Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Homeless Z's

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:44 PM
BIGDAWG75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homeless Z's

ultra yellow touring roadster 5spd. a/t due in 3rd week of December. Will need a good home. If interested contact Mike Moore at www.kinstonnissan.com also have red, white and silverstone ZR's due in also.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:02 PM
KingofScion

will you sell it @ invoice?
Old 12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
FLZ

Real cute Sales guy, but good luck to you anyway, Dave......p.s. I imagine the new Yellows will soar right out the doors.......
Old 12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
BIGDAWG75

Originally posted by FLZ
Real cute Sales guy, but good luck to you anyway, Dave......p.s. I imagine the new Yellows will soar right out the doors.......

Thank you, i absolutely enjoy putting people with these beauties. Nissan builds an awesome line of products! My baby looks like yours, but she has a black top that is usually down. I've sold over 40 Z's, at least a third of the DB. It's an awesome color.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:00 PM
BIGDAWG75

Originally posted by KingofScion
will you sell it @ invoice?

R-I-G-H-T, more like MSRP, most dealers in my area are getting 2-3k over. I don't imagine you sell many Scion's at invoice. This car is HOT!
She will be here in a couple weeks and just needs a place to call home, she won't sit long.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:56 PM
crazygideon

Originally posted by BIGDAWG75
R-I-G-H-T, more like MSRP, most dealers in my area are getting 2-3k over. I don't imagine you sell many Scion's at invoice. This car is HOT!
She will be here in a couple weeks and just needs a place to call home, she won't sit long.
I'd agree with you if this was 2003, when the roadster was rarity. I'm not sure how the market in your area of the country is, but even MSRP is too much to pay for a Z elsewhere. Striving for invoice for a ZR isnt uncommon. There are many people getting $500 over invoice or less on this board. Your arguement of 2-3k over MSRP sounds like typical dealer BS. I'm sure you can make a sale at MSRP, but this is the wrong place to advertise. Board members are smart enough not to pay anywhere near sticker, given the circumstances that everyone else here getting much better deals.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Thank you, i absolutely enjoy putting people with these beauties. Nissan builds an awesome line of products! My baby looks like yours, but she has a black top that is usually down. I've sold over 40 Z's, at least a third of the DB. It's an awesome color.

You have a black top on a DB? Hows that look?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Built2shredZ

Got my from Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. Paid $1700 under MRSP, had to wait 3 months for it come in tho... Hard to find the Orange/Black Net seats..

I dont blame dealers for wanting to get as much as possible for a car, after all it is a bussiness. But I can't stand it when they try to pressure you by lying. Like telling you this is the last roadster they will have in for 6 months, when the truth is there getting a new shipment in next week.... Or what happen to me when I was looking, I found the roadster I wanted on Nissan Web Page and called the dealership which was like 1 1/2 hrs away, and he said ya we got that car, come down and will talk, so I drove down there to find out they presold the car like 2 weeks ago, and hewa s like sorry about that, but I got this nice Silver one here you can buy right now, I was so pissed he lied to me to get me down there...... To me thats crossing the line when they use tactics like that..

In my area I found that almost all the small dealerships will not sell below MRSP.... Where as the Big Dealerships are willing to knock off anywhere from $1000 - $2000 off MRSP

I know the med. size dealership thats local to me would not sell below MRSP even tho he had 8 roadsters sitting on the lot. I drove 2 hours to oceanside and they had all there roadsters reduced by $1700 below MRSP.... I tried to see if they would drop the price anymore (just for the heck of it) and they said nope... so I figured not a bad deal to get what I want..
Old 12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
BIGDAWG75

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
You have a black top on a DB? Hows that look?

I think she's hot. I love my car!!
Old 12-24-2004, 06:21 PM
350zRoadster04

Universal Nissan in Orlando, FL posts a discounted "no-haggle" price on the window next to the sticker and usually has 3 ZR's on the lot at all times. There is a lot of competition out there. I'm surprised that there are dealers still getting anything over MSRP.

Originally posted by crazygideon
I'd agree with you if this was 2003, when the roadster was rarity. I'm not sure how the market in your area of the country is, but even MSRP is too much to pay for a Z elsewhere. Striving for invoice for a ZR isnt uncommon. There are many people getting $500 over invoice or less on this board. Your arguement of 2-3k over MSRP sounds like typical dealer BS. I'm sure you can make a sale at MSRP, but this is the wrong place to advertise. Board members are smart enough not to pay anywhere near sticker, given the circumstances that everyone else here getting much better deals.

