Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

New 370Z online magazine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009 | 09:47 AM
morepower2

Default New 370Z online magazine!

Hi,

My name is Mike Kojima and some of you might know who I am from the Z tuning world and the magazines like the late SCC and Turbo mags.

My latest project is a new on line magazine devoted to the 370z. I think we have a good start and have some really good tech on the new car and will follow the development of the car and the 370z scene.

http://www.370z.com

I hope the mods don't consider this to be spam and let this stay. I am a longtime lover and contributor to the Nissan Performance Comunity and this is something I am doing for the comunity. 370Z.com is brought to you by the same group who used to do Nissanperformancemag.com We have been tied up with legal issues for the past two years but we are coming back soon and I will post once we are ready to release our other Nissan based projects.

Thank you for your time, stop by take a look comment, and we will try to do stuff you want!

Mike
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:43 AM
Sea Bass

If this really is Mike Kojima, I just have this to say:

when can we expect more developments from your 300ZX?
Damn shame about SCC... I loved that mag, and I really liked your articles that popped up from time to time, too.
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:51 AM
morepower2

Yes it is really me. I have two 300ZX projects, the well known white car and my time attack car.

Basicaly the last two years have been really bad, first I almost get crippled in a bad racing accident, then my father dies, my mom gets really sick, then passes away, my father in law gets sick and passes and my mother in law and my wife both get bad health issues.

Now I am back and am picking up the pieces. I want to add GT3071 turbos with mike smith manifolds, bigger JWT cams, Dupree 02 senosr housings and bigger IC piping to the white car and probably do somemore fiddling with the rear suspension to get rid of some anti squat.

The time attack car, finish the wide body and start putting it togehter.

It will all be featured in my new E-zine motoIQ.com.

motoIQ is Dave Coleman and myself with most of the old staff of NPM. Basicaly we want to start off where SCC left off.

I'll keep everyone posted and I hope to see all of your there and at 370z.com!
Old 01-23-2009 | 12:10 PM
350Zenophile

Hey Mike. I am glad to see you and Dave starting a new venture together. I'll be sure to check out both sites and will pass them along to other former readers of SCC. Please keep this thread updated...hopefully the mods will let you get on your feet before demanding vendor tax.
Old 01-23-2009 | 12:28 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by morepower2
Yes it is really me. I have two 300ZX projects, the well known white car and my time attack car.

Basicaly the last two years have been really bad, first I almost get crippled in a bad racing accident, then my father dies, my mom gets really sick, then passes away, my father in law gets sick and passes and my mother in law and my wife both get bad health issues.

Now I am back and am picking up the pieces. I want to add GT3071 turbos with mike smith manifolds, bigger JWT cams, Dupree 02 senosr housings and bigger IC piping to the white car and probably do somemore fiddling with the rear suspension to get rid of some anti squat.

motoIQ is Dave Coleman and myself with most of the old staff of NPM. Basicaly we want to start off where SCC left off.

That's a really horrible stretch you had, and I'm sorry to hear that so many people close to you have become sick, or passed on. My condolences to you and your family. All I can do is hope things improve. Getting on with things, however, like your cars, is probably quite good for your mental health, at the very least.

I'll be sure to check out that site and your upcoming projects. Of course, I was referring to that white 300ZX. I drool over that car.
Old 01-23-2009 | 12:49 PM
Jun
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Hi Mike, first of all, sorry to hear everything you've gone through in the past two years, but glad you are back up.

Site looks good!
Old 01-23-2009 | 12:53 PM
morepower2

Thanks for all of the encoragement guys! The canning of SCC by the coporate types really hurt. Dave and I really want to make a new place for all of the hard core true belivers of our pastime. 370z.com is the first stepping stone. Dave can't write there because of conflict of interest but he will be at motoIQ.com big time.

I hope you enjoy 370z.com! I think there is some good stuff there and more to come.
Old 01-23-2009 | 01:48 PM
Zakira

Hi Mike. I've been here long enough to remember your first post here. Back then the first performance mod for the Z33 was like the intake, and you were trying to shed some light on our debate with real physics and scientific knowledge as I recall. Old times.

Nissanperformancemagazine.com was a must read for me, until it stopped one September or something.

