Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM
mg350ZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Of Z
Never ever!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Now_U_Z_Me

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm going to go against the whole bunch. I have been putting my daily driver show cars into the touchless car washes including rag-tops for over 11 years now and never once has the paint, shine, finish, wheels or chrome or convertible ragtop ever suffered any problems.

The key to using such a touchless car wash is to IMMEDIATELY dry the body, seams and the ragtop off using micro-fiber towels or 100% Egyption cotton towels.

And after drying the ragtop off of any water then put a new coat of ragtop protectorent like 303 on it so it stays supple, moist and waterproof. And give the car's body either a full wax or polymer coating at least 2 to 3 times per year but then between full coats after washes using a very water diluted solution of wax or polymere put on the car's body very much like when applying a detail spray.

All of my 5 show cars have retained their lustre and finish and the ragtops still look brand new as the day they were first made. The secret is in the effort you put into getting the car immediately dry and putting on restoration coats of protectant materials as described above.

And it only adds an extra 15 minutes to the usual time you take to dry the car off from the water. And finally the last thing you want to do is to use any kind of mit or rag with soap on the car because it will just trap the particles in the rag and scratch the paint all to hell with micro-scratches.

It amazes me how many folks who provide answers about show & shine don't have a single clue as to what advice they are giving.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
alcheng

Originally Posted by Now_U_Z_Me
Well I'm going to go against the whole bunch. I have been putting my daily driver show cars into the touchless car washes including rag-tops for over 11 years now and never once has the paint, shine, finish, wheels or chrome or convertible ragtop ever suffered any problems.

The key to using such a touchless car wash is to IMMEDIATELY dry the body, seams and the ragtop off using micro-fiber towels or 100% Egyption cotton towels.

And after drying the ragtop off of any water then put a new coat of ragtop protectorent like 303 on it so it stays supple, moist and waterproof. And give the car's body either a full wax or polymer coating at least 2 to 3 times per year but then between full coats after washes using a very water diluted solution of wax or polymere put on the car's body very much like when applying a detail spray.

All of my 5 show cars have retained their lustre and finish and the ragtops still look brand new as the day they were first made. The secret is in the effort you put into getting the car immediately dry and putting on restoration coats of protectant materials as described above.

And it only adds an extra 15 minutes to the usual time you take to dry the car off from the water. And finally the last thing you want to do is to use any kind of mit or rag with soap on the car because it will just trap the particles in the rag and scratch the paint all to hell with micro-scratches.

It amazes me how many folks who provide answers about show & shine don't have a single clue as to what advice they are giving.

If you will spend that much of effort on waxing and stuffs, why not spend an extra 20 mins to hand wash your car??

Plus, do you have problem of water leaking from the windows when the high-pressure water jets spray the water on your windows??
Old 08-27-2007, 11:21 PM
fklentz

Even the owners manual say's not to.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Now_U_Z_Me

Originally Posted by alcheng
If you will spend that much of effort on waxing and stuffs, why not spend an extra 20 mins to hand wash your car??

Plus, do you have problem of water leaking from the windows when the high-pressure water jets spray the water on your windows??
No water leaks on the Z. If the water would leak through it would only be because the water is under high pressure. It would not mean afterward it would leak while driving in a downpour of rain.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Now_U_Z_Me

Originally Posted by fklentz
Even the owners manual say's not to.
The owners manual says alot of thing they don't want you to do because while under warranty they don't want to have to be fixing things you may have caused, such as a leaky top. they they would have a hard time proving you caused by some chosen act you decided to take the risk on.

I have been doing touchless laser washed for years on my various ragtops and never had a problem with the top leaking in the rain no matter how hard it came down.

The reason the top might leak while in the car was is because of the high concentrated pressure over a small area of the top as the water-jets pass over. The leak would not occur however when out in the rain.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:03 AM
ZPHILE

Guranteed your finishes on your '5 show cars' are jacked. How can you effectively clean a surface without touching - pressure washer? Isn't that what the 'Touchless' does? BTW - don't you have to 'touch' to put on the 'restoration products'. I wish you lived in LA/OC area so we could go to the Mequiar's in-house seminar on HOW TO do your finish. You'd be shocked after the inspection. That's if you care. BTW - Pebble Beach Concours de Elegance cars don't go through the 'Touchless' only my crap company cars do! Educate yourself: http://meguiarsonline.com/Default.aspx and go to 'Archive'

Last edited by ZPHILE; 09-09-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:40 PM
lilquazyvietboi

Now U Z Me,...

You sound like my friend with a 2001 Civic to me. He loves to wash his car with those touchless place and push on wax from pepboys. Yet he has no clue what is Zymol and Zaino, etc...

Do you your research and find out what they recommend. Have you heard of this guy in England doing 10,000$ car washes? Nobody washes their car with a touchless wash.

