Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

"Z" front & rear emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:28 PM
jcpeyton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Z" front & rear emblems

Has anyone installed the "Z" replacement emblems, front and rear? I've seen them on ebay for about $75 and they look cool, but wonder what expertise/tools/risk to finish/ is involved in installation. Do I really need a heat gun? Will use of the heat gun risk blistering the nearby paint? Do I have to remove the hood/trunk inner liners? Just how much trouble/risk is involved, and if professional installstion is REALLY required, what does it cost? Any info/experience mucho appreciated.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:13 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used a plastic pry bar to remove the emblem. then i used a hair dryer to heat up the glue and rolled off the glue residue with my fingers.

if you like, do a search. this has been discussed in detail.

oh, btw, courtesy nissan sells those emblems also.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z/exterior.html
Old 01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
FLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear emblem has no holes under it...(On the roadster only), just be careful not to scratch the paint.....I used a hairdryer and some fishing line to remove......I don't have experience with the front one.....Dave
Old 01-14-2005, 07:52 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah, i was talking about the front emblem when i said to use the pry bar.

i tried using fishing line because that is how i removed my "350z" emblem on the back. but i didnt realize that there are 2 prongs holding on the front emblem, so the line couldnt get past the prongs. i couldnt figure out what was going on.

anyways, i taped around the emblem to protect the paint, got the fishing line around the rectangular part and pulled up just enough to get a little space between the emblem and the car body. then i stuck in a plastic pry bar and pried the emblem off. it came off pretty easy. then i heated up the glue with the blow dryer and rolled it off.

anyways, once i figured out what my snag was, it was pretty easy. i believe the coupes have those prongs on the rear emblems too, so you will probably have to do the same thing as for the front.

like flz said, there are no prongs on the rear emblems on the roadsters, so they come off easily.

oh, if you do have a roadster, it is probably a good idea to maybe mark with a sharpie or something where your original emblem is before you remove it and the glue... otherwise, you wont know where the original one was exactly. sharpies clean off with rubbing alcohol (well, i know at least if not left on for too long a time.. otherwise, i am not sure).

Last edited by ragtopz; 01-14-2005 at 07:56 PM.