Anyway, congrats on your new website.
Old 01-23-2009 | 01:50 PM
morepower2

Thanks,

I hope you like 370.com and motoIQ.com when we launch. They should be even better as this is going to now be my full time job!
Old 01-23-2009 | 01:59 PM
threepointo

Yo Mike! Its me Kevin Neely! I plan on picking up a 370z in the next couple of months so I will be available for parts tryouts etc for articles if you like. I will PM you my contact info. I am getting ready to sell the 350z and once I finish this next photo shoot I will be aggressively marketing the 510 for sale...k
Old 01-23-2009 | 02:13 PM
morepower2

Originally Posted by threepointo
Yo Mike! Its me Kevin Neely! I plan on picking up a 370z in the next couple of months so I will be available for parts tryouts etc for articles if you like. I will PM you my contact info. I am getting ready to sell the 350z and once I finish this next photo shoot I will be aggressively marketing the 510 for sale...k
I want to feature your 350 in moto IQ and would really be interested in working with you on the 370.
Old 01-23-2009 | 02:49 PM
jjs350zed

Thanks for all of the encoragement guys! The canning of SCC by the coporate types really hurt. Dave and I really want to make a new place for all of the hard core true belivers of our pastime. 370z.com is the first stepping stone. Dave can't write there because of conflict of interest but he will be at motoIQ.com big time.

I hope you enjoy 370z.com! I think there is some good stuff there and more to come.
I grew up on SCC in the late 90's/early 00's, much love. That, and Gran Turismo 1 are pretty much the primary reasons for my automotive affinity/affliction.
Old 01-23-2009 | 03:07 PM
Resolute

Damn. Mike Kojima and Dave Coleman working on a new online mag? I'd pay money for that. Good luck with this new endeavor! I sincerely hope your team can continue providing technically sound articles without bias and hype, much like the "Making it Stick" and "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow" series which went on to become classics.

Also, perhaps you guys will take a note from SCC's magazine just before its untimely demise, and incorporate a solid array of graphs and charts to compare data and aid in interpreting your analysis. With their technical features and nifty layout, they appeared to be on-track to become a hybrid combination of Grassroots Motorsports and Racecar Engineering; technical information written and presented in an easy-to-digest format for the average enthusiast.

Thanks for visiting our forum and personally informing us about the new magazine!

Will
Old 01-23-2009 | 03:22 PM
morepower2

Originally Posted by Resolute
Damn. Mike Kojima and Dave Coleman working on a new online mag? I'd pay money for that. Good luck with this new endeavor! I sincerely hope your team can continue providing technically sound articles without bias and hype, much like the "Making it Stick" and "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow" series which went on to become classics.

Also, perhaps you guys will take a note from SCC's magazine just before its untimely demise, and incorporate a solid array of graphs and charts to compare data and aid in interpreting your analysis. With their technical features and nifty layout, they appeared to be on-track to become a hybrid combination of Grassroots Motorsports and Racecar Engineering; technical information written and presented in an easy-to-digest format for the average enthusiast.

Thanks for visiting our forum and personally informing us about the new magazine!

Will
Hi Will,

Thanks for the feedback, we will definatly be collecting data for our articles. This will probably be after we get going and start advertising so we can rasie money for test equipment, vidio equipment and track rentals needed for cool articles. The most diffcult part is floating the one million dollar liabilty insurance needed to secure legal test areas.

One area i wanted to cover is bringing back the USSC.

I am looking forward doing real cool things.
Old 01-23-2009 | 05:04 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Hey Mike, thanks for the info. I looked around the website a bit and I think it looks great. I read your take on the new vq37, I figure if there's anyone who can figure out how to tune it, it would be you guys.
Old 01-23-2009 | 05:17 PM
ryanmac516
i like boobies
Premier Member

wait wtf when did scc get canned what was the last issue i havnt recieved one in a while and what about my subsciption
Old 01-23-2009 | 07:26 PM
bauertt

best.domain.name.ever

congrats
Old 01-23-2009 | 07:55 PM
aloh

very nice stuff! It was fun to read all the different tech articles! It makes me wish i could have a 370Z now..
Old 01-23-2009 | 08:02 PM
supergoji

Originally Posted by ryanmac516
wait wtf when did scc get canned what was the last issue i havnt recieved one in a while and what about my subsciption

scc got canned awhile back, you'll have a choice of what subscription you'll want to being recieving.

Mike Kojima my condolences go out to you and yours.
Old 01-23-2009 | 11:52 PM
morepower2

Originally Posted by Nuki06FireZ
Hey Mike, thanks for the info. I looked around the website a bit and I think it looks great. I read your take on the new vq37, I figure if there's anyone who can figure out how to tune it, it would be you guys.
I think technosquare has already had a look inside the ECU, they told me that they are a lot of new maps, probably ones that control the VVEL.

Quick Reply: New 370Z online magazine!