Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Nissan 370Z Spotted Testing In Germany, Shows New Details

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zforlife

Kinda ironic how they are using TomTom instead of the OEV Nav.. haha (I know, I know it's because they are in Europe)
Check the speaker grille on the passenger's door. The badge looks too long to say "Bose". Looks like the last letter might be a "y". Infinity maybe?

Also, being a pre-production car, the screen most likely isn't functional, hence the nav unit.

Originally Posted by mavtais
Thanks for the update, MX. But autos are still gay. They have "torque converters".
This 7-speed dual clutch is not an auto tranny. It merely fixes the problem with most manual transmissions: the drivers who think they know how to drive manual correctly but can't. It will drive like a manual, because it is. It simply replaces the left leg and right hand motions of the inexperienced drivers of today with it's own mechanism.
I'm certain the 370Z is NOT going to have a dual clutch gearbox. It has the same 7 speed auto that's in The G37 coupe and is going in the new G37 sedan. Look at the shifter... It looks like any other manually shiftable automatic. The Dual clutch tranny cars (DSG and SMG) have a lever that looks like a regular stick shift. Only difference between them and a stick is the lack of a clutch pedal.

Last edited by i8acobra; 10-10-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Endgame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mavtais
Thanks for the update, MX. But autos are still gay. They have "torque converters".
This 7-speed dual clutch is not an auto tranny. It merely fixes the problem with most manual transmissions: the drivers who think they know how to drive manual correctly but can't. It will drive like a manual, because it is. It simply replaces the left leg and right hand motions of the inexperienced drivers of today with it's own mechanism.
What makes an auto gay? The new 7 speed will be as fast if not faster than the M/T. Gay that.

Just because you do not prefer autos means they are gay. Don't be such a bigot.

I plan to get the auto (unless the MT is just TOO fun to turn down).
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 PM
azula

I want now! in for a group buy:

1. azula
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Zyclone Z

Damn thats stock? Can't wait to see lowered on some clean offsets :-D I think it will look beautiful.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Endgame
What makes an auto gay? The new 7 speed will be as fast if not faster than the M/T. Gay that.

Just because you do not prefer autos means they are gay. Don't be such a bigot.

I plan to get the auto (unless the MT is just TOO fun to turn down).
Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by azula
I want now! in for a group buy:

1. azula

If Japan's economy keeps dropping (just like ours) they'll be giving these things away.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Endgame

HA! Good point ZZ!!!! I did not consider that. What are Vette's down to, I wonder....?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
ZZtopp

HA! Good point ZZ!!!! I did not consider that. What are Vette's down to, I wonder....?
With the high volume dealers, you can buy 1LT (base) Vettes all day long for under 40k with 0% financing for 48 months. Brand new Z06's can be had for $13-15K off MSRP.

All car dealers are hurting. I stopped at the Audi dealership last week to pick up my wife's car from service (for the 13th time) and I was checking out an R8 they had on the showroom floor.......they were actually discounting it. The salesman told me they were selling these a month ago for $30K over sticker....not anymore, I guess. He kept following me, trying to sell it like a sleazy used car salesman. The Audi store NEVER does $hit like that. They usually act like they're doing you a favor to even talk to you.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Endgame

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
With the high volume dealers, you can buy 1LT (base) Vettes all day long for under 40k with 0% financing for 48 months. Brand new Z06's can be had for $13-15K off MSRP.

All car dealers are hurting. I stopped at the Audi dealership last week to pick up my wife's car from service (for the 13th time) and I was checking out an R8 they had on the showroom floor.......they were actually discounting it. The salesman told me they were selling these a month ago for $30K over sticker....not anymore, I guess. He kept following me, trying to sell it like a sleazy used car salesman. The Audi store NEVER does $hit like that. They usually act like they're doing you a favor to even talk to you.
Wow. That is crazy, under 40k AND 0% financing for 4 years. Just crazy. I wonder if Nissan will employ similar strategies. That will allow them to leave the MSRP a the higher $ figure, but still move inventory (similar to how Mazda is selling RX8's).

This is definately a buyers market!! Here's to all shopping for a car in '09!!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:11 PM
ZZtopp

Wow. That is crazy, under 40k AND 0% financing for 4 years. Just crazy. I wonder if Nissan will employ similar strategies. That will allow them to leave the MSRP a the higher $ figure, but still move inventory (similar to how Mazda is selling RX8's).

This is definately a buyers market!! Here's to all shopping for a car in '09!!
I'm sure the Nissan dealers will try to pull their usual crap for the first few months after the new Z's release, but once the newness factor wears off and the "gotta have it first" buyers are spent, you'll find deals everywhere.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
ec8931

this might be a little off topic but how do some of you guys think our current Z's will be in value ?
I would like to trade mines in (07) but wouldn't like to be around 10k down, could sell it now but for me not too loose much would take about the time the 370z is out to get what i would want...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:09 PM
hiz-n-herz

If Japan's economy keeps dropping (just like ours) they'll be giving these things away.
I wish... wouldn't that bring down the price of a GTR too?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
I wish... wouldn't that bring down the price of a GTR too?
I would think so.....I guess it just depends on how bad things get. The markups on limited production cars are dropping. My Chevy dealer called last month and offered me a ZR1 at MSRP.....that's unheard of.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 PM
ChromiumBlue

i wonder tho, if the price for a Z really is as much as 35-45k and the new Z4's come out with the twin turbo 3.0's like the 135i/335i, i think i may go bmw. main reason, the twins get you another 80-85 hp for a few grand with a chip, and the engines can already take F/I. What do u guys think?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Endgame

Really depends on what you want bro. The Z4 is a cool car and the TT inline 6 is outstanding. However, I hear the Z4 are very nose heavy; I am not certain if that is true and will let someone else correct me if otherwise.

Honestly, the looks of the Z eliminated the competition (TT-S /TT -RS, Z4) for me. Just awaiting final word on the specs from the convention.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
ZZtopp

Really depends on what you want bro. The Z4 is a cool car and the TT inline 6 is outstanding. However, I hear the Z4 are very nose heavy; I am not certain if that is true and will let someone else correct me if otherwise.

Honestly, the looks of the Z eliminated the competition (TT-S /TT -RS, Z4) for me. Just awaiting final word on the specs from the convention.
New Z4 does look pretty good, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udq5l...eature=related
Old 10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Looks like some bad **** brakes are coming back from one of the side photos i saw. I also notice big time that Im not sure if anyone has mentioned yet from the first pictures in the thread, BUT their is GTR ALL over that front bumper. Look at the details of the bumper, Its so obvious.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:00 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ec8931
this might be a little off topic but how do some of you guys think our current Z's will be in value ?
I would like to trade mines in (07) but wouldn't like to be around 10k down, could sell it now but for me not too loose much would take about the time the 370z is out to get what i would want...
Our car's resale value is already $hitty as it is, unfortunately.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Endgame

New Z4 does look pretty good, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udq5l...eature=related
It sure does... Looks very Euro agressive. Hmmmmm..

Thanks once again ZZ for making my auto decisions a bit tougher!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
ZZtopp

It sure does... Looks very Euro agressive. Hmmmmm..

Thanks once again ZZ for making my auto decisions a bit tougher!!!!!
Sorry, man! There's another video out there of the same car, and when it pulls into the garage at the end, you can get a really good look at it.....looks killer. I've also heard the Z4 may be a hardtop convertible. You could easily mod that car to 400 HP.

Quick Reply: Nissan 370Z Spotted Testing In Germany, Shows New Details