Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370z hp/tq from NFS:U

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008 | 12:07 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by Nexx
lmao, i love that logic. the 370 would walk your modded 04.
Originally Posted by kacz07
+1 wtf r u talking about, guy?

Wtf?!?!!LMFAO?!??! I didn't say my 04 will demolish the 370z. How did you come up with that from my post?? I already know its gonna blow the doors off my Z. Having less torque in a car that's 5 years newer is not acceptable to me. The Hp/Tq difference is of Honda/Acura #'s. 330HP/270Tq???? 60 difference.
Nissan always had that torque advantage all these years. It seems since the 06 Z, the torque is dropping and the Hp is raising. The argument here, is the lack of torque increase for a car that 3 engines ahead of the 6 year DE engine. Its not whether whose engine is the best or whose getting a few more torque in the dyno.
I'm still waiting on those official specs, before totally knocking the idea of having a 370z. I already like how it looks, so, that's not a problem.
Old 11-07-2008 | 12:11 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by black06z
Wtf?!?!!LMFAO?!??! I didn't say my 04 will demolish the 370z. How did you come up with that from my post?? I already know its gonna blow the doors off my Z. Having less torque in a car that's 5 years newer is not acceptable to me. The Hp/Tq difference is of Honda/Acura #'s. 330HP/270Tq???? 60 difference.
Nissan always had that torque advantage all these years. It seems since the 06 Z, the torque is dropping and the Hp is raising. The argument here, is the lack of torque increase for a car that 3 engines ahead of the 6 year DE engine. Its not whether whose engine is the best or whose getting a few more torque in the dyno.
I'm still waiting on those official specs, before totally knocking the idea of having a 370z. I already like how it looks, so, that's not a problem.
do you really think you could even notice the torque difference. i bet you wouldnt. would you absolutely love how the HR pulls and pulls and keeps pulling? i bet you would. i dont know... maybe im just a end results kind of guy instead of a numbers on a piece of paper kind of guy.
Old 11-07-2008 | 12:12 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by gothchick
HR smak talkers. lol~ Here's my DE NA dyno 285/252... Pretty clear I'd walk your almighty HR, so STFU.
Good numbers for a rev-up DE. Smooth curves too.

Like another poster said comparing stock cars is one thing, but once you start modding, all bets are off. Also, dynos are only good for relative comparisons (Same dyno, same day) and not absolute numbers.

Having said that, there are at least two HRs with intake/exhaust/HFC/tune that are making well over 300whp and 270 tq. I'll see what I can get with the same mods on a my local dyno.

Here's a comparison of my wife's 06 rev-up with mrev2 and spacer, and and my 07 with bassani exhaust only, on the same dyno under similar conditions. Clearly the HR owns up top. At 6500rpms, there's a 40-hp difference!

I am sure the 370 will pwn us all. It's more than just HP and weight - the 350 has problems getting traction. Even with sticky 275's on my car, I can rarely floor it in 1st without wheelspin. I can only floor it on smooth pavement and if my front tires are pointing straight ahead. if Nissan tightens up the rear end on the 370 and makes some gearing changes, it'll eat us alive. Then come mods on top of that. I am going to enjoy my 350 until I can afford a GTR. No use making a jump to the 370 unless it gets a v8 or TT and AWD - I'd call it the 400zx - x for AWD. Then I'd condsider it.

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 11-07-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 12:31 PM
0jiggy0

Ahhh but the problem is - Very limited mods you can even do to an HR. Your tough luck eh? Lol~
WTF are you talking about. There are full bolt ons for the HR which a couple people on this site have, which will walk your Z. Very limited? What do you have on you DE that I cant put on my hr? TT kits are even out. Congrats your full bolt on Z can walk my stock HR? i guess I should be ashamed LMAO.
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:11 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
WTF are you talking about. There are full bolt ons for the HR which a couple people on this site have, blah blah blah ~snip~.
Thanks for making my point genious. Only a couple of people have full bolton HR's you say... And the fact is they don't even have "full boltons". What does that tell you? Ding, ding, ding... Very little aftermarket support for the HR compared to the DE? That's right. I know, next you'll say the HR is so great it doesn't need boltons. Ignorance can be cured, but your stupidity cannot. Lol~

Last edited by gothchick; 11-07-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:21 PM
07_350z_JP

HR smak talkers. lol~ Here's my DE NA dyno 285/252... Pretty clear I'd walk your almighty HR, so STFU.

Nice but then we present an HR with boltons(which are very few by your own addmission) -- and AUTOMATIC at that. 318whp/264wtq

A manual with not as many mods is at 311whp/270wtq

Thread here.https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/3819...os-inside.html

Now go fish!
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:23 PM
gothchick

^ Very nice, but you still get trumped.

