Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Gunit35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTR SpecV unveiled

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/07/n...pecv-unveiled/
PRESS RELEASE

Nissan Announces New GT-R SpecV Model

TOKYO (Jan. 8, 2009) -- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced a new limited-production Nissan GT-R SpecV model, which goes on sale at seven specially selected Nissan dealers throughout Japan on February 2, 2009. The GT-R SpecV is targeted specifically at enthusiast drivers who desire race car-level performance in a street-legal vehicle.
NISSAN GT-R SpecV

NISSAN GT-R SpecV

Developed around the multi-dimensional Nissan GT-R sports car, which was introduced just more than one year ago to universal global acclaim, the new SpecV model builds on the original's "ultimate supercar that anyone can enjoy driving anywhere, at anytime" philosophy - taking it to an entirely new level of "oneness between man and machine." The SpecV model includes unique body, interior and performance equipment and modifications, raising the GT-R's unmatched performance to even higher levels.

The GT-R SpecV's new exterior features include a carbon fiber rear spoiler, a carbon fiber grille, and carbon fiber brake ducts. The SpecV is available exclusively in Ultimate Black Opal (RP) body color. Inside, the SpecV's unique two-seat interior (non-SpecV GT-R models also include a two-place rear seat) offers special Recaro carbon fiber bucket seats, while carbon fiber insets embellish the rear center storage box, instrument panel and other trim areas.

Performance is enhanced with a new high gear boost control device, which momentarily increases boost of the engine's twin turbochargers for greater torque in the intermediate-to-high speed ranges to provide a more powerful feeling of acceleration, while also allowing the engine to operate at a lower speed for improved fuel economy. Other modifications include a titanium-coated exhaust system and carbon-ceramic brakes that provide powerful stopping performance.

The GT-R SpecV is also equipped with lightweight, racing-style forged aluminum wheels that were developed for this model and have been sold by Nissan Motorsports International (NISMO) since September 2008. The lighter unsprung weight provided by the new wheels, together with the enhanced braking capability, an exclusive suspension and high-grip tires, combine to deliver the SpecV's exceptional performance.

The SpecV will be sold at the following seven dealer outlets, each of which is staffed by mechanics with special GT-R SpecV training and who are knowledgeable of racing circuit driving.

Dealer outlets selling the SpecV
Ibaraki Nissan Sales Co., Ltd. Mito Sennami Outlet
Nissan Prince Tokyo Sales Co., Ltd. Kamedo Outlet
Nissan Prince Nagoya Sales Co., Ltd. Fukiage Outlet
Nissan Prince Osaka Sales Co., Ltd. Horie Kawaguchi Outlet
Nissan Prince Hyogo Sales Co., Ltd. Nada Outlet
Nissan Prince Kagawa Sales Co., Ltd. Takamatsu Outlet
Yamaguchi Nissan Sales Co., Ltd. Ogori Interchange Outlet

Suggested nationwide retail price (including consumption tax) 15,750,000 yen
Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Gunit35

I dunno... seems kinda weak for the specV version of the GTR. Also, if you look at the interior pics, the aesthetics of the backseat area where the seats used to be seems pretty halfassed
Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

double the cost for barely any more performance? no thanks

Nissan fails
Old 01-08-2009, 04:19 AM
bigdan727

I believe that IF this car makes it to the states there will be minor changes to the interior. Im not a fan of the wheels but this is definatly a function over form car. Not built to be nice and comfy.
Have any of you looked inside a F-Model ferrari (pretty basic and rattles like a camaro) but it goes like hell
Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 AM
slow poke

Overpriced upgrade, and a let down to the spec-v gtr name IMO. I'll take 2
Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering how the performance is over the base... but I know the price increase won't be worth it whatever the upgrade may be...
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM
optionfans

is it gonna be sold in NA too?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Gunit35

Here's an update from autoblog:

To begin with, Nissan maintains that the GT-R SpecV is aimed at the discerning enthusiast, the same kind of buyer that would pass up the Porsche 911 GT3 for the RS variant. For $170,000, that's a very select group of consumers, but we doubt Nissan will have much difficulty moving the 20 to 30 SpecVs it'll be producing each month when sales begin February 8th.

