Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Bought my 370Z.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellow Houstonian..

Swing by my house so we can switch cars for a few minutes!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 PM
polaczekbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 AM
BGuess

Originally Posted by Redline_Burner
Non-Ray's 09 rims = Fail
I agree, but it was only for a test drive.
Sport package FTW.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by Vlad
YOU ARE THE MAN! congrats!

Does the revmatch stay disable, or is it ON after each start?
It's an on off toggle. If you turn it of, it stays off. It's a really cool feature. I had to slightly adjust my driving habits to coast down in gear to keep it from thinking I was about to shift, but other than that it is very intuitive. I kept trying to blip the throttle out of habit on the way home as well. It did scare the sh*t out of me when out of habit I started to pull the lever towards the left and it revved the engine quickly.

As for all the purists, I say try it. It is a very cool feature that works very well. Your passengers will love it as well. I probably have left it on 80% of the time thus far. I thought I'd be one of those that just kept it off.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Fellow Houstonian..

Swing by my house so we can switch cars for a few minutes!
Next time there is a Houston event, I'll try and make it.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

congrats, saw the first one at my dealership last night, after I picked up my car for maitn. That is a very sexy color.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Vlad

I'm so glad it's stays off!

I understand it's a cool feature, and my wife will certainly love it when she borrows the car. It's just that I like to have full control over the car. And if I change a "setup", i prefer it stay this way until I change my mind. Instead of till the end of the ride. I was afraid that NISSAN will do it the way TC button works, and that would ruin it.

Thanks

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
It's an on off toggle. If you turn it of, it stays off. It's a really cool feature. I had to slightly adjust my driving habits to coast down in gear to keep it from thinking I was about to shift, but other than that it is very intuitive. I kept trying to blip the throttle out of habit on the way home as well. It did scare the sh*t out of me when out of habit I started to pull the lever towards the left and it revved the engine quickly.

As for all the purists, I say try it. It is a very cool feature that works very well. Your passengers will love it as well. I probably have left it on 80% of the time thus far. I thought I'd be one of those that just kept it off.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
badbee

Originally Posted by sandthepilot
I'd keep the 08 if I were you

I agree.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by Firebase99
I drove it. It IS a better car. IMO its just NOT that much better. I have a lean 05 Touring with bolt-ons and great tires. Very sticky. And quite honestly there was NO difference off the line. High 2nd gear, low third you can feel the difference in power. Id almost go as far to say "slight" difference. Apart from the interior, which is the biggest improvement IMO, I cannot see spending $37,000 on a car ALMOST like my current one. Not to mention the absurd, I say should be ILLEGAL $46,400 sticker price at Sutherline Nissan in Ft Myers. I'll wait for 2nd or 3rd year, prices drop, engine improvements or walk across the street and get a Vette for $40K OTD.
I've got to laugh when I hear stuff like this quote from another thread in this section. You can get a 370Z for Invoice + TTL. I did. If you don't know a dealer well, aren't experienced in purchasing cars or negotiating good deals on cars, call that guy you know that does.

Honestly, if you own a later 370Z, especially the 07-08s, you will likely find it harder to justify tacking on the depreciation of your current car to justify the 370Z. That's just economics. I went in to buy an 07 Daytona Blue Z, but thought the 08's would be the 370. When the 08's came out with no update, I figured it wouldn't be much longer. Well, if you wait a year, then a year and a half, might as well wait two years and get what you waited all this time for. Had I bought the 07, it would likely be a lot harder for me to turn around two years later and trade in for the 370.

However, I would take this opportunity to advise owners that have 07-08s, and everyone else with a car of decent value: your car will never be more valuable as a trade than it is today. In this state, you only pay tax on the difference between the new car and your trade in. That means if you trade your $20,000 350Z for a $33,000 370Z, you will only pay 6.25% tax on $13,000 saving you $1250 in taxes, which will take about $30 off a 60 month finance deal. It all adds up. Just something to consider.

If you have an early model and can afford the update, check one out. You will find that the interior is a huge leap over the 03-05's and that the power difference between the 35DE and 37VHR is beyond noticeable; it's undeniable.

As for those with later 350Z's, I will say that I liked the later interiors. The texture of the hard plastic made it seem more upscale, as well as the padded door inserts. The 370Z's interior is still a good improvement over the later interiors. There is not one area or surface is not markedly improved upon. I can only find hard plastic present in the lower portion of the center console (if you put your hand between the seat and center console) and this isn't as noticeable due to the use of the other soft materials around that area, like the integrated, stitched knee pads. Gauges, as has been noted before are much nicer. But rarely is it mentioned why beyond them being larger. There is a more three dimensional design, using larger bevels and nice cowling. The surround is a very nice brushed aluminum, but even that nice cowling I mentioned one sentence ago will not keep a little reflection of the gauges from appearing at the top of the windshield at night unless you set the steering wheel in your lap. As for the little digital info-gauge, it's alright. Some will find that the combination of the led bar and remaining range is enough to make up for the lack of an analog meter. Others will still find it odd. I've been leaving mine on the MPG gauge about 90% of the time. The interior on my Touring is very plush, with suede door and seat inserts and stitched leather everywhere. Headroom for tall drivers might be an issue and seat width for fat drivers. My fiance noted that sitting with her legs straight out in front of her wouldn't be comfortable on long drives and suggested bringing a pillow to bolster her legs at the knee. The steering wheel feels real good in hand due to the flat spots. I could keep going on and on about the interior. So just ask.

