Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

Would you accept a GT-R as a gift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 AM
spinviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will trade every thing in my life just to be GTR owner.

Here my story

I tried to ask my dad so many timesssss, about my GTR but he cant afford it.
So i decide to come to USA finish my Master.
The reason I came all the way to USA to finish my MBA marketing is I want a sport car so badly. It impossible to buy 147500 USD 350Z in Thailand, Nissan GTR 250,000 USD ........

After I came here for a months, I got a job in small Thai restaurant as a poor busboy. I work hard all the times, plus I have to study MBA. It not easy at all !!!
Yes, as an International student in USA. I do not have any right to work !!!. It totally illegal, and they pay me 5 bucks per hour. Way less than other people who have working permit.
I saved all my money, not hang out anywhere, buy used cloths from thief store, I share Thai people home and it 450/month, I dont go eat out anywhere I packed the left over food from restaurant and eat those **** every day.

Sometime I ask myself why I have to do all of this, while other people just ask for money by what ever they want ?
When I saw other spoiled kids drive a fancy cars, I hates it and say to myself it not they cars. That is daddy car, they just a rich lucky kids who never work for they own car.
Man.........i have a dream, it skyline !!!!!
That a bad_ass name man !!!
" skyline is way to far to be reach, even I get closer it......... getting away
I been doing all this over a year and finally I can buy my OWN 350Z."

Someday in the future i promised myself I will be Skyline GTR owner, Next 5 years, 10 years, 50 years. I wont let me dream get away.

I DO PROUD OF EVERY MIN I DROVE MY 350Z !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ^...

nice.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Jes-Z

Not sure if it's been said, but 4 years from now, when you graduate. You probably will want something else. GT-R might be old news by then.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 PM
GSX-R350Z

Originally Posted by spinviper

Here my story

The reason I came all the way to USA to finish my MBA marketing is I want a sport car so badly. It impossible to buy 147500 USD 350Z in Thailand, Nissan GTR 250,000 USD ........

After I came here for a months, I got a job in small Thai restaurant as a poor busboy. I work hard all the times, plus I have to study MBA. It not easy at all !!!
Yes, as an International student in USA. I do not have any right to work !!!. It totally illegal, and they pay me 5 bucks per hour. Way less than other people who have working permit.
I saved all my money, not hang out anywhere, buy used cloths from thief store, I share Thai people home and it 450/month, I dont go eat out anywhere I packed the left over food from restaurant and eat those **** every day.

Sometime I ask myself why I have to do all of this, while other people just ask for money by what ever they want ?
When I saw other spoiled kids drive a fancy cars, I hates it and say to myself it not they cars. That is daddy car, they just a rich lucky kids who never work for they own car.

Someday in the future i promised myself I will be Skyline GTR owner, Next 5 years, 10 years, 50 years. I wont let me dream get away.

Good job bro. I'm happy for you ^^
Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
cbeneke

I'd say it depends on how much the parents make. If they're gonna take out a second mortgage on the home to pay for it, id feel guilty. If they were Bill and Melinda Gates I would feel considerably less guilty.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here my story

I'm pretty sure that regardless of your citizenship status that even if you are working you still have to be payed minimum wage... Unless you are not paying taxes, than it would be understandable. I may be wrong but as long as you are paying your taxes you should not only be getting $5/hr. Anyways, I wish I had the drive and motivation you had, shows a very strong will, right there!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
itgogitrev

Step 1: Take $80k

Step 2: Spend $7k on beater

Step 3: Throw rest in savings account.

Step 4: Open Roth IRA account.

Step 5: Transfer maximum amount of money each year to Roth IRA.

Step 6: Collect underpants.

Step 7: ???

Step 8: Profit.

Joking aside, follow steps 1-5 and you'll thank me in 10 years.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:17 PM
urbanchaos

Originally Posted by cbeneke
I'd say it depends on how much the parents make. If they're gonna take out a second mortgage on the home to pay for it, id feel guilty. If they were Bill and Melinda Gates I would feel considerably less guilty.
Same here if they have the money to just go out and get a GTR then I would think they would be rich. They probably got a few lambos and ferraris sitting in the garage next to the bentleys. I wouldnt feel guilty. Now if they are broke and going to have to sell thier home to buy it no I wouldnt take it.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Greg06

No I wouldn't take it.

Why?

1. You'll appreciate it more if you got it yourself. (Also think of it this way. A GTR is pretty damn affordable compared to most other cars of its type)

2. Your parents may respect you more. Responsible kid always = proud parents. (well most parents anyway )
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 AM
ekim81

Originally Posted by brucex
Even if does HOPE pay for tuition, you have to pay for residence if you plan on living on campus ($3000 for apartment, $2300 for suite), you'll probably also be eating at the dining hall (woodruff is better $1000), and if you buy books at the bookstore that's about $500. so it's about $4500 each semester :O even with hope scholarship.
good luck keeping your HOPE scholarship at tech.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Jes-Z

Here my story

Where can I shop at a thief store? I sure they have mad discounts!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
kaos1

Originally Posted by Jes-Z
Where can I shop at a thief store? I sure they have mad discounts!
Lol, I think he meant regular stores, and he turned it into a thief store....

mad cheap!