Last edited by 350zRoadster04; 12-24-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 AM
IBMBROKER

Originally posted by 350zRoadster04
Universal Nissan in Orlando, FL posts a discounted "no-haggle" price on the window next to the sticker and usually has 3 ZR's on the lot at all times. There is a lot of competition out there. I'm surprised that there are dealers still getting anything over MSRP.
I am in Orlando and will be looking for a 350ZR this week. What is the average "no haggle" discount? Is there any difference between an '04 and '05 touring models? Any incentive to buy a 2004?
Old 12-27-2004, 03:35 PM
BIGDAWG75

Default Z ROADSTER

Originally posted by IBMBROKER
I am in Orlando and will be looking for a 350ZR this week. What is the average "no haggle" discount? Is there any difference between an '04 and '05 touring models? Any incentive to buy a 2004?

Hello, i'm the guy who owns a roadster and is getting trashed for trying to sell them for a profit! I thought i would offer you some info, i can't be of any help to you in this instance, however i assume by your screen name you work for IBM, who has a vehicle purchase program association with Nissan dealers. This gives you an opportunity to buy at a discounted price from a dealers in stock inventory if they choose to participate. I hope this helps you. We are all bad guys for trying to actually make a profit, i don't set price Nissan suggests the retail price, it's my job to try to get it if i can. I wish you luck!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:20 AM
IBMBROKER

Default Re: Z ROADSTER

Hello, i'm the guy who owns a roadster and is getting trashed for trying to sell them for a profit! I thought i would offer you some info, i can't be of any help to you in this instance, however i assume by your screen name you work for IBM, who has a vehicle purchase program association with Nissan dealers. This gives you an opportunity to buy at a discounted price from a dealers in stock inventory if they choose to participate. I hope this helps you. We are all bad guys for trying to actually make a profit, i don't set price Nissan suggests the retail price, it's my job to try to get it if i can. I wish you luck!
Hey BIGDAWG,

Although I don't work directly for IBM I will be calling Nissan today to see if my association will earn me some sort of discount. Thanks for the info!

Don't take getting trashed personally. Your job is to make a profit on cars, as buyers we don't want to make your job easy! You earn the "bad guys" rap honestly though. Yesterday a local dealer said there were no finance incentives (2% now) on 2004 350Z-R's! He was either a liar or an idiot. He finally admitted the finance deal was for those with good credit. Like mine is in the toilet he must of assumed. So now I have no respect for the guy.

I took delivery a couple of weeks ago on a 2005 Corvette, had to buy it from a dealer 1000 miles away because the local dealers were asking $5000+ over sticker! The local dealer is crying because I didn't buy local...gee I feel bad! Same dealer said NO DEALER is discounting these cars. Hey, I gave him a chance to sell me a car...ended up with a $2500 discount off list and free delivery.

We know you guys know the car market...don't give us the look of amazement when we can talk the same game! Hey sorry if this post is taking a nasty turn. I do appreciate your response.

So on to business!

Now I want to buy a 350Z-R for my wife (and me!). This could be the week. A black automatic will fill the garage nicely.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:00 AM
350zRoadster04

I don't work for Universal Nissan in Orlando...I just live nearby and stop in to see the cars on the lot every now and then. You can probably call them to get the no-haggle price over the phone.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:07 AM
IBMBROKER

I don't work for Universal Nissan in Orlando...I just live nearby and stop in to see the cars on the lot every now and then. You can probably call them to get the no-haggle price over the phone.
Called a couple local dealers yesterday and they seemed anxious to sell and were well below list on the 350Z-R. Didn't call Universal yet, sent an email though and no response. I think "No Haggle" takes the fun out of buying and they are also the furthest away from me. I recall visiting a no haggle dealer up in Sanford a couple of years ago. The car was overpriced and I have never gone back.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:06 AM
BIGDAWG75

Default Re: Re: Z ROADSTER

Hey BIGDAWG,

Although I don't work directly for IBM I will be calling Nissan today to see if my association will earn me some sort of discount. Thanks for the info!

Don't take getting trashed personally. Your job is to make a profit on cars, as buyers we don't want to make your job easy! You earn the "bad guys" rap honestly though. Yesterday a local dealer said there were no finance incentives (2% now) on 2004 350Z-R's! He was either a liar or an idiot. He finally admitted the finance deal was for those with good credit. Like mine is in the toilet he must of assumed. So now I have no respect for the guy.

I took delivery a couple of weeks ago on a 2005 Corvette, had to buy it from a dealer 1000 miles away because the local dealers were asking $5000+ over sticker! The local dealer is crying because I didn't buy local...gee I feel bad! Same dealer said NO DEALER is discounting these cars. Hey, I gave him a chance to sell me a car...ended up with a $2500 discount off list and free delivery.

