Originally Posted by dieselmcore
lol! whys that !
You live in HEAVEN stop bitchin!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
dieselmcore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol thanks i guess...

its quite a nice place

HENCE THE EXPECTATION TO BE TREATED LIKE UR IN HEAVEN ! !
Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a difficult situation for sure but with our love a support I think you will make it.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:53 AM
dieselmcore

Originally Posted by davidv
Its a difficult situation for sure but with our love a support I think you will make it.
thanks david, i dont know how i can live without u guys...

ur the oil plant that funds my dreams...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have plugged the tire and never said a single thing about it.

Next time you get BS from a dealership about voiding your warranty, ask them how the tires are related to the rest of the car, how not changing all 4 tires would cause your engine to leak oil or burn oil, how is it related?

Dealerships will pump you full of BS, when I bought my 2007 GSX-R1000 I was told if I didn't take my bike back to them for their $250-350 500 mile oil change/check up, then my warranty would be voided.

I laughed at them told them they were full of it, put it in writing......

I believe by the books, they are correct in not wanting to patch a 180+mph tire, however, 4 years ago I patched one of my Toyos in the rear of my 350Z to this day it hasn't leaked at all.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
UMW350Z

your car will do close to 200 mph...do you REALLY want to take a chance with the ONLY thing that keeps you planted on the road?? one tire or a blowout doing 200 mph

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...on&hl=en&emb=0

There you go, it'll be something like that. You ALWAYS err on the side of caution with tires with an extreme car like the GTR and you have to have your tires capable of the limits of the car at all times. The higher the performance, the more absolutely critical the tires are.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I would have plugged the tire and never said a single thing about it.

Next time you get BS from a dealership about voiding your warranty, ask them how the tires are related to the rest of the car, how not changing all 4 tires would cause your engine to leak oil or burn oil, how is it related?

Dealerships will pump you full of BS, when I bought my 2007 GSX-R1000 I was told if I didn't take my bike back to them for their $250-350 500 mile oil change/check up, then my warranty would be voided.

I laughed at them told them they were full of it, put it in writing......

I believe by the books, they are correct in not wanting to patch a 180+mph tire, however, 4 years ago I patched one of my Toyos in the rear of my 350Z to this day it hasn't leaked at all.
the tires on an AWD vehicle are critical much more than a 2wd. You can easy ruin a transfer case with mixmatched tires or even tires at more than 6/32nds of difference. I've seen it many times at NTB...a loud whining from the transfer case, mixmatched tires or simply a big difference in tread depth of the exact same tire. If his transfer case goes and it is a result of the tire choice, the tire installer is responisble for the damage...in this case well over $15g's.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Last edited by UMW350Z; 03-28-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
your car will do close to 200 mph...do you REALLY want to take a chance with the ONLY thing that keeps you planted on the road?? one tire or a blowout doing 200 mph

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...on&hl=en&emb=0

There you go, it'll be something like that. You ALWAYS err on the side of caution with tires with an extreme car like the GTR and you have to have your tires capable of the limits of the car at all times. The higher the performance, the more absolutely critical the tires are.
A better question is, is he going to drive his car over 150 and if so how often?

Besides, I've never heard of a plug or patch causing a major blow out, when the patch fails the tire leaks air... slowly...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 PM
jeffie7

the tires on an AWD vehicle are critical much more than a 2wd. You can easy ruin a transfer case with mixmatched tires or even tires at more than 6/32nds of difference. I've seen it many times at NTB...a loud whining from the transfer case, mixmatched tires or simply a big difference in tread depth.
So you feel that all 4 tires with only 2000 miles have to be changed together all at the same time?

I can understand having a 20K mile tire on the right rear and a brand new tire on the left rear.

I HIGHLY doubt a 2K mile tire and a new tire would show that much difference in wear/size
Old 03-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a patched advan sport. after 2 days on a track and 5k miles it is still good. ( a little thrashed, but good )

so... if you knew a REALLY good PERFORMANCE tire shop you would pay $50.

you got owned by the dealer.

and the worst part is that they are actually correct about replacing all 4 tires ( to a degree )... not the patch.

seriously, how would a small patch compromise the tire ? you drove with a nail in it.....

Last edited by Tac-M; 03-28-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:48 PM
UMW350Z

So you feel that all 4 tires with only 2000 miles have to be changed together all at the same time?

I can understand having a 20K mile tire on the right rear and a brand new tire on the left rear.

