350z VS. 370z (photo comparison) - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > 2009+ 370Z
Reload this Page >

350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)

Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)

Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM
  #61  
Kiriller
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Kiriller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 2,722
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz View Post
If you have not bought yet, go with the 370 unless you are looking for a really good deal on an 07 or 08. This car is about handling and the 370 is way better in that respect. I think the shorter gearing is a good call as well. the 350z gearing is really way too tall. Why do I need to go 74 in 2nd gear? I'd rather have shorter gearing for better acceleration.
last time i checked, the gear ratios were exactly the except for the last one?
Kiriller is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
  #62  
NW350zR8cer
Registered User
 
NW350zR8cer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

still like the 350 over the 370 so i am going to hold onto mine for awhile, i did go test drive the 370 very fun.
NW350zR8cer is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
  #63  
slag1911
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz View Post
If you have not bought yet, go with the 370 unless you are looking for a really good deal on an 07 or 08. This car is about handling and the 370 is way better in that respect. I think the shorter gearing is a good call as well. the 350z gearing is really way too tall. Why do I need to go 74 in 2nd gear? I'd rather have shorter gearing for better acceleration.
370 final drive ratio: 3.69
350 final drive ratio: 3.54

Yeah... that is a huge difference in gearing...
slag1911 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 AM
  #64  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz View Post
I think we agree on the issues here - we both like the car. I'm glad you are excited about it. But when you say "...a real Z" and refer to the 370, that can be interperated as an insult to other z owners. Buy that 370 and bring it down to the south bay for a fun run - euro Sunday or ZONC run. I'd love to see one on the road.
Didn't mean it to come out like that. The "real Z" thing was just what popped into my head when I saw it. Of course a "Z" is a "Z" if it comes from Nissan. I have always considered the 350Z a nice car and represented Nissan quite well. Many respect that car.

Yep, I am going to own one of these, but am waiting a couple of years. Never buy the first 1 or 2 year models. I see so much potential in this car, visually and mechanically. If I am still around by then, sure I will bring it down, but I am hoping to be living in Europe by then. Mmmm, a Z on some nice back country European roads.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
  #65  
hiz-n-herz
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
hiz-n-herz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF South Bay area
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
Didn't mean it to come out like that. The "real Z" thing was just what popped into my head when I saw it. Of course a "Z" is a "Z" if it comes from Nissan. I have always considered the 350Z a nice car and represented Nissan quite well. Many respect that car.

Yep, I am going to own one of these, but am waiting a couple of years. Never buy the first 1 or 2 year models. I see so much potential in this car, visually and mechanically. If I am still around by then, sure I will bring it down, but I am hoping to be living in Europe by then. Mmmm, a Z on some nice back country European roads.


No worries. I'll be getting one as well. Just not sure when. I am itching to get one now, but I'd like to see that digital gauge read out either go away or painted matte black before I buy. Or see what the aftermarket brings. THat and I have only had my 07 for 18 months or so.

A Z on any country back-roads is fun. I have been known to take a Thursday and Friday off with the ZONC crew so we can hit local back roads without traffic on our way to a weekend trip to San Simeon or elsewhere. South Bay to San Simeon with no freeways is great.

I have to see if two suitcases will fit in the 370 trunk like they do in the 350 trunk. Of maybe I'll just need new luggage

Good times.
hiz-n-herz is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
  #66  
hiz-n-herz
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
hiz-n-herz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF South Bay area
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by slag1911 View Post
370 final drive ratio: 3.69
350 final drive ratio: 3.54

Yeah... that is a huge difference in gearing...
Haha... Epic first post! Can't wait to see your second.
hiz-n-herz is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
  #67  
TX-350Z-TX
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
TX-350Z-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 238
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i too plan on getting one in a couple years. need to pay off the current 07 i have first. then i will buy it a buddy (370). might even go for the 7speed.
TX-350Z-TX is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 AM
  #68  
Redline_Burner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bbs350z View Post
350 ftgdmfw
+1 for now...
Redline_Burner is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
  #69  
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
iTrader: (14)
 
Alberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: DMV
Posts: 34,720
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

It looks like a retarded Caymen from behind. I like your Z better!
Alberto is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
  #70  
TX-350Z-TX
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
TX-350Z-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 238
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
It looks like a retarded Caymen from behind. I like your Z better!
thanks, i am kind of partial to my Z too. but...the ride and interior on the 370 is soo much better. im thinking the looks of the 370 will grow on me...
TX-350Z-TX is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
  #71  
jinsei888
Registered User
iTrader: (14)
 
jinsei888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

the Z33 looks oooooold next to the Z34!
jinsei888 is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 PM
  #72  
sandthepilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TUALATIN,OR-E-GON NOT ORY-GONE
Posts: 515
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I parked next to a 370Z and I noticed it is higher than the 350Z and I am stock height.
sandthepilot is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 AM
  #73  
Ven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sandthepilot View Post
I parked next to a 370Z and I noticed it is higher than the 350Z and I am stock height.
No. You noticed that the 370z has a higher hood and beltline than the 350z but the overall height is the same/slightly less due to the 370z having a shorter greenhouse (belt-line to roof).
Ven is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
  #74  
InSaNeZ
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
 
InSaNeZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,758
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I like the new blue a lot more!
InSaNeZ is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
  #75  
gothchick
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
gothchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The 370Z is over-stylized.... Kinda reminds me of the way Hundai did with the Tiburon. The 370Z will look very dated rather quickly because of that. Maybe that's what Nissan wants though... Planned obsolescence... Nissan should've keep the classic 350Z lines and just cleaned it up & refined it a bit.

I mean, bumper fangs?? Boomerage head/tail lights?? A hatch so high up they had to put the third brake light UNDER the spoiler?? C'MON!!!

Last edited by gothchick; 01-15-2009 at 04:33 PM.
gothchick is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
  #76  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gothchick View Post
The 370Z is over-stylized.... Kinda reminds me of the way Hundai did with the Tiburon. The 370Z will look very dated rather quickly because of that. Maybe that's what Nissan wants though... Planned obsolescence... Nissan should've keep the classic 350Z lines and just cleaned it up & refined it a bit.

I mean, bumper fangs?? Boomerage head/tail lights?? A hatch so high up they had to put the third brake light UNDER the spoiler?? C'MON!!!
350Z "classic" ???? It already looks a little outdated and bland when compared to the 370Z. Not too many "classic" designs have come out of Japan for the USDM for a quite some time. I like the 370Z design much more but I am not even sure if that won't also get dated. But the good thing going for it it has some original Z design cues which seem to be timeless.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM
  #77  
sandthepilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TUALATIN,OR-E-GON NOT ORY-GONE
Posts: 515
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ven View Post
No. You noticed that the 370z has a higher hood and beltline than the 350z but the overall height is the same/slightly less due to the 370z having a shorter greenhouse (belt-line to roof).
Actually I noticed the roof not the hood.
sandthepilot is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
  #78  
highflyinkilla
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
highflyinkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: covington, la
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by InSaNeZ View Post
I like the new blue a lot more!
Damn, you must be colorbind or have really bad taste.
highflyinkilla is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
  #79  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by highflyinkilla View Post
Damn, you must be colorbind or have really bad taste.
It's cool on this forum when someone has a different opinion on something they either have something wrong with them or they have "bad taste".
newtkindred is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
  #80  
JZurita
Registered User
iTrader: (29)
 
JZurita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 2,144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

350Z please.
JZurita is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: