Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Road & Track: CaymanS vs. 370Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM
mkaresh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetracer
They will raise it when the time comes. For now, the 370z is on top. Why waste your bullets! A year or two from now they go ahead and direct inject the engine and bump up the compression ratio a little. That will sweet things up a bit, i think.
Does Nissan have any DI engines yet? They seem to be lagging in this area. Agree that it's only a matter of time. 2012 at the latest.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Barrok

Originally Posted by gabez33
+111111111

Why would anyone spend double the cash and get the same performance?!? Doesnt make sense to me, for what, prestige? Give me a break, how is that sense of bought selfworth gonna feel when the 370z blows past you. like you said, having caymen money would open up a list of allot better cars. To me, for the price and performance the caymen is FAIL
This is a funny quote. I was cross shopping a 350z back when I bought my 08 STI. When I sit back and look at either cars performance specs the next step up (faster) comes at a much larger price. But there is more to a car than just performance. If performance was all you wanted get a cobalt ss turbo'd. It's just as fast as many cars out their that are twice the price.

When you are buying the cayman you aren't buying only performance. My next car will hopefully be an Audi s5. Is it faster than my STI? Nope. Is it better looking? Yep! Is it nicer on the interior and have better service? Yep!

So don't ever look at performance only but if you do go trade your car in for a cobalt ss turbo
Old 04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
streetracer

I would much rather go with a Mazdaspeed 3 than a plastiky cobalt if I were to go FWD. Plus its bigger so its more useful. And looks better too.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barrok
This is a funny quote. I was cross shopping a 350z back when I bought my 08 STI. When I sit back and look at either cars performance specs the next step up (faster) comes at a much larger price. But there is more to a car than just performance. If performance was all you wanted get a cobalt ss turbo'd. It's just as fast as many cars out their that are twice the price.

When you are buying the cayman you aren't buying only performance. My next car will hopefully be an Audi s5. Is it faster than my STI? Nope. Is it better looking? Yep! Is it nicer on the interior and have better service? Yep!

So don't ever look at performance only but if you do go trade your car in for a cobalt ss turbo
well considering 90% of the "VS" here between the Z and caymen were about performance, my post is justified. So then tell me this, if you were cross shopping an STI vs 350Z and performance was NOT a factor, why the HELL did you buy an STI?! The 350Z Clearly owns the STI in the looks department. And dont tell me looks are subjective, cause then you will be discrediting your whole arguement... ps I would rather get MS3 for that price