Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Drove 370z today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM
tolnep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSled
About the only thing the vette has over the Z is power. It seems the 370Z w/ Sport Package is pulling similar numbers to the vette in every other category. On top of this, it has better interior, and IMO looks better exterior-wise.
this...

only a guess mind you.. but for me as i've said. the vette and the new z were sitting side by side and cost basically the same and the z had the same hp as the vette.. i would buy the z in a heartbeat.. i would pay just a tad bit more for a z with the same hp/weight ratio than i would for a vette..

the only thing the vette has going for it is tremendous hp/torque which can easily be modded north of 500hp.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 AM
darklocust
Banned

The stock 19s on the 370Z should fit on the 350Z. It's got the right width too.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just test drove a 370Z while I was waiting for them to do my oil change. It was a base manual so no synchro-rev match.

I was hoping to be sold on the exterior design in person but still couldn't wrap my head around some of the design decisions that were made. The interior was marginally better quality, mostly in textures, which frankly seemed excessive, but design-wise again, just odd and parts-bin thrown together looking...not as cohesive as the 350.

The ride was slightly better, steering crisp and the engine and transmission were sublime, smooth gear changes and very progressive acceleration. I think a bit faster than my thoroughly modified N/A DE.

The clutch pedal seemed to be high and have too much travel for my liking. I was expecting a much quieter cabin but that really wasn't the case and the engine noise was all you could really hear accelerating. I remember the stock 350 exhaust note was so intoxicating when I first drove my car.

My head seemed closer to the visor even though I had adjusted my seat to the same position I drove the 350 in. The rear hatch area still looks really tight for space, maybe more so than the 350. Yes the STB is gone but the distance between the floor and hatch glass has been reduced. Other functional details like the push button start and doors unlocking when you turn it off are very nice.

Overall definitely not worth it for me to upgrade but will be a nice car for a new buyer.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Ven

Originally Posted by ulmpharmd
And yes, for 40k, a base C6 will dance circles around this car in power, handling, looks, and fit and finish on the interior. It is a nice car for what it is, but IMHO wayyyy to much $ for the product and performance you get.
I lol'd at this....

Until I see a heads up test, the only thing the C6 has over the 370z is power/acceleration. I haven't seen any heads up handling test to say the C6 is better than the 370z or vice versa or better braking.. Especially not via "dancing circles" around anything..

And as someone else said, the 370z starts at 30k and according to Chevrolet.com the BASE C6 2009 starts at 49K.

Last edited by Ven; 01-15-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
07rdsterGT

You are a 370 nut hugger.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Ven

You called me a name. Am I supposed to go cry in the corner now?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
07rdsterGT

No, not at all. Besides, it's more of a trait/characteristic then a name. Maybe even a verb? A noun though? Not so much. I guess it can be if you want it too.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 AM
TTwinTTurbo

What are your mods?

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Just test drove a 370Z while I was waiting for them to do my oil change. It was a base manual so no synchro-rev match.

I was hoping to be sold on the exterior design in person but still couldn't wrap my head around some of the design decisions that were made. The interior was marginally better quality, mostly in textures, which frankly seemed excessive, but design-wise again, just odd and parts-bin thrown together looking...not as cohesive as the 350.

The ride was slightly better, steering crisp and the engine and transmission were sublime, smooth gear changes and very progressive acceleration. I think a bit faster than my thoroughly modified N/A DE.

The clutch pedal seemed to be high and have too much travel for my liking. I was expecting a much quieter cabin but that really wasn't the case and the engine noise was all you could really hear accelerating. I remember the stock 350 exhaust note was so intoxicating when I first drove my car.

My head seemed closer to the visor even though I had adjusted my seat to the same position I drove the 350 in. The rear hatch area still looks really tight for space, maybe more so than the 350. Yes the STB is gone but the distance between the floor and hatch glass has been reduced. Other functional details like the push button start and doors unlocking when you turn it off are very nice.

Overall definitely not worth it for me to upgrade but will be a nice car for a new buyer.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL@ the interior comments on the 370. It looks like they had a bunch of chit and just threw it in there. It's way too busy for my taste.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now...^

extra padded for your comfort.

You buy it? Yeah, you buy it...
Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Dealsgap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 2 cents

Since I drove and contemplated buying a C6 (F55 3LT) prior to me purchasing an 08 Touring I guess I'll way in here. My brother, who is responsible for making me a "Z" lover, and who has loved Z's all his life (and had several) actually bought the C6 over the Z.

It was a close call for me on which one to get. What it came down to for me was just "what I liked the best" for what the car would do. Yes, budget played a part also but I could have afforded either car.

I love my 08 and am happy with my purchase. If they could get the torque numbers up on the Z, I think you would have (a little) more of a comparison regarding raw power (roll on power) but then this would require probably a different rear end and obviously Nissan didn't want to go this route. They keep increasing HP but torque is where you feel it.

Come on Nissan get those torque numbers up...what do you guys think..
Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
gennosuke1

well how much power increase did you feel? any?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
l3ogie

wow you guys are lame. oh no he has something to say about the new Z and i dont. So were all gnna give him **** for it. Because we still have the Z33. No forreal just read his oppinion and talk about ti, yall cant even get like 3 posts into the topic without being asses.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
boulderZ

Sat in one the other day at a local stealership. I was like 'umm whats this new material on the dash etc..?" Sales guy says "umm.. I think its pleather"

Good job sales guy. Seriously do these guys even read the car brochures? They seem to be utterly clueless about the car.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Red6

Originally Posted by nismology1
I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on a base C6 being better than the 370Z w/ sport package at anything other than a heads up drag race.
There so much misinformation here. The corvette has the most feedback of any production car from actual racing. It’s not even a drag car that’s just an added benefit. The C6 Vette will walk a 350z, a 370z, and most cars on a track. The interiors are sh*t but the car suspension and overall design will destroy most cars even in base form on a road race track. You guys are crazy the 370z is not a lotus Elise its a Nissan with a lot more weight and far less track feedback.

Last edited by Red6; 01-16-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
l3ogie

Hey man i totally drove one last night, well the experience probably wasnt as good as yours. Considering that i drove it in the Need for Speed Undercover game, but it was still sick. lol : )
Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 AM
nismology1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red6
There so much misinformation here. The corvette has the most feedback of any production car from actual racing. It’s not even a drag car that’s just an added benefit. The C6 Vette will walk a 350z, a 370z, and most cars on a track. The interiors are sh*t but the car suspension and overall design will destroy most cars even in base form on a road race track. You guys are crazy the 370z is not a lotus Elise its a Nissan with a lot more weight and far less track feedback.
I'm going strictly by the numbers here. We can leave the abstract and intangible BS for another discussion.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Louis21

I drove one yesterday, I was less than impressed to be honest. The car did not feel much (if any) faster than my 2007. I love the interior though, definitely an improvement. Not too crazy about the tail lights in person, the front is actually decent though.
I was also disappointed that the base (which is the one i drove) does not have the rev matching option, so you get a nice little cover cap on its place which looks tacky. That means I have to shell out enough cash for the touring instead. Considering the base already was 31K, they should have added the option IMO.
The dealer I went to here in FL was selling them with no markup, just regular MSRP on the window sticker.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 AM
nrvna76

The rev matching comes with the sport package, not the touring trim. Still $3k extra though.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
fr0ng

Originally Posted by Red6
leaf springs. serious business.

also, magazine racing is serious business.

Quick Reply: Drove 370z today!