I HIGHLY doubt a 2K mile tire and a new tire would show that much difference in wear/size
Without seeing the condition of the tires and taking tread depth measurement, I can't say either way. I've seen tires roasted in under 3,000 miles and I believe this guy tracks his car. You would think the tires would have plenty of life left, and if they did, then one tire replacement is perfectly fine. The US RMA recognizes patch-plugs as acceptable and safe to repair a tire, however, you are still drilling through the tire to put it in. I don't use condoms with small holes in them

It is wrong if the dealer did indeed try and scare him into buying the other tires if he truely did not need them

Last edited by UMW350Z; 03-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets trade for titles then..... TT 350z Modded out, for Stock GTR.....
Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
jeffie7

Without seeing the condition of the tires and taking tread depth measurement, I can't say either way. I've seen tires roasted in under 3,000 miles and I believe this guy tracks his car. You would think the tires would have plenty of life left, and if they did, then one tire replacement is perfectly fine. The US RMA recognizes patch-plugs as acceptable and safe to repair a tire, however, you are still drilling through the tire to put it in. I don't use condoms with small holes in them

It is wrong if the dealer did indeed try and scare him into buying the other tires if he truely did not need them
If he has track days on his car then yes I agree with you.
I do think that most normal GTR owners spent about 700-800 miles of super easy driving to break in the motor then after that have drove like normal the rest of the way.

As to plugs.... There's A LOT of people on the motorcycle forums who plug their supersport motorcycle tires.

If they can do it (trust me a blow out on a bike is much worse then in a car) then there's no reason why he can't do it.

Some people are weird with plugs, I'm not sure why, again, when a plug fails you get a slow leak. Blow outs happen from a bad tire, old tire, or from hitting something hard enough. His tire pressure sensor would easily pick up on a plug failure. Come to think of it I don't know of a single case with any of my friends were a tire plug has failed. I've seen people try to plug holes that can't be plugged (cuts) those leak, but that's not what a plug is designed for.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:22 PM
UMW350Z

A better question is, is he going to drive his car over 150 and if so how often?

Besides, I've never heard of a plug or patch causing a major blow out, when the patch fails the tire leaks air... slowly...
There are times I ask my Versa to handle or brake at its limits....I don't mean to but these effing roads up here suck and the drivers are such idiots that it sneaks up on you. When you need the car to work at it's limits, it better do it and have the right equipment for the task. I plugged very few high performance tires and ZERO tires that were going to be strictly used for racing. If the car is being tracked, do you really need another safety x factor? Sure it might hold up, but there is always a chance....it is smarter to use unpunctured tires for racing
Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM
UMW350Z

If he has track days on his car then yes I agree with you.
I do think that most normal GTR owners spent about 700-800 miles of super easy driving to break in the motor then after that have drove like normal the rest of the way.

As to plugs.... There's A LOT of people on the motorcycle forums who plug their supersport motorcycle tires.

If they can do it (trust me a blow out on a bike is much worse then in a car) then there's no reason why he can't do it.

Some people are weird with plugs, I'm not sure why, again, when a plug fails you get a slow leak. Blow outs happen from a bad tire, old tire, or from hitting something hard enough. His tire pressure sensor would easily pick up on a plug failure. Come to think of it I don't know of a single case with any of my friends were a tire plug has failed. I've seen people try to plug holes that can't be plugged (cuts) those leak, but that's not what a plug is designed for.
I have to look up the technology for those plugs...if a hole in the in shoulder or sidewall of a car tire, it is a safety hazard because of the higher heat and stress loads in that section of the tire plus the flexing pops off the patch portion inside the tire....I'm curious how the motorcyles tires get around the flexing/excessive heat issues
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
dieselmcore

whoa whoa, i leave for like 30 mins and all this erupts :P

thanks for the feedback guys...

edit: the car has been driven hard, but not tracked...

Last edited by dieselmcore; 03-28-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
AllStock

im still trying to figure out why you'd take your GTR to the stealership because you had a nail in your tire. are you some kind of stupid?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
dieselmcore

Originally Posted by AllStock
im still trying to figure out why you'd take your GTR to the stealership because you had a nail in your tire. are you some kind of stupid?
what the facks this retards problem?

fack off and play some where else boy...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ nah ... he is just pissed that it's been raining here for like a week now...
Old 03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
dieselmcore

Originally Posted by Tac-M
^ nah ... he is just pissed that it's been raining here for like a week now...

Quick Reply: Being A GT-R Owner Sux A$S Sometimes!