350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Roadster and automatic carwashes

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Now_U_Z_Me
and it is so unfortunate that your "greeness" prevents you from even realizing it or comprehending that what you place your attention, energy and value on is a complete meaningless empty waste of the time you have in life.
Our Sailors in the Navy and Coast guard might think otherwise. My Electronic Warfare software will actually help save their lives when being engaged upon. Get back to me when you will actually make a difference in someone's life other than your own.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Now_U_Z_Me

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Our Sailors in the Navy and Coast guard might think otherwise. My Electronic Warfare software will actually help save their lives when being engaged upon. Get back to me when you will actually make a difference in someone's life other than your own.
I did my time to keep ungratefuls such as yourself safe and secure. All you people do is take what we lived and died for and treat it like some rag-doll that you think is owed to you by some right of birth. The truth of the matter is that you people do nothing but frivolously **** away that time and opportunity that was bought and paid for by my and others blood, sweat and tears.

You are the one that needs to get back when you have finally done something that wasn't sprung off the coattails of someone else.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Now_U_Z_Me

...I'm actually amazed you've stayed up this late. Are they having another 24 hour marathon of Matlock tonight?
No I was waiting up to watch the movie that chronicles you and your generation's greatest accomplishments. The movie is called JACKASS.

Last edited by Now_U_Z_Me; 09-12-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Now_U_Z_Me

Then please leave and take your depends-*** to another site.
There you go again talking the talk without actually walking the walk by deluding yourself into thinking you have some great authority to order people around. See ya later butchboy.

Last edited by Now_U_Z_Me; 09-12-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Delako

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Touchless or automatic car washes seem to be the hot button topic this year! Now lets hug and just agree to disagree mmmkay.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
ZPHILE

That's the kinda "automatic" wash I was referring to...the touchless automatic type (as described in the quote) that never touches the car.

When someone says "automatic" I immediately think of the touchless laser guided ones. The washes where you use a power-spray wand I don't consider being "automatic" since you still do the work.

And as for my remarks directed at ZPhile and lilquazyvietboi - these two characters are the kinds of folks that repeat what they hear or read and drop names and that is why they are under the mistaken impression they know what they are talking about. I have been detailing cars for over 30 years and I just so happen to test many new upcoming products before these two despotic saps or anyone else even sees them placed on the market shelf for sale. And lilquaz...you think because you drop the names Zymol and Zaino into the conversation then that makes you an expert. I am willing to bet you don't even have a clue as to the one ingredient that when independently added allows Zymol to reach its full potential gloss. As a matter of fact this key added ingredient is usually required to be present with just about any car paint surface protectant whether it be a polymer type or wax product to allow the products to reach max gloss potential. And I am willing to wager that 99% of the folks who use the products don't add this to the application mix because they don't know about it.

And BTW tweedle-dumb (ZPhile) and tweedle-dumber (lilquaz) as an FYI - Zymol and Zaino are really not the top products as they are made out to be by all the hype that gets drummed up by a couple of BMOC's such as yoursleves. I can show you a product that isn't even out on the public market and is sold by "invitation to buy" onlythat puts everything presently on the market to shame. And the only thing I am going to say about this stuff is that it is made of about 20 exotic emuliants, can be applied in sun, in sub-zero to above 100 degree weather, adds depth to the shine and deepens the color of the car now matter what the color of the car and is one of the best kept secrets since the late 60's. And fortunately because you two are BMOC schmucks that are the walking talking rectum punchlines of humanity you will never get the knod for an invite to purchase this stuff. So read it and weep buttheads as you come to the realization you don't know jack-**** about anything concerning car surface care. So <= kiss it cause you two jokers earned it when you opened your mouths to change feet.
It obvious that ages doesn't automatically bring wisdom - once a half-witted dunce you just become an older half-witted dunce. You can't argue with stupid. That's why we go to war. Continue to demolish your P.O.S.'s 'show cars' with a pressure washer (wish I could help you!). But please keep your ingnorance and personal attacks to yourself.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I did my time to keep ungratefuls such as yourself safe and secure. All you people do is take what we lived and died for and treat it like some rag-doll that you think is owed to you by some right of birth. The truth of the matter is that you people do nothing but frivolously **** away that time and opportunity that was bought and paid for by my and others blood, sweat and tears.
Now you're just sounding like a old senile has-been.

You are the one that needs to get back when you have finally done something that wasn't sprung off the coattails of someone else
What coattails? Our Navy's SLQ-32 (Electronic Warfare system) is archaic. In the past 30 years several projects have tried to replace the legacy system and failed miserably.

My project's software is the FIRST to succeed in 30 years. Our EW software is already on the U.S.S. Ramage (DDG Destroyer) and will soon be on many more. Our sailors are already raving about our huge upgrade from their legacy system. If the legacy system was an old atari system then consider our upgraded software Play Station 3.

If you think your generation was the only one to help our nation you're sadly mistaken.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^He might not know what a PS3 is, try a differeny analogy.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by istan
^He might not know what a PS3 is, try a differeny analogy.
I was thinking about that, but I'm not going to "dumb-down" my terminology just so he can understand it.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
moto48me

Smile car wash

Originally Posted by gebster
I just bought a 2007 350Z convertible. Has anybody had any problems running them through an automatic car wash.
I'm in LA. Car washes are part of lifestyle here. My 0'4 roadster never has been scratched through an automatic car wash. A famous actor was in front of me once with a Vantage! Porche's, lamborghin's you name it, go through automatic washes here....I wash it by hand too, but sometimes you don't have the time. Not something to worry about dude
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by moto48me
I'm in LA. Car washes are part of lifestyle here. My 0'4 roadster never has been scratched through an automatic car wash. A famous actor was in front of me once with a Vantage! Porche's, lamborghin's you name it, go through automatic washes here....I wash it by hand too, but sometimes you don't have the time. Not something to worry about dude
So I guess he/she also told you who you should vote for in the upcoming election.

For the one hundred and ninety-ninth time ITS NOT THE SCRATCHES YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.

As durable as our soft tops are highly pressured water is NOT good for them, it will eventually get damaged.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 09-18-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
rroppmd

If you use touch free car washes you'll be fine. But you'd better have a good shine to start and only use the wash for maintenance of the glow. you will be left with a residue which easilly comes off with griot's speed shine. Then if you apply sonus glaze you will have a deep beautiful shine on top and you can add multiple coats as often as you like as long as the surface is clean..I know what I'm talking about as I have a jet black finish and every shine enhancing product under the sun.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by rroppmd
If you use touch free car washes you'll be fine. But you'd better have a good shine to start and only use the wash for maintenance of the glow. you will be left with a residue which easilly comes off with griot's speed shine. Then if you apply sonus glaze you will have a deep beautiful shine on top and you can add multiple coats as often as you like as long as the surface is clean..I know what I'm talking about as I have a jet black finish and every shine enhancing product under the sun.
Oh god, here we go again. Using a "touch free" car wash might be fine for 350Z COUPE but NOT for a roadster. Your soft top will get damaged due to HIGH PRESSURED WATER. It seems like the older croud thinks that because they've been around the block that don't have to follow the Manufacturer's advice.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
maxpowers

Given ive replaced the top of my Z twice under warranty, I'm even carefull with the garden hose.

FYI - I did some consulting work with a national gas retailer a few years ago. Their car wash strategy is offer both touch and touchless options at each site going forward.

The reason is people like the image of touchless washes, but the reality is soft cloth washes are easier on your car (and there is a large customer base that supports this).

Touchless car washes compensate for the lack of 'touching' by using higher pressure and more aggressive solvents.

PS -