Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
ChuckD05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt see rain in my forecast... but i looked for out here by me in NY
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
brady

Originally Posted by Red370
Also, check Z eliminators drag threads, 12.8 on stock wheels/tires, I'll put money that your best bolt on HR isnt close to that. BTW, he drives an auto.
Sounds like you're picking a battle or looking to go broke. "...I'll put money that your best bolt on HR isnt close to that..."

Stop the smack talk and post up your best.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Z You Later

LOL at this thread, it's better than reading the funny pages!

Now back on topic...YES the 370 is much more bolt-on friendly than the 350 but to how much more? Yes there are some people in here that are very biased to what they own and will give stubborn answers back, but most do have a point by saying "prove it". your time slip was blurred and can't even read it, and if people are saying that the dyno you went to is high, why not go to a proven shop with an accurate dyno and prove them wrong? If it's such a big deal then do it.

Now another thing that struck a nerve with me is how there are a BUNCH of newbies to the forum telling everyone else how it should either be ran, or this is my forum so GTFO...you don't have to be on here, you can troll some other site. There are MANY people on here to give unbiased answers and are willing to go out of their way to help you, i've been a part of this before.

But to end this rant before i start getting into some things that really pissed me off is that if you're going to "brag" or "call someone out" about something then back it up. If you get called out on it and throw out excuses of "this person's dyno was this" or "if he made this number i should be xx above him" then back up with factual numbers. but when you are hard headed and can't see past the false answers to the real ones then maybe you need to take your own advice and GTFO.

And BTW this site is for actual Z enthusiasts who can care less about some dyno queen, take your car to Zdayz to the tail of the dragon and i'll bet you'll get your @ss handed to you by a stock DE who has the best mod of all, the driver mod!

/rant

Last edited by Z You Later; 04-26-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so where are the updated times from the 370 guys
Old 04-27-2010, 06:49 AM
BladeZ34

the season is still early, many people haven't had the opportunity yet. I've been stuck in a law library or I'd be at atco by now, once I get a chance probably late May early June I'll get over to atco but I won't be stock by then.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Mr.Squeeze

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
thanks man.... I like in port jefferson NY, in suffolk county on Long Island, so its a ride regardless... But i will look it up on map quest. E-town is 2-2.5 hours away, atco 3, and not sure on that one...

but a un crowded track is the best track for me...

aprreciate it!

EDIT - just looked mapquest says 2.5 hours... how crowded does it get and how is the track prep ? Have you been there?
The track doesn't get as crowded as E-town the track prep is pretty good.I have been to the track 2 times the last time i went was last year on a friday night test and tune I got 6-7 runs in.A few friends and my self are going this Sunday I will send you a pm and let you know how it went
Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
ChuckD05

13.088 @ 106.69

My buddies 7AT with Greddy Exhaust, Berk Test Pipes, and UpRev Tune, and stillen UD pulley

He put down 318 on the same dyno I put down 342.. He did a Stillen Pulley after that 318 dyno tho so give or take a few whp for him. Either way my car dynoed a decent amount higher so this makes me gitty. This was the first time he has ever been at a track in his life.

I was supposed to go with him but an emergency came up and couldnt. I am 6m he is AT .

As of now I will be going to Atco on Tuesday ... Ill report back than with a good time for the manual 370zs out there!

If he does gears and gets some radials he will be in the 12's .. Also i must note that he has a full system installed with 2 12s with his spare still in with full interior. On a touring model as well that weighs a few lbs more. Also has a lambo door kit which prob adds weight so his time to me is very good with all things considered..

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-29-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
VeeTec

Very nice.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

13.088 @ 106.69

My buddies 7AT with Greddy Exhaust, Berk Test Pipes, and UpRev Tune, and stillen UD pulley

He put down 318 on the same dyno I put down 342.. He did a Stillen Pulley after that 318 dyno tho so give or take a few whp for him. Either way my car dynoed a decent amount higher so this makes me gitty. This was the first time he has ever been at a track in his life.
Was that on street tires? 2.0xx 60' is nice if so.

What mods did you have when you put down 342? I just want to do a stare and compare.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 PM
ChuckD05

He is on street tires but he got them mounted the day before the track. He went with Hankook ventus Evo v12s. And again he has a heavy system and didnt pull a thing out to save weght and his is a touring sport so its the heaviest of the Zs.

His Mods : Injen CAI, Berk TP, Greddy Exhaust, UpRev Tune, and Stillen pulley - 318 before pulley
Mine : Stillen g3 intakes, Berk TP, Stillen Exhaust, UpRev Tune, and stillen pulley - 342 with tune and all mods

dynoed two different days about a month or so apart, so there could be variables that effected the numbers but who knows.

The dyno we went on is known to read a bit high but we each dynoed on the same dyno. So im anxious but these auto's all seem to pump out better times at the track so Im going to temper my expectations even with the slicks but I wouldnt be a suprise to me if I pull a 12.8-9 if i can get my 60 to a 1.8.

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-30-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 PM
bluz370

13.088 @ 106.69

I was supposed to go with him but an emergency came up and couldnt. I am 6m he is AT .

As of now I will be going to Atco on Tuesday ... Ill report back than with a good time for the manual 370zs out there!

If he does gears and gets some radials he will be in the 12's .. Also i must note that he has a full system installed with 2 12s with his spare still in with full interior. On a touring model as well that weighs a few lbs more. Also has a lambo door kit which prob adds weight so his time to me is very good with all things considered..
uhhhh really? I would LOVE to see some pics of that.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He is on street tires but he got them mounted the day before the track. He went with Hankook ventus Evo v12s. And again he has a heavy system and didnt pull a thing out to save weght and his is a touring sport so its the heaviest of the Zs.

His Mods : Injen CAI, Berk TP, Greddy Exhaust, UpRev Tune, and Stillen pulley - 318 before pulley
Mine : Stillen g3 intakes, Berk TP, Stillen Exhaust, UpRev Tune, and stillen pulley - 342 with tune and all mods

dynoed two different days about a month or so apart, so there could be variables that effected the numbers but who knows.

The dyno we went on is known to read a bit high but we each dynoed on the same dyno. So im anxious but these auto's all seem to pump out better times at the track so Im going to temper my expectations even with the slicks but I wouldnt be a suprise to me if I pull a 12.8-9 if i can get my 60 to a 1.8.
A pulley is not going to be that much of a difference, just a couple of whp likely. Either one of you got a way better tune, or the dyno settings were totally whacked the day one of you went. Either way, you have similar mods and should pull similar numbers, not a difference of 25whp.

However, that is why I put faith in no one dyno or no one set of numbers. As long as the car runs good and strong, I'm happy for ya.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

13.088 @ 106.69

"My buddy" posts are not allowed.

Where is your car?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by Red370
and one more thing before I get back to work, that slip and those recorded races were with an open diff, peg legging out the launch, I now have a carbonetic 1.5 way LSD installed, my launch is going to be the stuff of legends.
Thats what I want to see. A can do attitude!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
ChuckD05

Originally Posted by davidv
"My buddy" posts are not allowed.

Where is your car?

collecting pollen, dust, and bird droppings until tuesday when I get out to atco
Old 04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Tedisky

Take everything the OP types with a grain of salt.....
Old 04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
davidv

collecting pollen, dust, and bird droppings until tuesday when I get out to atco
LOL. I believe I meant to type "Where is your time slip?"
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 PM
BaTMan_4

13.088 @ 106.69

nice, damn autos though. can't wait to go back and start improving my time.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
BladeZ34

That is a great time. Noob question does an upgraded LSD really make a difference in 1/4 times? I was under the impression that its more for road courses.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BladeZ34
That is a great time. Noob question does an upgraded LSD really make a difference in 1/4 times? I was under the impression that its more for road courses.
on the launch, very much so.

Quick Reply: What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..