Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Do Women buy Roadsters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
quint1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roadster a chic car? Yeah, I suppose it is when she buys it. Mine is a dudes car. I brought it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NightRida
Guys buy roadsters?
WTF?

Last edited by zand02max; 06-07-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Zazoozle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zand02Max - i want your car!

I'm a girl and looking to buy a roadster...but the Z is a very ballsy roadster and all the drivers I've seen in town are guys. I don't think I've ever seen a woman in one.

I've wanted a Z coupe (specifically NOT a roadster) since they came out, but since I moved to SoCal, yeah - you know how it is, I want my Z to be a convertible.

So, I'm here to learn, looking to buy this month or next when I find exactly what I want: red or black touring or grand touring roadster, any year that I can afford.

Also, I am definately a girl into mods. I plan to prioritize and do what I can afford after I buy the car, but just for street fun, handling, and looks.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Weqster

twin turbo roaster checking in...

Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Dio1988

i thought it was mostly women w/ roadsters?? atleast thats what I see.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Z_Monzter

Originally Posted by blondaz
I'm a woman and my Roadster isn't stock . I wanted a covertible (got the bug for a vert from having a friend with a SLK), wanted >300 HP with manual transmission. There wasn't much to choose from in my price range...it was up to the Z or a vette. I've never been a vette person and honestly, 75% of vette drivers around here (especially C6's) are women >50 with double chins and I don't fit that stereotype yet LOL. As far as ZR's ...I see 50/50 women and men, and the majority of the men I see are older. I don't think I've seen another woman with a modded ZR. And so many with the top up? Why buy a convertible if you're going to drive with the top up in beautiful weather?

Will you marry me, LOL

Just kidding, nice ZR way to represent the Ladyz...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Morningglorie

Waving to zazoozle

I'm another woman with a roadster (Redline, just like the one in pic above).

Love it. On a day like today, high 80's, little bit of breeze in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, I drive around feeling sorry for anyone not in convertible. Bee-yooo - tiful.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:21 PM
EbonyNinjaDude

I agree with NJ350zr, Roasters are the elite version of the Coupe, thus for a little more money you get a lot more enjoyment. Chick Car? Sure it is! "A Chick Magnet Car!!"....Women love to ride in my Roadster. For every 50 Coupes you only see one Roadster! In Japan the majority of the Roadsters are the Mazda Miyata and the Toyota MR-S, and if you ask me...they are the feminine chick cars....no muscle in the looks or the tope end!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:18 PM
ZPHILE

Default We have something in common - love for the ZR!!!

Originally Posted by Zazoozle
Zand02Max - i want your car!

I'm a girl and looking to buy a roadster...but the Z is a very ballsy roadster and all the drivers I've seen in town are guys. I don't think I've ever seen a woman in one.

I've wanted a Z coupe (specifically NOT a roadster) since they came out, but since I moved to SoCal, yeah - you know how it is, I want my Z to be a convertible.

So, I'm here to learn, looking to buy this month or next when I find exactly what I want: red or black touring or grand touring roadster, any year that I can afford.

Also, I am definately a girl into mods. I plan to prioritize and do what I can afford after I buy the car, but just for street fun, handling, and looks.
Since you're on the site looking/researching for the ZR. Here's my .02cents, do your homework before you buy. I was blessed enough to get my ZR at INVOICE price when I bought it in Oct '06. I was just at a dealer and saw plenty of '06 5AT roadsters just sitting there begging to be bought way below invoice (Palmdale, CA). Personnally, I hate the car buying process and suggest you go to Carbuyingtips dot com and read it all and do as it says. It saved me thousands! And get that ZR - best car I've ever had.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Electricchild

Originally Posted by EdAInWestOC

Nah...the woman who sold me my 350ZR has a definate opinion about ragtops and whether they are chick cars or not. According to her logic almost all ragtops are chick cars except for the Vette, 350z and BMW 6 series. The rest are too feminine. I'm not sure if I would agree except for the Z.

Ed
Strangely this is true. Every 6 series cab I see is always driven by a guy.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Zazoozle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I agree too, maybe the idea exists because most convertibles are so small and "cute" like the miata and MR2 and the...VW bug (eeek!) and people assume women like this, coupled with the fact that larger people (usually men) can't fit in small cars without making it look like a clowncar. Although I always see guys in S2000s but that strikes me as a car my mom would drive. Also, I always see girls driving mustangs, both hard and soft tops. I know two guys who have them, and probably 25 girls. Its funny to notice what appeals to what kind of people.

And yeah, I always and only see guys in vetts and 6 series. Maybe someone will surprise me one day, but I am not at all a fan of BMWs or the people who drive/lease them hehe!

Thanks Zphile! I've been all over carbuyingtips.com and really learned a lot since this is my first car I'm buying.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 PM
goodfela

Originally Posted by z_roadster
here in vancouver i've only seen one girl driving a roadster. We don't have many roadsters here but the rest that i've seen (about 5) were driven by men.

Is it triple black with Alberta plates? if so... that's my wife stealing my ZR
Old 06-11-2007, 04:15 PM
ZPHILE

You're welcome Zazoozle! Check your PM - (and get ready to read)!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:45 AM
DJK

i wish i got a coupe - roadster is too feminine... if they didnt mess with the hood on the 2007 id have a new coupe in my driveway right now
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM
dozzer1b

roadsters rule!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:20 PM
E.F. VaBeach

So the purpose of this thread is to share incredibly analytical observations like, "I see a lot of chicks driving convertibles, but I'm a real macho man because I make minimum wage and have 59 payments left on my used base model coupe and anyone who can afford a convertible is actually a chick . . . ".

Jeez, how moronic can this get.

Roadster or coupe, it's a great car - just because some haters can't afford a roadster doesn't make it any less a car.

Some of you coupe guys really need some erectile dysfunction therapy . . .
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 PM
xelaremnarc

Originally Posted by E.F. VaBeach
So the purpose of this thread is to share incredibly analytical observations like, "I see a lot of chicks driving convertibles, but I'm a real macho man because I make minimum wage and have 59 payments left on my used base model coupe and anyone who can afford a convertible is actually a chick . . . ".

Roadster or coupe, it's a great car - just because some haters can't afford a roadster doesn't make it any less a car.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:38 AM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by E.F. VaBeach

When I started this thread I didn't intend to turn it into a sexual issue. If some of you guys are having gender problems because you own a roadster I could refer you to a good therapist who will help you cope with your feelings of inadequacy.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by trains1937
When I started this thread I didn't intend to turn it into a sexual issue. If some of you guys are having gender problems because you own a roadster I could refer you to a good therapist who will help you cope with your feelings of inadequacy.

Then what was your purpose if not to start a flame war?

To bad used Z coupes are getting so cheap now that ex. Civic & RSX's ricer owners can now afford them....
Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 AM
ZPHILE

This is getting good & FUNNY!

Quick Reply: Do Women buy Roadsters?