350z VS. 370z (photo comparison) - Page 7 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > 2009+ 370Z
Reload this Page >

350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)

Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)

Old 01-31-2009, 09:17 PM
  #121  
Wukillabeez78
Registered User
 
Wukillabeez78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dmus View Post
well its actually what ive gathered from outside this forum. maybe when we start seeing more on the roads and in person, the public viewpoint that ive gathered may change you know?

I've found the exact opposite to be true. My wife and I cruised through Crossroads Nissan tonight after it was closed and were able to see several 370Zs along with many 350Zs. She isn't into cars at all (other than liking the G sedan we already have) and she thought the 370Z looked much better. She was telling me that when we get the 370Z she was going to be driving it and I'd be "stuck" with the G, lol... I haven't run into anybody who thinks the 350Z looks better other than the people on this site who own one.

Last edited by Wukillabeez78; 01-31-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Wukillabeez78 is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 PM
  #122  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post
I've found the exact opposite to be true. My wife and I cruised through Crossroads Nissan tonight after it was closed and were able to see several 370Zs along with many 350Zs. She isn't into cars at all (other than liking the G sedan we already have) and she thought the 370Z looked much better. She was telling me that when we get the 370Z she was going to be driving it and I'd be "stuck" with the G, lol... I haven't run into anybody who thinks the 350Z looks better other than the people on this site who own one.
Sometimes I think this forum exists in a "350Z" vacuum and it refuses to live in the "real" universe where the 350Z isn't actually considered a "beautiful" car, albeit a nice one, and that most people think the 370Z is a big improvement.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
  #123  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
Sometimes I think this forum exists in a "350Z" vacuum and it refuses to live in the "real" universe where the 350Z isn't actually considered a "beautiful" car, albeit a nice one, and that most people think the 370Z is a big improvement.
It is funny to hear people on this forum use the words "beautiful, classy, timeless, flowing, to describe the 350Z. I think the standards on this forum are a little out of wack. "Beautiful, classy, timeless, etc." is an Alfa 8C, Mercedes Gullwing, etc. not a 350Z. It is a nice looking car that is a great bargain but "beautiful, timeless"??

Last edited by newtkindred; 01-31-2009 at 10:41 PM.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 PM
  #124  
tquill
Registered User
iTrader: (15)
 
tquill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Judging from those comparison pictures, I would definitely say the 350 looks better. The hatch looks horrible on the 370 and the headlights and taillights are just awful. From other pictures though, the interior is a vast improvement.

I'll admit I own a 350 but I don't think it's some super special car... and I personally couldn't care less if a newer more expensive version looked better.
tquill is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
  #125  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
It is funny to hear people on this forum use the words "beautiful, classy, timeless, flowing, to describe the 350Z. I think the standards on this forum are a little out of wack. "Beautiful, classy, timeless, etc." is an Alfa 8C, Mercedes Gullwing, etc. not a 350Z. It is a nice looking car that is a great bargain but "beautiful, timeless"??
The Alfa is beautiful regardless of price. The 350Z is nice looking "considering" its price.
Attached Thumbnails 350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-alfa_romeo-8c_competizione_2007_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg   350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-alfa_romeo-8c_competizione_2007_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg   350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-alfa_romeo-8c_competizione_2007_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg   350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-alfa_romeo_8c_competizione_2.jpg   350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-nis350z_08_7_gallery_image_large.jpg  

newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM
  #126  
TheChineyz
Registered User
 
TheChineyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SFBay Area
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default So much better

Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post
I don't like it... Without the headlights and fangs the 370Z looks too happy and unaggressive, like the 350Z. The car in the picture above looks like a dog that pissed in his owner's home and is trying to appease him, ears back, mouth gaping open... If I'd never seen the 370Z and they released this version above I'd like it (it's the same car minus a couple of details) but having seen what Nissan actually released your chop looks terrible compared to it. I like the direction Nissan/Infiniti is going with their cars. Nissan has really become a trendsetter as far as the designs of some of their vehicles and everything flows really well on the 370Z. And like someone else said, this 350Z site isn't representative of how the majority of people feel about the Z. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and this is the only Nissan car site that has people saying negative things about the car (not a coincidence by the way since this is a 350Z forum)...
If the headlights looked like that I would have this car on my list. The front bumper still would need to go but at least an eyebrow could man up the lights. I dont mind the tail lights but the headlights are offensive on the real car.
TheChineyz is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:04 AM
  #127  
TheChineyz
Registered User
 
TheChineyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SFBay Area
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Separated at birth? When trends go wrong. [Headlights]
350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-2009_nissan_370z_front-450.jpg350z VS. 370z  (photo comparison)-2010toyotapriuslive_19_opt.jpg
TheChineyz is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:12 AM
  #128  
Zakira
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
The Alfa is beautiful regardless of price. The 350Z is nice looking "considering" its price.
The Alfa is beautiful, except the face reminds me of a clown.
Zakira is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 AM
  #129  
highflyinkilla
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
highflyinkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: covington, la
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Wish they would've gone more this route.


Thats hideous, even worse than Nissans design.

Last edited by highflyinkilla; 02-01-2009 at 09:17 AM.
highflyinkilla is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
  #130  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by highflyinkilla View Post
Thats hideous, even worse than Nissans design.
Hmm, you are saying the Alfa is hideous? Oh, my!

It is known around the world as one of the most beautiful production cars. Now I see how some of you guys think the 370Z is hideous.

Last edited by newtkindred; 02-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
  #131  
gspotter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
Hmm, you are saying the Alfa is hideous? Oh, my!

It is known around the world as one of the most beautiful production cars. Now I see how some of you guys think the 370Z is hideous.

No, he's talking about the photoshopped headlights on the white 370Z in the pic
gspotter is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
  #132  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gspotter View Post
No, he's talking about the photoshopped headlights on the white 370Z in the pic

Oh, I agree then. I was half a sleep when writing that post. Thanks.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
  #133  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by highflyinkilla View Post
Thats hideous, even worse than Nissans design.
It is a good thing Nissan hasn't hired some of the self proclaimed car designers on this forum. They would go bankrupt in a hurry.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
  #134  
greyson
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

370z looks bigger and chunkier. What---- like a 2-door altima!
greyson is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
  #135  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by greyson View Post
370z looks bigger and chunkier. What---- like a 2-door altima!
Have you seen one in person? Looks beefier but smaller. Well, because it is.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
  #136  
dcmaxclub
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
dcmaxclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: dc/md
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The 370z looks more modern.
The 350z has nicer lines.
dcmaxclub is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 02:52 PM
  #137  
Spork
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Spork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 27,620
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by newtkindred View Post
It is a good thing Nissan hasn't hired some of the self proclaimed car designers on this forum. They would go bankrupt in a hurry.


When did I ever title myself as a "designer"?

I play around with photoshop. Big deal.
Why don't you b*tch about the chop even more? I might even throw up another for you.

Instead of criticizing my chop to no end and b*tching about it like a woman... throw up one of your own and show everyone what would make it "beautiful" in your eyes.

Last edited by Spork; 02-01-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Spork is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
  #138  
jray8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,868
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Wish they would've gone more this route.





NICE
jray8 is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
  #139  
newtkindred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco, california
Posts: 461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Spork View Post


When did I ever title myself as a "designer"?

I play around with photoshop. Big deal.
Why don't you b*tch about the chop even more? I might even throw up another for you.

Instead of criticizing my chop to no end and b*tching about it like a woman... throw up one of your own and show everyone what would make it "beautiful" in your eyes.
True, you didn't call yourself a designer. My bad. Don't know if I can do any better so I won't even attempt.

Last edited by newtkindred; 02-01-2009 at 05:27 PM.
newtkindred is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
  #140  
Nexx
Registered User
iTrader: (41)
 
Nexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,658
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TheChineyz View Post
Separated at birth? When trends go wrong. [Headlights]
Attachment 226547Attachment 226546
you need to get your eyes checked if you think those two cars look anything alike.
Nexx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 350z VS. 370z (photo comparison)


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: