Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The Forum Wars: Season 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i think Vo needs some more GT5 seat time....
+1.
Originally Posted by pmab9918

Originally Posted by DB350
wtf is up with the surplus of keyboard warriors? i'm sure if you guys are all so badass that there's plenty of members in your areas willing to step up and see how much better of drivers you all are, as well as how much faster your cars are. easy to come talk sh*t but it's another to back it up.

good sheet vo, these comments better be water off a ducks back

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
This is something I can almost agree upon. Still, the rest you have to say is pretty insulting. Read my last post in this thread. Next time, if you think you're up to it, why don't you rep us. Perhaps the issue isnt with who attempts to get on the show, but with how they choose the participants.

This thread is close to being closed. The person everyone here is slamming is a mod. A very thick skinned one at that, but you and others are towing the line with the insults. Calm it down.
Extremely thick. Thanks for having my back broski.

Originally Posted by D98GT
I really wish they would have posted our best runs for each event. Val didn't run 16s but on one junk pass that he pretty much redlighted/bogged on. All of his other runs were ATLEAST 2 seconds quicker; he was portrayed to be horrible at it but he really wasn't. I ran a 12.22 in the 1/4 that didn't get posted (I was proud of that! haha) as well as a 7.7 in the slalom

It isn't Royal Purple that is at fault with the lack of times being posted; it was the production company. Royal Purple just happened to be the sponsor of the event and seem to be catching the bad rap for it.
Well said Van. I agree with you on everything.

Have you taken time to even read the thread and posts after the event? This has been discussed multiple times.
+1. I've always been a firm believer of reading the entire thread before speaking out. Otherwise, one is subject to making an azz out of themselves.

I'm not sure what the track being my hometown track has to do with the 2 events that I had never done (slalom/autocross). Honestly I can say I KNEW 100% that I had the drag portion in the bag as I had ran a 11.88 just a few weeks prior to the event when launching HARD on some slicks....but the other two events scared me and the times ended up being close!
It didn't have anything to do with it. You came out, repped, and kicked butt man.

I am always game to hang out with some other car enthusiasts and spend some time at a track. I would like to take another shot at autocross as it was a thrill.

I know we have a few Houston area guys on Stangnet that I am sure wouldn't mind meeting up as well. I know that Winters97gt is interested in running Old School once he gets that turbo Z worked out; can't wait to see that happen if it goes down.
Originally Posted by bigcloud
I'm always down to hang as well. I think it can be a friendly gentlemanly rival between our forums. As long as see keep immature people from tainting the rivalry.
Spoken like true gentlemen.

Originally Posted by trodis
Trodis...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
pcressey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
wow im pissed that you guys picked a show car to represent the forum! i push my car harder driving to starbucks.
"i babied it" why!? shouldve never signed up to embarrass all 350z owners and there supposed hot cars. my silverado runs a 15.5 quarter. and ive driven new mustangs, it is impossible to lose a slolum race to one in a 350z, the car is 3 feet longer 800lbs heavier with a solid rear.
holy crap please do not go to a race to rep an entire car and its forum if youve never been in a race in your life! what a poser why did this guy think he should be there over someoe else.
if we dont have someone that has tracked their car to race then we dont have anyone to race. PERIOD. asshats go on national television and falsly make the z look that bad should be slapped. MHO im sure anyone that doesnt drive their z like a ***** thinks the same.

next time, royal purple, pick someone that has posted quarter mile times, AND some track experience come on. a base 2003 350z non nismo against a non base (v6) 2012 GT at the guys local track yeah thats fair. shows how good your company is if you cant pay one of the thousands of 370z owners to play.
your events could do really well if you didnt F them up everytime. EVEN cars.

And here we go... fasten your seatbelts...

SOURCE: Questions on recently purchased 350z. *pics* by J 0 K 3 R on 5/21/2011 (New Owner Forum)

whatsup guys, been lurking here for a while. this is the best 350z forum ive found out of many.
I have some new owner questions about my 06 350z 6mt 44k miles. so here it go's.

First do i have traction control? or vdc? cruise control? (some pics of my interior below.)

Do i have VLDC limited slip rear? what gear ratio do i have?

Is it bad to go from 40mph in 4th push the clutch to the floor and coast down a 3 mile hill with the clutch down and still in fourth? should i put it in neutral? should i only keep the clutch pushed in momentarily or is it fully neutral when down?

why does the trans restrict me from putting the stick in the first gear position when the clutch is in from third or even second if im going over like 14mph, i plan on putting it in the first position and keeping the clutch down until i coast to under 10mph then let out the clutch. but for some reason it wont let my hand shift it to first at over 15mph. protection mechanism or something?

i heard 03-04 models are wider, true?
Automatic FAIL coming in here and slamming a veteran of the forum, let alone a mod and someone that is classy.

Wait... it gets worse...

thanks for the prompt responses guys, so with no traction control does this mean i will slide off the track/mulholland canyon if i push it? or is it faster and still safe with out it?

ok so i will need to put limited slip back in the back, what is the axle ratio? 3.73 maybe? do people change it? it seems pretty low already but everyone i know goes lower than stock if they are trying for quarter mile times. lower on mustangs and junk not sure if the z guys do this.

what about the clutch can i ride down a hill with the cluch pushed down in pretty much whatever gear as long as i am in the right gear when i let the clutch out?

dont whip out the flamethrowers on me here, but do people get these things tuned (yes like a chip, never owned a honda. i was looking at a new mustang as an option if i were to not like the z for some reason and the stangs gain 20-30 hp with a tune and cai/exhaust) some cars require a tune if you get any bolt ons, is the z the same way or totally no?
Anytime you want to hit Mulholland with me, let me know... Beverly Glen to Coldwater... I will keep my eye out for you in the valley now that i know what your car looks like...

That is enough from me... I think we all get the point... you would have looked like a huge tool out there... so don't come flame someone for their efforts when we all know for a fact you could not do any better.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
forced_04

NOooooooooooOOOoooo!

Great effort Vo, but man are we effed.

I will not hear the end of this for sometime now.

Time for me to bust out the flame suit man
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by pcressey
Laid the smack down...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by vo7848

Spoken like true gentlemen.

Thanks VO.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by pcressey

SOURCE: Questions on recently purchased 350z. *pics* by J 0 K 3 R on 5/21/2011 (New Owner Forum)

Automatic FAIL coming in here and slamming a veteran of the forum, let alone a mod and someone that is classy.

Wait... it gets worse...

Anytime you want to hit Mulholland with me, let me know... Beverly Glen to Coldwater... I will keep my eye out for you in the valley now that i know what your car looks like...

That is enough from me... I think we all get the point... you would have looked like a huge tool out there... so don't come flame someone for their efforts when we all know for a fact you could not do any better.

Fuckin lulz.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM
VO...
Administrator

I guess I should've drag raced like the pros....Hit 40mph in 4th, then coasted to the finish line with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 PM
350junkie

I like this pcressey guy now....

Laid out some borderline epic truth.

And VO everyone knows that you don't coast on the 1/4 mile. You're supposed to put it in "D" for Drag! The Autocross you should of put it in R for Race and the slalom needed 1 for 1st place!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt have entered myself knowing that i am not very familiar with the car or racing it, YET. so i just flamed the driver of the z because he shouldnt have entered either, knowing he was going to "baby it". It was a bad representation of the z's performance.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Spider Monkey

i wouldnt have entered myself knowing that i am not very familiar with the car or racing it, YET. so i just flamed the driver of the z because he shouldnt have entered either, knowing he was going to "baby it". It was a bad representation of the z's performance.
Bro, are you retarded or something?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey

Old 05-26-2011, 10:36 AM
winters98gt

Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Oh man... this post made me
Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 PM
VO...
Administrator

The lulz have been brought...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

lol @ pcressey putting his bawls in jok3rs mouf. Nice one.

The driver is in this thread and his mouse is hovering over the ban button. I'd call it a day before you end up with 2 pairs of BIYM.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You wouldn't enter yourself because your car's slow and you're not a great driver. Val is respectable, and so is his car. There is nothing at stake in these competitions, so I don't see why you're criticizing a veteran of this community that stepped up.

Last edited by Spork; 05-29-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 PM
bardabe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TROLOLOLOLOLOL why is this still going on?