The whole keyless thing deserves rambling of it's own, but I won't linger. It works very intuitively, but I still am reaching for a key when I go to get out.

The ride is far less choppy than the 350Z. They must have adjusted the low speed dampening to achieve this with the smaller wheelbase. It is absolutely flat during cornering. Dive and squat isn't ridiculous, which is surprising considering the acceleration and braking capabilities of this thing.

Fans of the VQ35 exhaust note will be divided over the VQ37's sound. The old linear burble went well with the clean straight lines of the 350Z. The burble has now been mixed with equal parts of bark, for a sound that matches the more muscular lines of the new car. The engine and gearing have no problems living at sub 2K rpms for commuting. I just sat in as heavy traffic as it comes and didn't wear my leg out on the clutch or have trouble with modulating the throttle (which I don't believe to be linear). The (aluminum in the touring) base mount acceleration pedal is nice as well.

SyncroRev is awesome. It's been mentioned here before by other users, but it's definitely not gimmicky at all. I would be willing to bet most people will be leaving it on, and I'm a manual purist (wouldn't buy the Audi 2.0T Quattro because the didn't offer a stir-stick, only paddles). You WILL scare the living crap out of yourself if you pull the shifter to the left out of habit and the engine jumps a few thousand rpms. I had to adjust my shifting habits slightly with the system engaged, but I actually think that it is more of correcting bad habits, such as not riding down the gear and neutral coasting. I keep mine on just about all the time.

I'll ramble on some more later or address any questions or posts in this thread.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 01-06-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
in.the.dark

Default Filled her up just now...

Ok, I know this may get annoying with me running back to post every time something happens, but hey, someone might be curious, so here's a little post about the fuel consumption in the 370Z

I mostly leave my digital gauge on the real-time fuel mileage. There is also a remaining range and long term MPG gauge built into the digital guage. After cruising around a lot last weekend, driving back to the dealership (not close) and going to work all week, it was time to pull in for gas. How did I know? Well, the little dots got down to the last one, the orange face of the digital gauge went all bright, a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark came on and some other stuff to. The gauge was indicating 34 miles remaining, had a picture of a fuel pump and may have been flashing (I changed it back to instant MPG and cycled through a couple times to check stuff out). At 25 miles remiaining, the number goes away and it just says '--- remaining'. I guess that keeps you from going, "Eh, I bet the next station is only 10 miles away...5 miles...2 miles...OH, SH*T I'm out of gas!"

That's fine. I pulled in and opened the gas door. I had no problem opening the little door, but I did practice when I had it in the garage earlier this week. I know that sounds funny and it is, but here's how you open the door: Click one of any of the unlock buttons (including on the fob), then push the left side of the gas door. That pops open the gas door. The gas door itself is plastic and really light. A nice feature is the little hanger and hook that allows you to keep the cap off the car.

Sixteen and a half gallons later, the car was full of 93 octane and ready for about 418 more miles according to the range indicator. Really I'm likely to see another 350 miles since I got 21.1mpg on this last tank.

She get's stare everywhere I go. I had two 350Z drivers getting close for a better look driving down Highway 6. A couple real cool people have approached me to ask about it and I let a guy sit in it and check it out (he had a modded white 05).
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats! wow
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
kyx4n

yea.. sounds like an awesome car so far based on your review
Old 01-08-2009, 08:19 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
That's fine. I pulled in and opened the gas door. I had no problem opening the little door, but I did practice when I had it in the garage earlier this week. I know that sounds funny and it is, but here's how you open the door: Click one of any of the unlock buttons (including on the fob), then push the left side of the gas door. That pops open the gas door.
Infinitis have been doing that for a while now.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM
leg killa

sweet info..and yeah congrats again..
Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 AM
sofa king
Banned

im now dying to try out the rev match engine. i HATED when my wife would drive the Z. it would take her soooo long to shift into a lower gear and we'd always jolt. it drove me insane.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by sofa king
im now dying to try out the rev match engine. i HATED when my wife would drive the Z. it would take her soooo long to shift into a lower gear and we'd always jolt. it drove me insane.
I didn't know the Fit had that feature
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
sofa king
Banned

Originally Posted by blasian
I didn't know the Fit had that feature
way back when i had a Z.
the Fit has paddle shifters son! when those 100 ponys are revvin' i feel like im in F1!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 AM
blasian

Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 AM
SYSTEM FORGED
Banned

congrats on the new purchase...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Dblock55

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

referring to the picture of the red 370 above.... i never quite noticed this because i never saw one in person and all the pecutres i saw havent been from a very good angle, but the way the door the A Pillar and the front fender come together is f$cking retarted looking.... was the design team high when they did that part?? it looks so unclean and has all thos straight edges WTF??? i liked the 370z since i firs saw it but now i must reconsider.....

Quick Reply: Bought my 370Z.