Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The new red engine start button - love it

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:40 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

It really makes little difference how you start the car.....whether pushing a button or turning a key. The important thing is that it starts. Either method is simple. The push buttons to start are really not new.......I had a pull button in my 1963 Austin Healey Sprite. You put the key in the ignition and then pulled a **** next to the ignitiion switch. I considered it a pain the the butt at that time and wanted to simply turn the key to start the car. How things have changed. In addition, that car had a "choke" that had to be pulled when starting. Do we want to go back to that technology?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 AM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
hahahah..wow...thread flame going on. Well for starters(get it??)...I'll admit I read Agent's post too fast and didnt' pick up on the sarcasm...my bad.

Well, as far as the button goes...its really just an opinion. Some people want it for the cool factor. Maybe others want it for its functionality. And fankly..others are just old school and want turn a damn key!

Well, the button is cool..but if it suddenly stops working, I'd feel much more comfortable knowing that I couldn't make the engine start turning a real key in the ignition vs the button not working. Like...why is it not working?! It just adds one more question to the list of poential questions of not being able to start.

1. Battery dead?
2. Alternator dead?
3. Starter dead?
4. Brokenz buttonz?

and who the heck said this button is red? Clearly its grey..unless OP meant it will be lit up red? (shrugs)
you still have an actual key inside the fob. If I remember correctly on the rental 09 altima i got a few weeks ago there was still an ignition switch as well. So redundancy is already there.

how are issues 1,2,3 isolated to start button only and not an actual key? #4 was solved years ago.