Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Do Women buy Roadsters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
FuzzyThread

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Occasionally I say "Hi" to fellow -Z- drivers and compliment them on their nice rides.

I have discovered something .....

Those drivers that somebody may suspect of being homosexual (no offense indended) tend to prefer a 350Z Roadster. In fact, it appears to be a highly preferred vehicle for them.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
xelaremnarc

Originally Posted by FuzzyThread
Occasionally I say "Hi" to fellow -Z- drivers and compliment them on their nice rides.

Those drivers that somebody may suspect of being homosexual (no offense indended) tend to prefer a 350Z Roadster. In fact, it appears to be a highly preferred vehicle for them.
I have also discovered something.....

Those drivers that can only seem to afford a coupe become jealous (no offense intended) that someone actually has a nicer car than them - And to think I thought everyone here was a self confident, mature adult that didnt get overly jealous of other peoples stuff. WOW was I wrong.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
ohw

Are you the same person who puts on a lab coat and holds a clip board and makes claims of medical break through on TV?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
E.F. VaBeach

To bad used Z coupes are getting so cheap now that ex. Civic & RSX's ricer owners can now afford them....
Well said, brother.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:32 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xelaremnarc
I have also discovered something.....

Those drivers that can only seem to afford a coupe become jealous (no offense intended) that someone actually has a nicer car than them - And to think I thought everyone here was a self confident, mature adult that didnt get overly jealous of other peoples stuff. WOW was I wrong.

are you fking kidding me? you think were jealous because you bought a car that cost 3k more than coupes??lmaoooooooooooooo

Let me guess, you also own a members only jacket? Get off your soap box

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 06-16-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Built2shredZ

This is what I'm talking about, we got used Z's going for $16k now and all the ricers are buying them up and then they come to the forums to talk $hit....

I really wish the mods would lock stupid threads like this one before the flame wars begin... And a temp. ban on the OP wouldnt hurt either
Old 06-16-2007, 10:52 PM
ZgoodLife

:icon24

Is that a fact?
So you are generalizing that most or all guys whom own a roadster are gay.
STFU
Just because in your neck of the woods that roadster owners maybe mostly gay doesnt mean that all male roadster owners are the same.

Just on laws of probability, there are greater numbers of coupes than roadsters, so therefore, its probably safe to say that there are more coupe owners who prefer homosexuality.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:38 AM
xelaremnarc

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
are you fking kidding me? you think were jealous because you bought a car that cost 3k more than coupes??lmaoooooooooooooo

Let me guess, you also own a members only jacket? Get off your soap box
Z Coupe - from $27,900

Z Roadster - from $35,550

$3k huh?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 AM
jimmy B
Banned

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
Z's are chick cars....face it
Z's are not chic cars. Mini coopers are chic cars.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 AM
NightRida

Originally Posted by ZgoodLife
:icon24

Is that a fact?
So you are generalizing that most or all guys whom own a roadster are gay.
STFU
Just because in your neck of the woods that roadster owners maybe mostly gay doesnt mean that all male roadster owners are the same.

Just on laws of probability, there are greater numbers of coupes than roadsters, so therefore, its probably safe to say that there are more coupe owners who prefer homosexuality.
Looks like someone got a nerve pinched!
Peace!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 PM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ

I really wish the mods would lock stupid threads like this one before the flame wars begin... And a temp. ban on the OP wouldnt hurt either
Give me a break. I started this thread with what I thought was a tongue in cheek question that might be good for a few laughs. I didn't realize it would hit an exposed nerve in so many people.

Got a related question. How come the roadster is so expensive compared to the coupe? How do they justify the difference in price?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Kristi
I am Awesome

I wanted one so bad... I was going to get one then I saw how much my insurance was and then told myself... a couple will do just fine.. yup coupe
Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Sunset350ZR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trains1937

Got a related question. How come the roadster is so expensive compared to the coupe? How do they justify the difference in price?
There is actually more engineering of a ZR than the coupe to make it drive as well as it does. Whether it is enough to justify the difference in cost, only you can judge. I will say jump in a ZR in the morning and head for your favorite road and drive it hard. The car has a whole different excitement due to wind and sound that makes me take the long way just about anytime I drive the car. If they could possiblydevelope a 2+2 with a targas roof without messing up the car's lines to much I would have a Z and a ZR. You really do have to drive the\ZR to get what the roadster people are talking about.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 AM
dozzer1b

who the F*** cares if its a coupe or ZR.....they both offer a unique look that is sexy either way!!! stop all yous *****ins!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
There is actually more engineering of a ZR than the coupe to make it drive as well as it does.

If they could possiblydevelope a 2+2 with a targas roof without messing up the car's lines to much I would have a Z and a ZR. You really do have to drive the\ZR to get what the roadster people are talking about.
Not really the coupe and the ZR were designed at the same time on one platform so technically there really wasn't any extra engineering $$ that went in to the ZR. I own a coupe but driven many ZRs. I do have to say it's a different experience but not enough for me to want to deal with the soft top. A targa top would have been perfect IMO.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Built2shredZ

Any Roadster / Convertible cost more then its coupe counterpart.... You have a lot more parts with a convertible roof then the coupe.. plus added structural parts to keep the frame from flexing,, thus the 250 lbs weight difference..

Base Price Difference between Coupe & Roadster

Enthusiast - $5,950
Touring - $5,200
GT - $4,150 (I think the Coupe version gets additional equipment the Roadster does not get, that's why the price difference is less)...

Another reason for the price difference is they sell 5x as many coupes as they do Roadsters, so they can lower the price of the coupe because they sell in bulk compared to the Roadster...

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 06-19-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
zprincess

Default zr

I have a highly modded zr. While attending one of the initial car shows in which I showed my zr some redneck moron came up to me and said my car was a girl's car. I was really upset. I consider myself a girlie girl but can be as tough as nails when I have to be. I used to be a mechanic in the military.

I guess that was all part of his awful pickup lines. Needless to say he was a total loser. Real men don't have to demean others to prove their masculinity. They are what they are. I know one when I see one.

I would have loved to race him and put him in his place but I had dinner plans with a real man.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Zazoozle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZPrincess, YOU ROCK. I am the same way, very girly, but very very tough when needed. I am glad you have a modded Zr - sounds like u represent it well!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xelaremnarc
Z Coupe - from $27,900

Z Roadster - from $35,550

$3k huh?

track model....34k....owned
Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
moxy350z

"To bad used Z coupes are getting so cheap now that ex. Civic & RSX's ricer owners can now afford them....(quote from previous thread)

Well said, brother."

I'd have to agree with you both on that.............

Quick Reply: Do Women buy Roadsters?