Sure it gets the job done, but if you argue that touchless wash is BETTER... than you are plain ignorant.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 PM
RichinAz

I might use an automatic carwash on my ZR if I was looking for a nice woodgrain finish on my clearcoat. Kinda make it different from everyone else's.

07 Roadster silver alloy/black 6spd.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by RichinAz
I might use an automatic carwash on my ZR if I was looking for a nice woodgrain finish on my clearcoat. Kinda make it different from everyone else's.

07 Roadster silver alloy/black 6spd.

TOO FUNNY!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Now_U_Z_Me

Originally Posted by lilquazyvietboi
Now U Z Me,...

You sound like my friend with a 2001 Civic to me. He loves to wash his car with those touchless place and push on wax from pepboys. Yet he has no clue what is Zymol and Zaino, etc...

Do you your research and find out what they recommend. Have you heard of this guy in England doing 10,000$ car washes? Nobody washes their car with a touchless wash.

Sure it gets the job done, but if you argue that touchless wash is BETTER... than you are plain ignorant.
Yea I'm plain ignorant..that's why after 90,000 miles on several of my show cars being they are daily drivers they look better than the day they were first released from the showroom floor. Get your heads out of your asses because you walking talking rectums don't have a clue about taking care of car surfaces. When you get a few years to your age and one or two ball hairs to brag about then you can qualify to even learn something beyond the propaganda you pick up from talking talk without doing the walk.

Last edited by Now_U_Z_Me; 09-10-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Delako

Yea I'm plain ignorant..that's why after 90,000 miles on several of my show cars being they are daily drivers they look better than the day they were first released from the showroom floor. Get your heads out of your asses because you walking talking rectums don't have a clue about taking care of car surfaces. When you get a few years to your age and one or two ball hairs to brag about then you can qualify to even learn something beyond the propaganda you pick up from talking talk without doing the walk.

Is touchless the same as an automatic car wash? He asked about an automatic car wash which to me means huge spinning fibers of doom.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Touchless is usually big *** power washers spraying the hell out of your car. Nothing actually touches your car, no fibers.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Now_U_Z_Me

Originally Posted by istan
^ Touchless is usually big *** power washers spraying the hell out of your car. Nothing actually touches your car, no fibers.
That's the kinda "automatic" wash I was referring to...the touchless automatic type (as described in the quote) that never touches the car.

When someone says "automatic" I immediately think of the touchless laser guided ones. The washes where you use a power-spray wand I don't consider being "automatic" since you still do the work.

I never for a second equated "automatic" with the beater-brush washes because I thought those antiquated washers went out with the turn of the millenium and only an idiot would use the beater-brush washes. If that is what the original guy meant by "automatic" (i.e. beater-brush) then I agree that no one in their right mind should use that on any car they cherish.

And as for my remarks directed at ZPhile and lilquazyvietboi - these two characters are the kinds of folks that repeat what they hear or read and drop names and that is why they are under the mistaken impression they know what they are talking about. I have been detailing cars for over 30 years and I just so happen to test many new upcoming products before these two despotic saps or anyone else even sees them placed on the market shelf for sale. And lilquaz...you think because you drop the names Zymol and Zaino into the conversation then that makes you an expert. I am willing to bet you don't even have a clue as to the one ingredient that when independently added allows Zymol to reach its full potential gloss. As a matter of fact this key added ingredient is usually required to be present with just about any car paint surface protectant whether it be a polymer type or wax product to allow the products to reach max gloss potential. And I am willing to wager that 99% of the folks who use the products don't add this to the application mix because they don't know about it.

And BTW tweedle-dumb (ZPhile) and tweedle-dumber (lilquaz) as an FYI - Zymol and Zaino are really not the top products as they are made out to be by all the hype that gets drummed up by a couple of BMOC's such as yoursleves. I can show you a product that isn't even out on the public market and is sold by "invitation to buy" onlythat puts everything presently on the market to shame. And the only thing I am going to say about this stuff is that it is made of about 20 exotic emuliants, can be applied in sun, in sub-zero to above 100 degree weather, adds depth to the shine and deepens the color of the car now matter what the color of the car and is one of the best kept secrets since the late 60's. And fortunately because you two are BMOC schmucks that are the walking talking rectum punchlines of humanity you will never get the knod for an invite to purchase this stuff. So read it and weep buttheads as you come to the realization you don't know jack-**** about anything concerning car surface care. So <= kiss it cause you two jokers earned it when you opened your mouths to change feet.

Last edited by Now_U_Z_Me; 09-11-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the kinda "automatic" wash I was referring to...the touchless automatic type (as described in the quote) that never touches the car.

When someone says "automatic" I immediately think of the touchless laser guided ones. The washes where you use a power-spray wand I don't consider being "automatic" since you still do the work.