Adam from Z1 is making 320whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...soup-nuts.html

Rednezz is at 316whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...ilt-motor.html

__JB with not as much work done to his 3.5 NA DE is putting down 312whp.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/3...g35-coupe.html

Your turn to go fish. :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 11-07-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:40 PM
07_350z_JP

Nice, but you still get trumped. Adam from Z1 is making 320 on his NA DE. Your turn to go fish. Lol~
link please. This 320 is NA fine- is it still 3.5L and with stock cams/stock compression/stock headwor????. In other words unmolested engine--- hence bolt on only. Not unbolt/then bolt on. Want to try again?

EDIT: Nice try. But I found it.IT does not meet bolt on NA criteria.Meaning not cracking open the engine or heads open.Impressive power but too a whole lot more than the true bolt on HRs presented above.

The 320whp DE is impressive but no where near bolt on as the HRs.Here is the short list of that DE
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...soup-nuts.html

Its still your go fish.

Internals:

Weisco Pistons (.020 over stock)
Eagle rods
ARP rod bolts
Fully balanced and blueprinted - not only balanced as individual components, but also balanced as a rotating assembly
OE Nissan bearings
Full Ported and polished heads
5 angle valve job (stock Nissan valves)
Tomei 268 cams (268 duration, 10.5mm lift)
NISMO valvesprings
NISMO headgaskets
Lots of time spent porting stock, non rev up lower plenum -we logged over 100 hours between the heads and plenum, going off recommendations from MCR Japan, as well as things we found on our own.
Motordyne 1/4 inch spacer
Unorthodox underdriven crank pulley
New: water pump, rev up oil pump, idler pullies (OEM)

Final Compression checked in at 11.3:1

Last edited by 07_350z_JP; 11-07-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 01:42 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

Originally Posted by black06z
What are you talking about?! the 370Z WILL have more torque then a 350Z...the G37 already has 270TQ which is more then the 350Z ever came with and it appears the 370Z will likely have a little more. But I think you are missing the point, peak torque is really not very important. I can assure you that the new 3.7L has a much better torque curve then the current VQ35 because of both the added displacement as well as the improved variable valve timing. Horsepower is the acceleration not torque, torque is the force that initiates it. Nissan has generally been good with torque compared to its japanese rivals because in the past they have built turbocharged engines, turbo = best way to increase torque. When your trying to get the most horsepower out of a NA engine you end up shifting the peak torque later in the RPMs to achieve more horsepower and in turn you see a bigger gap between the horsepower/torque ratios. This is a good thing, the greater the gap between horsepower and torque essentially the more tuned an engine is for performance. Its not a bad thing, old school domestic V8s were poorly designed and poorly tuned resulting in a low HP and much higher TQ rating while modern domestic V8s are now seeing the opposite.
Old 11-07-2008 | 02:01 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
Its still your go fish.
Fish for what? A stock displacement NA DE is making more whp (at 320whp) than your highest NA HR (at 318whp). I think it's still your turn to go fish. Lol~

Maybe someday there will be more aftermarket support for you HR guys. But it ain't today. :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 11-07-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 02:22 PM
07_350z_JP

Fish for what? A stock displacement NA DE is making more whp (at 320whp) than your highest NA HR (at 318whp). I think it's still your turn to go fish. Guess your HR doesn't make you so l33t after all, huh? Lol~
Since reading comprehension is not your forte.

1. .020 bored over in not stock displacement
2. the engine has nonstock cams
3. that engine has massive headwork
4. non stock compression

I can keep going but the point has been made. Yes 320whp from a fully worked DE is impressive but when compared to an automatic HR (318whp)it is not especially when the HR has
1. stock displacement
2. stock cams
3. stock headwork
4. stock compression

I will LOL with you about my own HR Z. It does not meet my expectations even seeing potential results yielded by others. So after 18 months of ownership Im trading it in for an 09 C6 or used 07 Z06 (I hate buying used though). Maybe that will entertain me for a year or two.
Old 11-07-2008 | 02:35 PM
gothchick

Since reading comprehension is not your forte.

1. .020 is not stock displacement
Since modding is not yours-

FYI: .020 = .004 of a liter. Yeah, it's still considered stock displacement. ;-)

Tell ya what, if you think your HR is so great, go mod it with cams, headwork, etc and come back with some numbers.

Oh, not much aftermarket support for the HR you say? Sorry, can't help ya there. Lol~ :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 11-07-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 03:10 PM
07_350z_JP

Since modding is not yours-

FYI: .020 = .004 of a liter. Yeah, it's still considered stock displacement. ;-)

Tell ya what, if you think your HR is so great, go mod it with cams, headwork, etc and come back with some numbers.

Oh, not much aftermarket support for the HR you say? Sorry, can't help ya there. Lol~ :-)

I have a few more minutes to kill before I go have dinner with a really hot asian chic I just met.

