Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

New 370Z online magazine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:01 AM
Firebase99

Z's for life. All the best to you and you're family. Now get back in the saddle and throw the hammer down. God-Speed.
Old 01-24-2009 | 08:56 AM
morepower2

We were working on the site all nite and it looks better today, added a new article as well!
Old 01-25-2009 | 01:49 AM
Frostydc4

Question

I love the tech articles on the new site (especially of the motor & suspension) . I find it interesting that the cylinder head & valve train in the VQ37VHR is unserviceable . I was hoping to see a wicked all-motor setup on the VHR motor but now it seems that its more cost effective to go with the VQ35DE or VQ35HR if you want to make some serious NA power. It looks like I'll keep & mod my V35 for now .

How hard is it to change the rear suspension setup from the Z33/V35 setup to the M35/G37 setup? Will this drastically alter the suspension geometry? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2009 | 12:30 PM
RedBeauty84ZX

Originally Posted by morepower2

One area i wanted to cover is bringing back the USSC.

I am looking forward doing real cool things.
YES! BRING IT BACK
Old 01-25-2009 | 01:16 PM
morepower2

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
I love the tech articles on the new site (especially of the motor & suspension) . I find it interesting that the cylinder head & valve train in the VQ37VHR is unserviceable . I was hoping to see a wicked all-motor setup on the VHR motor but now it seems that its more cost effective to go with the VQ35DE or VQ35HR if you want to make some serious NA power. It looks like I'll keep & mod my V35 for now .

How hard is it to change the rear suspension setup from the Z33/V35 setup to the M35/G37 setup? Will this drastically alter the suspension geometry? Thanks.
The 370/G37/M35/M45 rear subframe and suspension bolts into the Z33. The advantage over the Z33 rear suspension is that it has less antisquat and more passive toe-in under roll. This should allow you to get on the throttle sooner and harder. It does make the car harder to drift for the same reason but who cares about that

With less anti-squat you might need more spring to prevent squat but thats not such an issue, most of the Z suspensions on the market run way too soft in the back.

Once the code for the VVEL system is figured out, it may just be a real good thing for NA power. The valve events are compromised to reduce overlap and to retain exhaust gasses in the cylinder to lower emissions because the engine has no EGR valve.

I think the compromises could be programed out of the system and biased towards power production. Add an exhaust cam and springs for higher revs and this might be something really cool.

Who will figure this out is hard to say at this time though. Although Nissan says the head is a non servicable item, its not imposible. Old school Diesil injection pumps and Spica fuel injection are crazy complex but people still worked on them.

Its probably a matter of reverse engineering how to adjust the clearances between various parts of the VVEL system.
Old 01-25-2009 | 04:44 PM
in.the.dark

Hi,

My name is Mike Kojima and some of you might know who I am from the Z tuning world and the magazines like the late SCC and Turbo mags.

My latest project is a new on line magazine devoted to the 370z. I think we have a good start and have some really good tech on the new car and will follow the development of the car and the 370z scene.

http://www.370z.com

I hope the mods don't consider this to be spam and let this stay. I am a longtime lover and contributor to the Nissan Performance Comunity and this is something I am doing for the comunity. 370Z.com is brought to you by the same group who used to do Nissanperformancemag.com We have been tied up with legal issues for the past two years but we are coming back soon and I will post once we are ready to release our other Nissan based projects.

Thank you for your time, stop by take a look comment, and we will try to do stuff you want!

Mike
Consider me starstruck. I've been a fan of Kojima, Coleman, Oldham, and all the gang from SCC during the good old day's. Consider me there.
Old 01-26-2009 | 10:38 AM
morepower2

motoIQ will launch in 2-3 weeks so stay tuned. Intialy there will be a lot of Nissan content.
Old 01-27-2009 | 08:03 AM
in.the.dark

motoIQ will launch in 2-3 weeks so stay tuned. Intialy there will be a lot of Nissan content.
Mike,

Any chance the Z32 will make any appearances, or that the previously authored material will be at all made available within the new sites?

...Or did you sell that beast? Between the Z32 and Coleman's Silvia project, there is so much knowledge to be shared with the community.

Also, is this a subscription model or an advertisement driven revenue model or both?
Old 01-27-2009 | 01:54 PM
morepower2

The problem is a lot of that car was done before the digital age so the images and text are in Primedia's vaults not mine. The white car will have some apperances and I think Daves S13 will as well. I am also doing a Z32 time attack car ground up that will be all new material.
Old 02-07-2009 | 04:19 PM
morepower2

We have a few new articles up and a few more this week!

www.370z.com
Old 02-08-2009 | 09:00 AM
DIGItonium

there '02 member! I'd definitely like to read into TS ECU tuning. I want some more N/A torque/power without making the throttle too touchy or sensitive.
Old 02-09-2009 | 05:59 PM
morepower2

we will keep an eye on whats going in in the ecu tuning world and test and report.
Old 02-09-2009 | 06:05 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I'm actually curious to see your first attempts at turboing and how difficult (or hopefully, the lack thereof) it was to do.
Old 02-09-2009 | 06:17 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by Nuki06FireZ
I'm actually curious to see your first attempts at turboing and how difficult (or hopefully, the lack thereof) it was to do.
I'm also curious if the ports/bolt pattern/studs will allow for the VR38's exhaust housings to bolt up (to either the 35HR or 37VHR) and whether that would place the turbos in a decent place for building on. There are already upgrades available for the GTR using the stock turbine housing. I don't have a lot of hope with this, but it's worth looking into. I was looking at the exploded views of the two engine's and they both appear to use the same bolt/stud patterns. It's a matter if the ports are shaped and spaced the same. Not likely, but there may be some service to those unserviceable heads that can be done to rectify that situation.

The other option I would love to see is the VK50 swap.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 02-09-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2009 | 09:50 AM
morepower2

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
I'm also curious if the ports/bolt pattern/studs will allow for the VR38's exhaust housings to bolt up (to either the 35HR or 37VHR) and whether that would place the turbos in a decent place for building on. There are already upgrades available for the GTR using the stock turbine housing. I don't have a lot of hope with this, but it's worth looking into. I was looking at the exploded views of the two engine's and they both appear to use the same bolt/stud patterns. It's a matter if the ports are shaped and spaced the same. Not likely, but there may be some service to those unserviceable heads that can be done to rectify that situation.

The other option I would love to see is the VK50 swap.
Do you mean exhaust manifolds? Usualy turbo upgrades involving carving out stock housings don't work all that well.
Old 02-25-2009 | 12:50 PM
bauertt

pretty lame that some admin/mode changed the name of his domain name in the original post to my350z.com

I wasn't aware freedom of speech was not allowed.

to the mod/admin that did the switch... seriously dude, suck less.
Old 02-25-2009 | 12:55 PM
singh

^
+1. I bet now he won't even show himself for what he just did..

cowards die many times before their death
Old 02-25-2009 | 02:11 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Actually, I think IB has some kind of parser that does that automatically. I might be wrong but I read something about that from another mod.
Old 02-25-2009 | 03:02 PM
singh

^^
No I remember reading this thread a few weeks ago and the domain name was different. Someone recently changed it..
Old 02-26-2009 | 07:34 AM
morepower2

It took awhile so maybe it isnt automatic. Freedom of speech is part of the US constitution but not a right for a privatly owned forum on the internet. The site owners have the right to moderate as they please.

Quick Reply: New 370Z online magazine!