Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Curious... door dings

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 AM
ynot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Curious... door dings

Not sure if this has been discussed already but now that nissan is using aluminum as part of the door panels, anyone here think they're more prone to door dings than before? Just a thought... (i hate door dings).
Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 PM
B1nKs
Banned

HOLY HELL IN A HANDBAG yes. I was at the light at the corner of my street coming home from work the other night when I hear this loud PING and I did not know wtf it was at the time and could not see anything but when I got home I noticed my driver side door had a dent in it. Some fcking kids had shot at my car with a sling shot or BB or something. I run back there with a flashlight to catch the little fckers and hear it again only they had just hit a truck at the same light and he flipped the fck out also thinking it was me but i explained to him i was looking for the little bastards like he was. I went to a guy today to have this "Paintless dent removal" get done to my Z and was told it would be no problem and everything will be just like NEW and the clear chipped off. So now i have no dent but 2 small clear chips. yay.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
sandthepilot

I was eating at Arby's, and a family was eating and I noticed them getting into their car right next to my Z. Their car was some red sedan...probably an oldsmobile. Anyway, their fat son probably around the age of 14 just kept staring at the inside of my car and as he got into the car he flung the door wide open to get in. And I am sitting there staring at them wondering "that little **** better have not dinged my door". As he closes the door I don't see anything so I'm like alright cool. His father comes in to throw some trash away and stares right at me like he knew his son did something so I got suspicious. He left and they drove away. After I got done eating I came outside and BEHOLD! Red paint on my door ! But it didn't end there, so I buffed it out with a rag I had in my car, which revealed the primer. Good news is that there is no dent, have no idea how, so now I think I'm going to order the paint pen with both clear coat and paint. Has anyone used that product before?

BTW, I try parking away from any car, but unfortunately people still want to park next to my car
Old 01-20-2009, 12:03 PM
bruddahmatt

Unfortunately for those of us who live in the US (Hawaii included) there will always be enough fat people who for some bizarre reason find it necessary to park 6 inches from our doors so they can ding them more easily as they squeeze their large badonks out of their cars. You could have a car made out of titanium and these inconsiderate jacka*ses would still find a way to ding your door. F**kers could probably dent the space shuttle.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Zero

Originally Posted by bruddahmatt
Unfortunately for those of us who live in the US (Hawaii included) there will always be enough fat people who for some bizarre reason find it necessary to park 6 inches from our doors so they can ding them more easily as they squeeze their large badonks out of their cars. You could have a car made out of titanium and these inconsiderate jacka*ses would still find a way to ding your door. F**kers could probably dent the space shuttle.
So true. LOL.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

paint pen ends up looking like garbage Sand. even if you do a good job, it won't match right. at least it will protect the material from rust, but you'll prob have to take it to a pro if you want it to look like it never happened.

sucks that your gut instinct kicked in and you ignored it.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 AM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by Entaille
paint pen ends up looking like garbage Sand. even if you do a good job, it won't match right. at least it will protect the material from rust, but you'll prob have to take it to a pro if you want it to look like it never happened.

sucks that your gut instinct kicked in and you ignored it.
thank you entaille for the suggestion i appreciate it

(so far it hasn't rusted)

Yeah next time I'll stick with my gut and go outside and confront someone about it
Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 AM
SvR350z

Thank god for paintless dent repair. It works.