Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Chebosto's 1st hand images...(underbody, glove box, ride height, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Chebosto's 1st hand images...(underbody, glove box, ride height, etc)

i took the picts everyone else failed to take pictures of..

tonite was a Source Interlink Media Unveiling of the 370z in downtown LA at the J Lounge... pretty snazzy event.. Chris Forsberg, Rhys Millen, Tanner Foust, Dai Yashiro were there, along with some Nissan Marketing folks.

pretty dope show..

i think i was the first one to take underbody picts. rofl..

some interesting notes:
1. side flat underbody panel pieces (driver and passenger)
2. gas pedal pivots from the floor ala infiniti M35 style.
3. gas door? push to open
4. NO mass dampers.. as much as i could see under the foam.
5. the teeth? they direct air to... nothing.. it's blocked off! fail.
6. Woooo. 'sport button'! aka wanna be M mode.
7. hood/trunk/door.. aluminum? very light.. dual latches on hood.
8. z side emblem also blinker
9. butt hole is teh lose
10. front chin spoiler is big!!
11. rear lip wing is glue on looks like.. can't see the mounting holes for bolts.. maybe under plastic
12. steering wheel is not entirely round.. its like a trapizoidal or even oval shaped ..
13. INTERIOR FEEL IS AWESOME.. great leather alcantara ish feel on the touring edition... foam underneath dash cover.. hope it doesnt crack after the years.
14. gauges look neat.. unfortunately no key to turn it on.. fuel level looks like blinky led lights ..
15. exhaust is HEADERS-> Cats->Ypipe (single pipe) -> Y's back into 2 bpipes-> two pipes that lead into single big exhaust canister.. hmm.
16. NO exterior antenna
17. NO rear hatch wiper blade.

ok images:

Last edited by Chebosto; 11-20-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

MOAR!

Last edited by Chebosto; 11-20-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

rawr..
moar.

END.

Last edited by Chebosto; 11-20-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 PM
BingPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics! What is your opinion about the car now that you've seen it in person?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:58 PM
zix07

is nissan really proud of this car? I'm sorry but in my heart the best looking z ever produced was the nismo.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
vnarang

This thread delivers.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

IMO this car is FUGLY!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

my impressions:

it grows on you.. just like how the 350 grew on me after seeing the z32 for so many years.. i really do like how the interior is done in the 370... the tail.. bah! an aftermarket bumper will fix that easily-
they had base model (or was it track?) and the touring..

the touring (yellow car) had full leather.. and homelink mirror.. steering wheel DID NOT TELESCOPE! just up and down..

the blue one seemed like a base model.

both were wearing the 19" rays wheels.. 245/35 and 275/35 19s.. sucked in.. couldnt tell the offset tho- but aftermarket ones can definitely come out some.. and the car needs a slight drop.. currently at 3 fingers!!

the glove box is a nice gesture.. but its pretty small.. as you can see by relative scale with my hand.. the cubbies behind the seats are eh.. for .. maps? loose note pads? i dunno..

engine bay is tight.. just like the old Z.. i couldnt even see the headers on this one-.. there is already a built in radiator shroud- and the strut brace is attached via THREE points!! this chassis is looks even more solid than the nismo z33 edition.. (if they did the same type of seam-welding..)

the roof bumps are nice.. head room is good- the blue version had manual adjusting seats while the yellow was electronic. i should have checked for the airbag connectors underneath the seat.. sorry.. next time? LA auto show is this week.. heh heh.

trunk looks smaller... its going to be a ***** drilling onto the top of the plastic to get adjustments in there for new shocks/dampeners when the new coilover systems start coming out....

i DID NOT SEE THE DIFF SWITCH and/or DIFF COOLER like in the edmunds cars... these might be the production versions....

Last edited by Chebosto; 11-20-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:19 AM
michaeljr6

3968 lbs?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 AM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
3968 lbs?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?
Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_v..._weight_rating

In short, curb weight and GVWR are two different things but it's always GVWR that gets stamped into the door jams.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:28 AM
dj.kickz

I love this car except the rear bumper hole, the useless fangs and the V shaped headlights and taillights. While the front and rear bumper could be fixed with a body kit the headlights and taillights are my biggest problem and are therefore a deal breaker for me. On the up side, I've put so much money into my 350Z that I've gotta keep it forever anyway, haha.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 AM
bauertt

awesome photos man, great work!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:48 AM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i DID NOT SEE THE DIFF SWITCH and/or DIFF COOLER like in the edmunds cars... these might be the production versions....
I think I remember reading that the diff cooler was a potential NISMO accessory that they were testing at the time. It'd make sense considering the aftermarket nature and appearance of the switch. Either that or it was a one off for some drift-action publicity photos.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:33 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zix07
is nissan really proud of this car? I'm sorry but in my heart the best looking z ever produced was the nismo.
Word. I am really glad I bought one.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can somebody tell me what the taillight looking thing is in the middle of the rear bumper?

Those blocked off fang covers probably pop off if you were to run a CA intake. Some cars have those caps that are covers in place of optional fog lights but doubt that in this case.

I really don't like any of the gauges at all.

Different front bumper, tint drop, wheels, subtle spoiler (like I have seen in some pics of it) and lights and I might be able to get over the interior. To me in some ways the interior looks cheaper or at lest tackier than my '06.

I do like the overall shape of the outside and the body lines as a whole though but I wouldn't buy one.

I'm going to SF next week to check it out and we'll see if it really does look better in person.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 AM
lottness

I like it, "I'm not in love with it but I like it". time will only tell but one thing for sure is that i do not like that easter egg blue, little bit much for my tastes.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 AM
Demon Z

Nice work Chebosto. It was cool that you used your hand as reference for size on the wheel well gap and the glove box. One question: is that blue really that light, or is that just because of your flash?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 AM
xp350z

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

awesome pics man. But for some reason idk if its the pics or what...but everything inside look like cheap plastic?? and some pics like the LA auto show looked good...but this car looks like crap on these pics.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Demon Z
Nice work Chebosto. It was cool that you used your hand as reference for size on the wheel well gap and the glove box. One question: is that blue really that light, or is that just because of your flash?
I can tell you his flash does make the "baby" blue more dramatic than it really is, but it is not a good color IMO. When our club was invited out by NNA to see the new 370 a few weeks ago they presented us these two colors as well (except the trim levels were opposite). I dont know why they chose these two colors to send around. They really have got to be the worst colors offered. Neither are good shades of their color, and really make the car look immature and toyish. So far red and white are my favorites and dont take anything away from the car.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xp350z
awesome pics man. But for some reason idk if its the pics or what...but everything inside look like cheap plastic?? and some pics like the LA auto show looked good...but this car looks like crap on these pics.
It has alot to do with his flash and the auto white balance.

The interior is really nice, BUT they are stretching it with the fake materials that are stitched on the dash. I know they were going for that premium look, but in person and in feel, it looks very "poser"(ish). The rest of the interior is a major step up. I think they just were trying too hard on the center console.

Quick Reply: Chebosto's 1st hand images...(underbody, glove box, ride height, etc)