rolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aztec = BAARRRFFFFF!!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:08 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by rolling
Aztec = BAARRRFFFFF!!!!!
I take it you approve of the other fine automobiles.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
boma

Get the Coupe. Half of the reason the Z looks good is because of its roofline. Look at the roof and the how the hatch sweeps back to the rear bumper!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 PM
ssk0771

From a person that use to own both, I would definitely recomend Roadster.

I had both Coupe & Roadster for about a month (Read my sig)

I was in a process of suing Nissan and I won so I bought a Roadster before I turn the coupe in.

Let tell you, I don't regret it at all.

If you ask any person who owns Roadster, they will tell you the same thing.

I was debating whether to get another Coupe or Roadster also and I end up buying Roadster.

I am realy glad I got a Roadster. I still get lots and lots of compliments on my Roadster.

The only, I mean only down side of the roadster is the space and maybe little bit of performance but as far as performance is concern, you really can't tell.

Here is the bottom line.

If you want looks, go with Roadster but if want a little better performance, go with Coupe.

Just my personal experience and thoughts.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 PM
tractng

Get a roaster. I got the coupe and wish I have bought the roaster. Thinking of trading her in a few times, but the loan will screw me.

Tony
Old 07-08-2005, 11:43 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by tractng
Get a roaster. I got the coupe and wish I have bought the roaster. Thinking of trading her in a few times, but the loan will screw me.

Tony
Umm...I thought it was a typo but since you did it twice...did you mean "roadster"? Well, now that I think of it...you can actually get roasted driving around in a convertable .

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 07-08-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:00 AM
ZBoater

Yesterday in Tampa, I was driving my ROASTER... geez it was hot!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get what you want. If you don't like mom and dad will buy you another.

OK just kidding.

I bought the coupe mainly because I didn't like the look of the roadster with the top up. I don't like skin cancer as I want to keep my nose thanks, I don't like smoke from other peoples. beaters, and finally I hate OPM (other peoples' music). Even here in sunny Southern California there just aren't that many days that it's not too hot/sunny or cold. We of course don't do rain here so that's not an issue.

I get plenty of complements and lookers on my coupe.

At least you can spell unlike most of the kids here.

Last edited by Paul350Z; 07-09-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:19 AM
rolling

Originally Posted by Paul350Z

At least you can spell unlike most of the kids here.
LOL geee, you noticed a little spelling and grammer problem too??
heheh

you'd think that almost ALL of the people on this board would have at LEAST a HS education... this isn't a poor mans car lol

as for me.. im just a crappy typer!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 AM
tractng

I did mean roadster (haha). I guess posting a thread at 3 am can mess u up!!

tony
Old 07-09-2005, 09:43 AM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, as someone whose owned a sport convertible before I have to tell you think of all the aspects of convertible ownership first (as i will never own a soft top conv again). First of all, anyone wants into your car its as easy as cutting the top. This doesnt make a loud bang like breaking a window and can be done right in front of your house while you sleep. Second that same top will wither and need to be replaced not soon but eventually. Wind noise will be more in the convertible ( witht he top up or down ). Most women hate getting their hair messed up so they usually complain when the tops down. 200 extra pounds for a less rigid car means getting smoked by more cars ie your car is slower for alot more money too. Your car will depriciate much faster than the coupe since people will hold it with equal value (or lesser value depending on where you are/ season) to the other, less expensive models.Oh yes and this may not be a big deal on the Z as i havent seen the sealing technology it uses but ALL tops leak at some point. If your ok with that then by all means get the roadster. I loved mine but the negatives i learned made me sell that thing quicker than i wanted too.

Last edited by gatti-man; 07-09-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:44 AM
visionboy

Originally Posted by gatti-man
Ok, as someone whose owned a sport convertible before I have to tell you think of all the aspects of convertible ownership first (as i will never own a soft top conv again). First of all, anyone wants into your car its as easy as cutting the top. This doesnt make a loud bang like breaking a window and can be done right in front of your house while you sleep. Second that same top will wither and need to be replaced not soon but eventually. Wind noise will be more in the convertible ( witht he top up or down ). Most women hate getting their hair messed up so they usually complain when the tops down. 200 extra pounds for a less rigid car means getting smoked by more cars ie your car is slower for alot more money too. Your car will depriciate much faster than the coupe since people will hold it with equal value (or lesser value depending on where you are/ season) to the other, less expensive models.Oh yes and this may not be a big deal on the Z as i havent seen the sealing technology it uses but ALL tops leak at some point. If your ok with that then by all means get the roadster. I loved mine but the negatives i learned made me sell that thing quicker than i wanted too.

My question is did you own a 350z roadster as your conv sports car? If not, I think it may be unfair for you to compare any convertible to the 350z roadster. For example, if someone had a 1995 miata, I would think that would not be fair comparison. But I don't know what you had, and everyone's experience is different good or bad.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Zcarboy

I like conv, but I wanted to keep my Z for the long run so that why I went with a coupe. I used to have a "94" Mustang conv which was a lot of fun. Over all the look is better with the coupe, but tops down can't beat that.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
MADDOG`

Given your location, NY, I would think a coupe would be nicer for ya. Winters can be brutal with a roadster (less top insulation than the coupe) and some folks just love to take a sharp object to roadster tops.

On the other hand, motoring with the top down when weather permits is a great way to go.

Good luck with your choice!