Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Roadster Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 11:55 AM
ChromeRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster Body Kits

I am considering adding a body kit to my Roadster. Has anyone seen a Roadster with one? Anyone added a rear spoiler or have the factory rear spoiler? I like the Nismo, but I already have a large rock chip on my front lower factory air dam and it looks like the Kalimari kit would cover the lower air dam. Thoughts?

StrangeZ
Old 08-24-2003, 02:21 PM
ephilyawjr

Default Not Seen a think

I have noticed on Nissan Web site that it commits on the spoiler for Coupe only. I don't know if that means it want fit the Roadster or that they where just not thinking of the roadster.

10 Days til my baby arives.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:06 PM
SixRB6

Wink I am adding one...

I am considering adding a body kit to my Roadster. Has anyone seen a Roadster with one? Anyone added a rear spoiler or have the factory rear spoiler? I like the Nismo, but I already have a large rock chip on my front lower factory air dam and it looks like the Kalimari kit would cover the lower air dam. Thoughts?
I am adding the Veilside Ver. 1 kit and we are going to see if the factory spoiler will fit on the roadster! I don't see why it won't. So don't steal my plans!!!! Just playin
Old 08-24-2003, 07:08 PM
350zroadster

well the rear went from a hatchback to a trunk, the geometry has to have change quite a bit.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:02 PM
SixRB6

Default But..

It looks as if they kept the geometry at the very end of the trunk where the spoiler would go...

I will let you know when I try it.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:03 PM
ChromeRoadster

The parts department at my local Nissan Dealer says the factory spoiler will fit (according to the 2004 parts catalog). The only problem is that you have to drill holes, so if I am unsatisfied, I can't remove it. I look forward to your pics.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:24 AM
inTgr8r

Originally posted by ChromeRoadster
The parts department at my local Nissan Dealer says the factory spoiler will fit (according to the 2004 parts catalog). The only problem is that you have to drill holes, so if I am unsatisfied, I can't remove it. I look forward to your pics.
Does the factory spoiler have studs on the bottom?

If not you can mount it with double sided tape.
Many aftermarket spoilers mount this way.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:52 PM
RedHerring

Even if it has studs, you can cut them off with your dremel and tape it on. That would be what I would ( am going to ) do.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:44 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dumb question time

is the tape strong enough to hold the spoiler in place at freeway speeds? i can just imagine driving along and your spoiler goes flying off. especially that nismo wing. that thing is pretty substantial.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:43 AM
RedHerring

3m has tape that sticks like you wouldn't believe, but releases easily with the correct technique.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally posted by ChromeRoadster
I had the aero package added to my coupe a week after I got the car. The body shop at the dealership didn't like drilling holes for the spoiler either. I told him I might consider adding a body kit in the future. They attached the spoiler using 3M automotive body tape instead of the mounting bolts. I was worried about the tape not holding but the dealership assured me that it would hold just as well as the bolts with the added benefit of being removable if I wanted to take it off. (I guess they use some kind of solvent to remove it.) He showed me some cars that used taped on body kits and some that used bolt on kits. Many of the taped on kits had better fit and felt more secure than the bolt on kits.