad if you plan on collecting Z cars (like myself) or just intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 2007 and 2008 Z's are the most refined, not to mention quickest model years of the Z33 chassis IMHO, plus getting the newly redesigned Z in the first year probably wouldn't be the best of choices.

Nissan better hurry and show us at least an idea where the Z34 is headed. I'm losing my mind over here.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by angelo350z
...plus getting the newly redesigned Z in the first year probably wouldn't be the best of choices.
I'm less reluctant than I would be if it were a whole new platform, but the next Z will have the benefit of the new FM platform's refinement via the G37.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm less reluctant than I would be if it were a whole new platform, but the next Z will have the benefit of the new FM platform's refinement via the G37.
Forgive my ignorance, but is the G37 platform completely new, or is it just the same FM chassis with a different motor? If the next Z were to be based on the G37, it would be reasonably safe to assume that it would have less than usual first year discrepancies than most brand new cars IMHO.

Then again, same chassis, same, but possibly and hopefully upgraded poweplant, different interior and exterior does not guarantee a complete improvement over the G37s. Hopefully it is. If not, most of us have at least 4 years to figure out which model year to get for our collection.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by angelo350z
Forgive my ignorance, but is the G37 platform completely new, or is it just the same FM chassis with a different motor? If the next Z were to be based on the G37, it would be reasonably safe to assume that it would have less than usual first year discrepancies than most brand new cars IMHO.

Then again, same chassis, same, but possibly and hopefully upgraded poweplant, different interior and exterior does not guarantee a complete improvement over the G37s. Hopefully it is. If not, most of us have at least 4 years to figure out which model year to get for our collection.
The FM platform recieved updates with the jump from the G35 to G37. The Z is still on the old platform and will likely ride on a shortened version of the new FM platform. The G37 hasn't had a lot of problems, but the FM has been refined over half a decade since it's inception.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
in.the.dark

I'm not questioning that you have a source, but as you say, why should we believe you because to us you are just another person on the internet? For us, the source is Nissan Product Planning VP Larry Dominique, who disclosed and made public in an interview that it would be a 2009 MY. Telling us to "dream on" and calling us "noobs" makes you seem arrogant. Bragging about your Nismo Z makes you seem pretentious. Be cool. Most of us are here because we are getting excited about the next rendention of our favorite car and don't want to be **** on by some anonymous, anti-socialite.

Saying you have an inside source, but not truly supporting it makes it seem like a fabrication. Remember that you are not the only one on this site that has claimed an inside source.

MustGoFastR came to this site with information at the end of last year. He said that the Z would be showing at Detroit, which it did not. However in the same breath (post really), he mentioned something that is happening with the Maxima. The additional information provided by MustGoFastR about the Maxima gives credit to his source, even though the first bit did not happen as he said. MusGoFastR later drops a name for a second source. This information also coincides with the public acknowledgements of Nissan. According to his source, the Z is done.His information about it being revealed at the end of the year has already come to fruition. He didn't say "beginning" or "middle", he said "end," and sure enough October is at the end of the year. So here he has the Maxima and release date of the Z to his credit. His physical location relative to what is potentially the best source is also a good indicator of the information's reliability.

Proteus's claim about the study group came three months before MustGoFastR. Many details of his descriptions make sense from a lot of rational perspectives that fabrications generally fall apart when held up against. His information about the slimmer rear sway bar and decreased cargo room means that the wheelbase could be shorter, as we saw in the mule. There is no room, really to make the engine bay or cockpit smaller, so the length must come out of the back. I imagine the slimmer structure was in order to make up for some of that lost space as well as to make up for some of the complaints about it in the first place. (As long as they don't put a mirror on it to blind people, I'm fine.)

Gangz actually said in that thread that he had seen something similar in an earlier clay model, citing a third person here with connections to the development process.

The design studio was confirmed by Jinsei888, an automotive design student to be in the exact area that MustGoFastR and Proteus's claims originate. Not only this, but the scenario is deemed plausible.

Of the people that come here with an actual story about the 370Z, all of them confirm what our best point of reference, Nissan Product Planning VP Larry Dominique said over a year ago.
I'd also like to add to this by stating that the reveal of the 370Z being reported to be at the LA Auto Show this fall also coicides with the statments by the members mentioned here.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/07/n...les-auto-show/
Old 02-15-2008, 11:36 AM
ufraag

Now we know that the 370z is probably going to be shown at the la auto show. Most of the cars that are shown there are usually the next model year. Since the show is in 2008, theres a good chance that the 370z will be an 09 model.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Marcus's Z

Idk when or where, I want one. I need to upgrade mine. lol
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
in.the.dark

Default And the winners are...

http://www.nissannews.com/newsreleas...7?mid=1&id=514

Winners: 280z/300zx, 350z 6spd, 350z_racer05, 5iVe, 67ZNISMO, asu99, BiZdak-R, black06z, blackz123, blktrack350, BluZee, bremboboy, Chico, corymm_88, ctzn, CyberZeke, damnhao, davidgaddy, Deftones, dspiel, eckocomplexg, Everybodywildou, fallenromeo, falzpozitive, finalfantasy316, fishlo, Forrest80, gclancer, GenoZide, ghoover, grudum, hoonz350z, in.the.dark, italmark82, jcrdr, jfrlhobbs, joey3am, JordanKay, jtr_alfred, lazyduster, lbz, lightemup99, MasterXan, minibee, mjk, Montez, mthreat, NA350Z, Nero, newdotori, pchong154, PUMAguy021, racerbob4, ramirj2, rbfd, rootbeerZ, SA Z-boi, sccr762, Sco2355, Skorch, SnowBlaze, SS21CA, TreeFiddyZee, twenzel, Twon, ufraag, UMW350Z, uzi does it, WShade, zdotcom, Zetta33, zettahertz, Zlayer, 350zna, Adhesive, angelo350z, beast66, brs2c, Bumpinjeep, bwk, CaliTouring, ChewieX2, ChrisPPW, crosby55, dailong06, Davidgofish, daz311x, Denum, emrgnz, Fidanza, Firebase99, flashdragon7, Greedy4nismo, gus350, INTIMAZY, jetnoirZ, Jimmothy, jtadams22, kirradude1025, KManZ, lump1a2004, madelf222, MDaniel22, mikez97, mrchu25, perdue027, psunner, pukiZ, rkd350z, Robby18, saladito6, scshay, SDSU_GTO, seekndestroy19, SiNzz, skochur, sloterg, Smulak, spitfire9200, steelman02, StoneZtech, taymic1, Tenac1ousZ, ThREeFiFtYZ03, typespirit, Ulysses, WalkerT, writefreecode, WSchli1672, xxbboiixx, zero0 2 sixty, zeus5_1983, Zippy_z, ZtoonR

I've included both groups predicting the early and mid 2009MY Z release since the date isn't set hard right now.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-11-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
C5TT

`09
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car still hasn't hit the dealers yet. I don't expect the car to hit dealers till mid next year.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
zsport1

That's right. The car will be introduced this year but that press release does not give an exact date of when the car will be arriving to dealerships. It's a little pre mature to call out a winner on this poll yet.
If it's Late 2008/mid-late 2009 as 2009 MY then there are no winners.

Last edited by zsport1; 07-11-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
zindy

when the 07 z were released the were a little late as far as car terms in model years. i bought my 06 z in december when everything else on the lot was already 07's. stupid dealer told my the 07's wouldn't be out till march??? but then the showed up late january if i remember correctly. stupid me for not waiting. why does nissan do this with the z?

Quick Reply: 370Z Release Date: Taking all bets...