Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Test drove a new 370z touring yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
matth76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My totally stock late 05 DE (non revup made just over ~240lbs/ft on two different dynos) so in reality it does at least in my case. Either way all dynos and cars are all different from the factory, one car even brand new will have +/- 10bhp more than the next. Another 05 DE model like mine could make less or more than me. Factory quoted figures are just a guide as everyone knows. However like I said and not to get me wrong I do actually agree with you and my personal opinion is I think the 370 is an amazing car, undoubtedly quicker and better all round quality and would snap one up very quickly

Last edited by matth76; 12-21-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Zultimate

Got a call from the dealer where i did the test drive today. I laughed at the figures they gave me initially - $16k trade on my 06 Touring and $38k for their 2010 Touring. Today they offered me $18k for my car and came down to $36k for the 2010. That's $4k more than the first meeting. I'll wait them out until the 31st. If i can get a super deal on the last day of the year i may just pull the trigger.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by matth76
My totally stock late 05 DE (non revup made just over ~240lbs/ft on two different dynos) so in reality it does at least in my case. Either way all dynos and cars are all different from the factory, one car even brand new will have +/- 10bhp more than the next. Another 05 DE model like mine could make less or more than me. Factory quoted figures are just a guide as everyone knows. However like I said and not to get me wrong I do actually agree with you and my personal opinion is I think the 370 is an amazing car, undoubtedly quicker and better all round quality and would snap one up very quickly
i guarantee you a vq37hr would make more torque on the same dyno under the same conditions. dont try to fool yourself. its people like you who make me shake my head, wake up to reality, your DE is slow, live with it.. i have to.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Why do you want to wait for last day? If you really plan to get a 370z, I would throw them a numbers and have fun with that on 31th. No?

Originally Posted by Zultimate
Got a call from the dealer where i did the test drive today. I laughed at the figures they gave me initially - $16k trade on my 06 Touring and $38k for their 2010 Touring. Today they offered me $18k for my car and came down to $36k for the 2010. That's $4k more than the first meeting. I'll wait them out until the 31st. If i can get a super deal on the last day of the year i may just pull the trigger.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:32 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by ZPirate
The shifter was also notchy and clunky compared to the Zs.
Wow, i didn't think it was possible to have a more clunky and notchy shifter then the Z!! LOL
Old 12-22-2009, 05:35 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by halfass872
Wow, i didn't think it was possible to have a more clunky and notchy shifter then the Z!! LOL
I think he got a bad one. I love the shifter in the vette.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Why do you want to wait for last day? If you really plan to get a 370z, I would throw them a numbers and have fun with that on 31th. No?
you can get great deals by doing this...its all a numbers game and given the economy i bet the dealers are behind in their sales
Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
I think he got a bad one. I love the shifter in the vette.
I improved mine significantly with an MGW shifter.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 AM
matth76

Originally Posted by Nexx
i guarantee you a vq37hr would make more torque on the same dyno under the same conditions. dont try to fool yourself. its people like you who make me shake my head, wake up to reality, your DE is slow, live with it.. i have to.
You clearly did not read anything in my post. I suggest you re-read it.

Last edited by matth76; 12-28-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
you can get great deals by doing this...its all a numbers game and given the economy i bet the dealers are behind in their sales
I hear ya. I always thought jan will be better price than last day of year. Hummm maybe I try stop dealer too.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Zultimate

I did get the 370z today. Ended up getting for close to invoice - $36000. It's a black touring model with the sport package. Very happy with my decision - this is a sweet car.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM
ZPirate

Congratulations!

Touring/Sport is a great combo. How about some pics?

Last edited by ZPirate; 12-31-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 AM
One Quick Z

I owned a 2006 Z06 for a year and felt the exact same way about it.

Extremely quick, however not that fun to drive. I love feeling connected to the car I'm driving. The 350z was so predictable, it was fun pushing it to its limits. In the Z06, I was afraid to floor it half the time because it was just so unforgiving and never communicated well.

It reminded me of when I used to play racing games and pump up the "POWER" stats of my cars without touching the "BRAKING" and "HANDLING". It made the car fast, but uncontrollable.

The Z06 was a much better highway cruiser. It had tons of power in 6th, better gas mileage than the 350z on the highway and finally 2nd gear went up to 90mph if wanted to feel the power on the highway.

They are really two entirely different cars. I have always preferred the smaller more intimate cockpit and overall size of the Zs. The C6 is wider and longer and it feels that way on the road even though it's actually lighter than the 350Z and the 370Z. The Vette's size makes it a great grand tourer, but not as much fun as a sports car.

All that being said, my biggest complaints with the C6 were always the interior (and mine was a 3LT) and the lack of feel and feedback. My C6 was a 2006 and from the first time I drove it I was not impressed with the steering. It was vague and provided little feedback compared with my 350Z. The shifter was also notchy and clunky compared to the Zs.

No question the C6 is a fast, powerful, good handling car with serious performance capabilities. I just never felt as comfortable with it as I do the Zs. I didn't enjoy driving it like I do my Zs. To me the overall driving experience is the most critical factor in whether I like a car or not.

As for the 370Z the interior materials are much nicer than the C6 and the 350Z. While the car doesn't have the horsepower and especially the torque of the C6 it's still a very quick car. And the Sport package makes it even better. I have been impressed with car straight from the factory. So far I've added Stillen sway bars and a Borla exhaust and the car is even better.

It's not an easy decision because I've been there. I always wanted a Corvette so I had to have one. Like I said before the C6 is a nice car, but it's different than the Zs. In my opinion it really boils down to what you like in a car.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How did this get to be 370Z vs Corvette?

Interesting reading on 350Z drivers who test drive the 370Z. Well it was interesting until we added the Corvette.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
ZPirate

I think it's interesting to compare all three cars. Since I've owned all three I think I have a good perspective on the pros and cons of each. When I bought my Corvette I felt it was a natural progression from the 350Z. Several other Corvette owners that I know had also come from a 350Z. However, I never really felt like I bonded with my Corvette so when the 370Z came out I sold my Corvette and bought a 370Z.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:46 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by One Quick Z
I owned a 2006 Z06 for a year and felt the exact same way about it.

Extremely quick, however not that fun to drive. I love feeling connected to the car I'm driving. The 350z was so predictable, it was fun pushing it to its limits. In the Z06, I was afraid to floor it half the time because it was just so unforgiving and never communicated well.

It reminded me of when I used to play racing games and pump up the "POWER" stats of my cars without touching the "BRAKING" and "HANDLING". It made the car fast, but uncontrollable.

The Z06 was a much better highway cruiser. It had tons of power in 6th, better gas mileage than the 350z on the highway and finally 2nd gear went up to 90mph if wanted to feel the power on the highway.
Sounds like we had similar experiences with the Corvette. It's a nice car, but perhaps not the best performance car for everyone.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:04 AM
mkaresh

Originally Posted by jake0212@hotmai
I have been driving my 09 370 for a month now, used to drive a 05 touring. I can't tell you how much better in power this car has. the VVEL is insane after passing 4.5 / 5k RPM. And the butt dyno feels like nothing because they refined the suspension and interior of the car so now it feels semi durable compare as to the bumpyness of the 350Z. You don't feel the sudden pull when you step on it because they have refined it to accelerate smoothly. It's just overall such a well built car.
I haven't had the chance to drive the 370 yet. Sounds like another case where adding refinement has reduced the fun. Too bad. The press reviews suggest that the steering and handling are much improved, so I've been expecting great things.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 AM
ChuckD05

The only people saying that are 350z owners wearing 350z goggles lol. Look at every si' gle online review/video there is nothing but praise given to the 370z . Road noise is my one and only complaint. The car is as sweet as I could of imagined. And it wi get to any speed faster than any 350 with a shorter fatter wheelbase and a few less pounds which equates to better handleing which leads to more fun ! I'm actually glad a lot of 350 owners don't like the 370. Less on the road works for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
The only people saying that are 350z owners wearing 350z goggles lol. Look at every si' gle online review/video there is nothing but praise given to the 370z . Road noise is my one and only complaint. The car is as sweet as I could of imagined. And it wi get to any speed faster than any 350 with a shorter fatter wheelbase and a few less pounds which equates to better handleing which leads to more fun ! I'm actually glad a lot of 350 owners don't like the 370. Less on the road works for me.
Road noise from the tires? Depends on the road surface but yes it can be pretty loud. In about 20,000 miles I will be looking for more quiet tires.

Or road noise from the tires throwing debris in the rear wheel wells? Initially I was surprised. Reminded me of my 240Z.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I certainly respect that you are entitled to your opinion about the 370Z I'm perplexed as to how you think the interior of the 370Z sucks. The 370Z interior is much nicer than the 350Z interior.

Quick Reply: Test drove a new 370z touring yesterday