We know you guys know the car market...don't give us the look of amazement when we can talk the same game! Hey sorry if this post is taking a nasty turn. I do appreciate your response.

So on to business!

Now I want to buy a 350Z-R for my wife (and me!). This could be the week. A black automatic will fill the garage nicely.

Thanks, i know some guys tell you anything you want to hear Or insult your intelligence. I have found that if you treat people with the same respect you would expect, you usually build repoire and they will send people to see you. Our business is about getting your business and striving to keep it! I was just back home in Lakeland, Fl for the holidays. I met a guy a Jenkins Nissan named Brian Keeney (863) 686-2800. I seem to remember seeing a black roadster, they had 4 or 5. I don't know their pricing, but give him a call, it's worth a shot. Tell him i referred you to him and that i was hoping that he could help you out. They are only 45 minutes away also. Good luck! Mike Moore (Kinston Nissan)
Old 12-28-2004, 07:53 AM
muscleknight

I wanted to wait to get my 350ZR but at the time I had to take into account the depreciation on my previous car. I bought mine when they first were coming out and I decided to go ahead and buy at MSRP as the longer the wait the more my previous car depreciated. I think if I would have waited I could have got like $1,000-$2,000 off MSRP as there are ZR's sitting on the local Nissan dealer's lot now. I figured it up and if I would have waited, I would have ended up financing just as much or maybe a little more even with $1,000-$2,000 off MSRP due to the depreciation of my previous car. If I was going to trade now though, I wouldn't pay MSRP. Just have to crunch numbers and consider the current situation.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:21 PM
350zRoadster04

It may be good to get the no-haggle price so that you'll have a good starting point for negotiations with the dealer closest to you.

I bought my '04 ZR from Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood, FL in September '03 and paid over sticker so that I could be the first on the block (will NEVER do that again), but I wanted the car and was tired of my IS300, so I bit.

Anyway, this seems to be a good time in the lifecycle of the ZR to buy one and get a good deal. Just be glad you're not one of the guys on the Corvette C6 forum who bought an '05 C6 for $5K over sticker last month only to find that some dealers are already selling them for $3K under sticker now.

Take your time, find the right deal and enjoy your ZR.

Called a couple local dealers yesterday and they seemed anxious to sell and were well below list on the 350Z-R. Didn't call Universal yet, sent an email though and no response. I think "No Haggle" takes the fun out of buying and they are also the furthest away from me. I recall visiting a no haggle dealer up in Sanford a couple of years ago. The car was overpriced and I have never gone back.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:58 AM
IBMBROKER

It may be good to get the no-haggle price so that you'll have a good starting point for negotiations with the dealer closest to you.

I bought my '04 ZR from Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood, FL in September '03 and paid over sticker so that I could be the first on the block (will NEVER do that again), but I wanted the car and was tired of my IS300, so I bit.

Anyway, this seems to be a good time in the lifecycle of the ZR to buy one and get a good deal. Just be glad you're not one of the guys on the Corvette C6 forum who bought an '05 C6 for $5K over sticker last month only to find that some dealers are already selling them for $3K under sticker now.

Take your time, find the right deal and enjoy your ZR.
I am one of the guys that bought (and took delivery) of a C6 last month and did a lot better than 3k UNDER sticker! You just gotta shop! The Orlando dealers were all at $5K+ over sticker and I had a hard time being cordial to them. They know the business and they have once again lost a customer.

Same with the Nissan boys....on the phone I am almost at invoice and will certainly do better once I visit a few of them in person. I also think end of month, end of year deals are out there. Thanks for your input
Old 12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
350zRoadster04

I visited Universal Nissan today and looked at some of their new "no haggle" prices on the '05s. Don't bother. They had 4 roadsters on the lot and they all had add-ons that made their prices higher than the original sticker. Most were in the $42K range! All had Meguiers wax listed at $300! ...and chrome wheels or other useless crap. The only good deal was a white '04 touring with 18" wheels at $36K, but even that's high. Forget my endorsement...they are playing games too.

I am one of the guys that bought (and took delivery) of a C6 last month and did a lot better than 3k UNDER sticker! You just gotta shop! The Orlando dealers were all at $5K+ over sticker and I had a hard time being cordial to them. They know the business and they have once again lost a customer.

Same with the Nissan boys....on the phone I am almost at invoice and will certainly do better once I visit a few of them in person. I also think end of month, end of year deals are out there. Thanks for your input