Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Cheaper than a Psychiatrist

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
steves1150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheaper than a Psychiatrist

I've put 3k on my new-to-me 06 Roadster, and I'm loving it more every day. In fact, if I am stressed over work, usually just driving the Z will put a smile on my face! Seems cheaper than a $110 per hour psychiatrist!

And, what's not to love? Nimble handling, more power than I can ever use legally on the street, and hot looks....this one is a keeper.

Last weekend, the Flame and I took the Z up into the CA Central Coast Wine Country for a weekend cruise. Top down (well, most of the time), listening the sweet notes of the exhaust, and still getting nearly 27 mpg. Jeez, who needs meds or a shrink???

Enjoy,

Steve in So Cal
Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

potentially considering seeing a psychiatrist-check
driving a roadster-check
"flame"-check
wine country visit-check

Glad you're loving the Z....nudge nudge wink wink.

K, I know it's too early to be goofing....
Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Phreakdout

I thought it was the stress of the holidays. Nope. This thread made the connection. I haven't driven my Z in a month.

I'm going to be a basketcase by the time this snow melts. I think I'll go out to the garage and sit in it for a while.

Whimper ... whimper...
Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Blooster

yes yes yes - it's a total attitude adjustment - changed my life, actually. Changes how you see the world and changes how the world sees you.
My license plate spells "escape" because that's what the ZR lets me do - at least twice a day.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 PM
johns350

Default I hear you....

75 degrees today - top down - sweet sweet sweet
Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Phreakdout

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blooster
My license plate spells "escape" because that's what the ZR lets me do - at least twice a day.
LOL - Mine says this because ... well ... that's what I am.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:26 AM
eesnas

When making the decision and thinking, "Is a 2 seater really practical?" I decided since I don't have kids why not, I'm not quite 30 yet and really, if life can be short tomorrow is it even worth living if you don't have a sports car before turning 30?

I wanted a Porsche before 30 but a career change and other things never allowed it to happen, with the Z priced so fairly almost nobody has an excuse not to get the sports car 'bug' out of their system. I've always had sporty cars but to get a great deal on a pre-owned this damn thing impresses me everyday, now I am thinking, "why do people bother with a Porsche?" The Z does everything very nice for an excellent price. It's not the most practical car, but is life worth living if always everything is practical?

It makes me sad to think guys my age with no kids went out and bought an Altima. I don't think people realize how affordable the Z is, and without kids what good are back seats for? Driving around your drunk friends? I'm all set with that, I'd rather just the 2 seats at this point, I got tired of being the chauffeur for my buddies a long time ago.

I bought my '04 Base model with 34k miles on it, look brand new for the same price people are buying brand new Kias and Hyndais for. The funny thing is when the people in the Kia satre at my Z I don't think they realize they could have bought my car cheaper than their Kia! I get the same **** on my Ducati from the Harley guys. My bike $4200 off Ebay and $500 to ship and maybe another 1k of mods on it, I get guys with Harleys that cost 4 times as much as my Duc gawking at my bike all the time, when I tell them they could have bought 4 of my bike instead of a HD they don't believe me!

The best thing is these are affordable pleasures, the bike I bought in one check and the car payment is only $220, which I plan to pay $500 on to get it out early. My point is bang for the buck it's a pretty wide smile for not a big payout.

Edit: Didn't know this is the roadster forum but I think my post is still relative, even more leveraged fun with the drop top, kudos to you guys!

Last edited by eesnas; 12-20-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:14 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i know what you mean. the zr is a great stress reliever.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:31 PM
SiNzz

Don't drive a roadster, but I can completely relate. I've been in absolutely terrible moods or have been very stressed out, but once I get in the driver's seat and start driving around it almost becomes some sort of therapeutic stress reliever.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:49 PM
ohw

I had to see a doctor becasue I was too happy since I got my ZR. I am normally happy now instead of too happy after about a year of medication.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Yep, in this crazy world, who knows what tomorrow will bring? The Z brings a smile to my face every time I drive it and even every time I just look at it just parked there.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Master Shake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by surfcity40
potentially considering seeing a psychiatrist-check
driving a roadster-check
"flame"-check
wine country visit-check

Glad you're loving the Z....nudge nudge wink wink.

K, I know it's too early to be goofing....
Sounds more like Mid Life Crisis!

j/k...

Too bad we can't charge our car payments to medical insurance!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
kenpo_350Z

The ZR has actually caused some issues. If your gone for a long period of time without driving it you start to have withdrawls. Just watch out for that.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Blu Hvn

+1 to everyone's comments. There have been many days I've taken off on a road trip, with the top down naturally just to drive and listen to the exhaust! Sometimes I even look for a reason to stop/slowdown/downshift just so I can take it up through the gears again.
It's definitely saved me ulcers or time on a head doc's couch!!