So---- 3498 =/= 3541--We will toss that up to within realm of rounding done by manufatures

Why did you chose to ignore items 2,3,4?

Ive already stated the HR and its potential has bored me after 18 months.I go thru phases and I got a Z car out of my system. Im into asian chicks for
Q4--- are you asian?
Old 11-07-2008 | 03:37 PM
Firebase99

Omg, you two arguing HR and DE...Lmao. Who cares? If you bought a Z in the past 5 years youre more than likely capable of buying the 370Z when its out assuming its not TOO much more money. And for the record, i agree with the gentlemen who stated it is disappointing that if true the 370Z will ONLY have AROUND 270 Ft lbs of torque. Its not that it WONT blow the doors off and HR and a DE but the engine evolution isnt what he had hoped given the 6 years of design.
Old 11-07-2008 | 04:10 PM
scmtkings4

I have a few more minutes to kill before I go have dinner with a really hot asian chic I just met.

So---- 3498 =/= 3541--We will toss that up to within realm of rounding done by manufatures

Why did you chose to ignore items 2,3,4?

Ive already stated the HR and its potential has bored me after 18 months.I go thru phases and I got a Z car out of my system. Im into asian chicks for
Q4--- are you asian?

im not taking sides with anyone but i think she left out some of the other parts to prove one of her points which was that aftermarket support for HR is not quite strong yet. i believe there are no cams out for the HR. i dont know bout rest
Old 11-07-2008 | 04:23 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by Firebase99
Omg, you two arguing HR and DE...Lmao. Who cares? If you bought a Z in the past 5 years youre more than likely capable of buying the 370Z when its out assuming its not TOO much more money. And for the record, i agree with the gentlemen who stated it is disappointing that if true the 370Z will ONLY have AROUND 270 Ft lbs of torque. Its not that it WONT blow the doors off and HR and a DE but the engine evolution isnt what he had hoped given the 6 years of design.
Yes. This is exactly what I was trying to say.
Old 11-07-2008 | 05:16 PM
Z You Later

Originally Posted by Firebase99
i completely agree with this...it seems as if they focused more on the body work than engine...they are just throwing the new 3.7 engine in it...i was hoping for something that doesn't seem to be a "hand me down" from the G so to speak...and i know it's all about business and the more the profit the better but all the hype it's getting it's not completely living up to what it could be...who knows what will happen with it in the next couple of years BUT i think most members on here were expecting around 350bhp, not the same as the G37...it deserves more since it's the sports car version from the company and the G is the luxury side.

I completely agree with the members who said throw a turbo on it...that was you are not only surpassing the G's specs but it sets it apart from any other...NOW saying this i know a bunch will be like "that's getting too close to the GT-R" but remember the R35 is a different beast in itself, not only by being a VERY LIMITED production but the potential it has is unbelievable as well as the numbers/capabilities it has NO Z can match that. Slap a turbo on it with low, safe boost to give us that 350whp...this won't raise the cost that much, hell most of the interior will still be plastic! Not only that, you will have many more interested in it instead of a bunch that are back and forth on it

Personally i'd take the rev-matching tranny and engine and put it in my 350Z and be just as happy if not more than the future 370Z owners and have a sexier looking car

/rant

P.S. if you ACTUALLY read the G35 built engine making 320whp, it's a built HR MOTOR

Last edited by Z You Later; 11-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 07:38 PM
scmtkings4

Originally Posted by Z You Later

P.S. if you ACTUALLY read the G35 built engine making 320whp, it's a built HR MOTOR

are you talking about the one posted by Gothchick? _jb's g35?

if so, then im pretty sure its not an HR motor. Its a revup DE
Old 11-07-2008 | 07:43 PM
T-dizee

flat out. the new 370 motor will be stronger by far though too. off the block it wont be that much more than the HR motors. the 370's rods are bigger, and stonger, and the pistons are too. they will be able to handle alot more boost and power. around the 500 to 600hp on a stock long block. you guys will see. even with a open deck block. it will take it no problem. but just my opinion, the car looks like crap! that thing is way to damn ugly for me to buy. but the 37 motor will swap right into a HR 350 no problem. harness and ecu and a few hose tweaks, and she is in! also to, for your guys's info, they already make a turbo z from japan from the factory. single turbo setup, with one hell of a ugly intake manifold. im talking about the DE's. they have been around for a while now in japan. just incase you guys didnt know. didnt mean to make that sound all snobby like. but thought i would throw my 2 cents in.

Last edited by T-dizee; 11-07-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 07:55 PM
scmtkings4

how are you so sure that an engine swap would be so easy? just curious

has somebody already done that with a G37 motor or something?

Quick Reply: 370z hp/tq from NFS:U