Peak output remains the same, at 478 horsepower, but a switch on the right of the steering wheel (shared with the cruise control) activates an electronic circuit to boost mid-range torque by 15 lb-ft (up to 449 lb-ft). A green light illuminates on the dash when the overboost function is enabled, giving drivers 80 seconds to perform any overtaking maneuvers, and then defaulting back to the standard setting.

The SpecV's carbon ceramic brakes were developed in conjunction with Brembo and are painted silver to differentiate the upgraded stoppers from the standard GT-R. Although the six-piston (front) caliper size remains the same, the discs have been upgraded to 390mm (15.35 inches) and fitted with SpecV specific brake pads. Nissan claims a weight savings of 11 pounds per corner and –2.0 Gs worth of stopping power, but the system comes at a cost: $45,000.

The 20-inch RAYS forged aluminum wheels – the same units offered on the NISMO Clubsports GT-R -- also contribute to the overall weight savings, which comes in 132 pounds lighter than the standard model at 3,704 pounds. As mentioned in our previous post, Nissan replaced several components with lightweight carbon fiber, including the seats, interior trim (even the seat-back adjuster), grille and brake ducts, along with the trick dry carbon fiber rear wing (coated in clear matte paint) that increases downforce. The Bilsteins have been retuned to be more responsive on the racetrack and the engine cover has been replaced with a SpecV-only piece. The standard GT-R hues are available, but if you want to stand out, the Ultimate Opal Black paint job will set you back an additional $6,100.

Nissan hasn't released 0-60, 0-100 or quarter mile times yet, but we expect some official figures in the coming weeks. And as for a Nurburgring time... just you wait.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/08/n...ges-and-video/

lol. so the only power increase is a 15 lb/ft increase and only for 80 secs???
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
350zna

its just like the 911 turbos overboost feature
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Gunit35

Originally Posted by 350zna
its just like the 911 turbos overboost feature
that's true, but with the porsche, it gives it an extra 45 or so lb/ft. this is only 15lb/ft. i'm curious how much this improves the GTR's times.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man the wheels look cheap! I going to be honest I thought Nismo would come up with something better than black w/ chrome lip..

I DESPISE BLACK AND CHROME LIPS DAMN IT!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
UnitedBreaks

Wheels look so cheap but damn the paint looks amazing!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Man the wheels look cheap! I going to be honest I thought Nismo would come up with something better than black w/ chrome lip..

I DESPISE BLACK AND CHROME LIPS DAMN IT!
thank god someone else does too.

the brakes alone are a massive cost. then all the CF... I mean, you obviously see where the money went. just hope that it equals out to amazing performance.

oh and OP FAILS for not posting pictures within the thread.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 AM
bigu

More wallpapers updated now! Nissan GT-R Wallpaper

Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 AM
300zx1985

Not feeling the wheels. Love the carbon fiber accents throughout the car though.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those wheels are terrible.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

The Black Opal color is phenomenal!!!!

Who keeps stock wheels???

Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
300zx1985

Reminds me of the midnight pearl purple looking paint they used on the R34
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM
StoneZtech

$45K for Brakes!!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM
zosomoso

This car has very quickly grown away from me. the more i see and hear about the car the less i like it, and now this... i was really hoping for nissan to pull through with the v-spec and boy am i not impressed at all. the wheels, my goodness... i dont think an autistic three year old could have contrived an uglier design. The 45k Carbon ceramic brakes are not even necessary (considering the starndard gtr already has one of the most impressive stopping distances on the market). if only they had spent that 45k elsewhere...

They have really half-assed every aspect about improving this car. 132lbs! are u kidding me! and dont even compare this with the scuderia and GT3 RS in terms of rawness. those cars are completely stripped of padding and leather (replaced with suede, aluminum, and carbon fiber). almost everything in the interior remains intact with the original model, they could have saved much, much more weight if they wanted to.

does nissan really expect anyone to fork over 170k for this car? im sorry but you have to be freakin retarded to even consider it. i just dont see one benefit you would receive over simply modding the the standard model gtr at 85k.

Last edited by zosomoso; 01-10-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: GTR SpecV unveiled