Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Dealers no nothing on convertibles.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 11:52 AM
fanatic6711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers no nothing on convertibles.....

How come Nissan Dealerships don't have ANY information or even know what the hell is going on with their future products! At least know that the production picture is on the internet. This GM dropped the ball on this one.

The only info that I have so far is that a company in California is
doing a kit for about $9000. However Nissan is going to be building a
factory convertible very soon. I will let you know when I have more
information.
Sincerely,
Old 02-07-2003, 12:11 PM
stevieGdog

Default search first, then speak

If you do a search on the forum, you will see countless pictures of the actual Nissan Convertible, called the 350Z roadster.
The reason dealers don't know is because there was no actual information or pictures before yesterday. There is no information on pricing or what models it will be available in, only speculation.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Chris S

In the current age of the internet, you'll find out info (and mis-information) sooner here than the dealers will through official communications...that's just the way it is.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:37 PM
vanstorm16

Its funny. My dealer just stood there as I rattled off all of JmanZ's great info about the roadster the other day when I was in for service. When it was hitting shore, when the first photos should be available. I don't know if they thought I was lying or what? lol
Old 02-07-2003, 02:09 PM
fanatic6711

I work in television sales and if we don't have all the current info on our products readily available, it makes us look bad. Personally, I think it does the same for Nissan GM's as Nissan Corp. is not filling them in. AND THIS IS PUBLIC INFO! It's not like a spy shot or something! It's on Nissanusa.com!
Old 02-07-2003, 04:55 PM
DriveI65

I was at the dealer today for my 1st oil change and stopped by the showroom to see the salesman that sold me the car. We got to talking about the TSB's and the information I had learned on this board and he was amazed I had heard of them (so was the service manager).

When I mentioned that I had seen the convertible he said he had only just seen a picture an hour before. When I said that there were a number of pictures on this site he took me to the showroom computer and had me bring them up. Then he was calling all of the other guys over to show them what it looked like. They were wondering when they would be available and I asid I had seen that it would be summer. He took it for gospel.

I've seen this in sales people many times before. I work in software and we never tell sales anything about the future products so that they focus on what they have to sell. When we are done with the products and ready to deliver we inundate them with information. I'd hazard a guess that Nissan is doing the same.