I never for a second equated "automatic" with the beater-brush washes because I thought those antiquated washers went out with the turn of the millenium and only an idiot would use the beater-brush washes. If that is what the original guy meant by "automatic" (i.e. beater-brush) then I agree that no one in their right mind should use that on any car they cherish.
Please find another site to spew your misinformation. Taking your roadster to a touchless car wash is NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SOFT TOP. BTW ... our roadster's soft tops are SYNTHETIC NOT CANVAS. I can't stand people of your type that think because you're older that you're automatically the authority on any subject.

You have no idea idea what you're typing about. Do you think using words such as "equated" and "anitquated" make you sound like you have any type of knowledge on the subject at hand? Please stop while you're WAY behind.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Now_U_Z_Me

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Please find another site to spew your misinformation. Taking your roadster to a touchless car wash is NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SOFT TOP. BTW ... our roadster's soft tops are SYNTHETIC NOT CANVAS. I can't stand people of your type that think because you're older that you're automatically the authority on any subject.

You have no idea idea what you're typing about. Do you think using words such as "equated" and "anitquated" make you sound like you have any type of knowledge on the subject at hand? Please stop while you're WAY behind.
And likewise I can't stand young folks who can't keep their holes shut long enough to learn something because they think they know it all despite being greener about life than a ripe lemon.

Do me a favor butch-dutch..anytime you want to come to Columbus Ohio and go one-on-one about cars is fine with me. The tops be they canvas or vinyl will withstand the touchless car washes. And by the way I am sorry that you younger folks can't decipher anything larger than one or maybe two syllables. In my days we used the grading scales that were not lowered or changed to pass/fail in order to allow more folks to graduate from any kind of school.

And BTW posting to this site or any other forum is not the center of my life as it seems to be for you (with your 4000+ posts). I have a life that apparently your actions or focus prevents you from having. Whether I can post or get banned doesn't mean two-****s to me because all these car forums are nothing but pure bull**** in the total scheme of life...and it is so unfortunate that your "greeness" prevents you from even realizing it or comprehending that what you place your attention, energy and value on is a complete meaningless empty waste of the time you have in life.

Last edited by Now_U_Z_Me; 09-11-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
tienlo

And as for my remarks directed at ZPhile and lilquazyvietboi - these two characters are the kinds of folks that repeat what they hear or read and drop names and that is why they are under the mistaken impression they know what they are talking about. I have been detailing cars for over 30 years and I just so happen to test many new upcoming products before these two despotic saps or anyone else even sees them placed on the market shelf for sale. And lilquaz...you think because you drop the names Zymol and Zaino into the conversation then that makes you an expert. I am willing to bet you don't even have a clue as to the one ingredient that when independently added allows Zymol to reach its full potential gloss. As a matter of fact this key added ingredient is usually required to be present with just about any car paint surface protectant whether it be a polymer type or wax product to allow the products to reach max gloss potential. And I am willing to wager that 99% of the folks who use the products don't add this to the application mix because they don't know about it.

And BTW tweedle-dumb (ZPhile) and tweedle-dumber (lilquaz) as an FYI - Zymol and Zaino are really not the top products as they are made out to be by all the hype that gets drummed up by a couple of BMOC's such as yoursleves. I can show you a product that isn't even out on the public market and is sold by "invitation to buy" onlythat puts everything presently on the market to shame. And the only thing I am going to say about this stuff is that it is made of about 20 exotic emuliants, can be applied in sun, in sub-zero to above 100 degree weather, adds depth to the shine and deepens the color of the car now matter what the color of the car and is one of the best kept secrets since the late 60's. And fortunately because you two are BMOC schmucks that are the walking talking rectum punchlines of humanity you will never get the knod for an invite to purchase this stuff. So read it and weep buttheads as you come to the realization you don't know jack-**** about anything concerning car surface care. So <= kiss it cause you two jokers earned it when you opened your mouths to change feet.
OMG haha that was so angry!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:27 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Do me a favor butch-dutch..anytime you want to come to Columbus Ohio and go one-on-one about cars is fine with me. The tops be they canvas or vinyl will withstand the touchless car washes. And by the way I am sorry that you younger folks can't decipher anything larger than one or maybe two syllables.
You haven't contributed one iota of valid information on this site. Please reasure us that you are atleast retired and not contaminating our work force.

BTW ... how many times are you going to edit your post. Senility already kicking in?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

And BTW posting to this site or any other forum is not the center of my life as it seems to be for you (with your 4000+ posts). I have a life that apparently your actions or focus prevents you from having. Whether I can post or get banned doesn't mean two-****s to me because all these car forums are nothing but pure bull**** in the total scheme of life...and it is so unfortunate that your "greeness" prevents you from even realizing it or comprehending that what you place your attention, energy and value on is a complete meaningless empty waste of the time you have in life.
Then please leave and take your depends-*** to another site. I'm actually amazed you've stayed up this late. Are they having another 24 hour marathon of Matlock tonight?

Quick Reply: Roadster and automatic carwashes