Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Motorweek Z Roadster Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:02 AM
ShaftEd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Motorweek Z Roadster Review

Hello All, I just happened to get lucky and catch Motorweek's review of the Z Roadster last night. Doesn't look like there are any more viewing of this show on Speed TV though, however, you can get to it using this link:

Motorweek

Just go to Recent Tests and you will find it. Overall, a very good review.

BTW, I've had a black on black 5AT Roadster for about a month now. Unfortunately, the entire ownership process has been marred as the damn thing was keyed all along the driver side at my wife's work the first week we had it. The offender was caught on tape doing other cars recently, so the cops assure us an arrest will be coming soon. Good news, as I would like to get the name and license of the person that did this to us. You know, strictly for future reference, of course. Get this, it was a woman going to her Dr's office for anger management classes! What a freakin world we live in.

The repainting process has been another matter too. What a hassle, while the shop got the black color matched perfectly, they didn't get the orange peel wrinkle finish right, but it is pretty damn close. There is just no way it will be like OEM again though. We're still working things out with the shop.

Finally finished break in miles, so I'm starting to wrap her up a bit. Quite impressive, and fun. I'm used to motorcycles, and while my bikes are faster in a straight line, the sensation of speed is much more increased in a car. Guess I'm not used to it yet, but it's a blast.

"See ya on the road, Scags"(MadMax)
Ed

P.S. Here's a pic in happier days with Sweetie(my wife) picking up the new Z.
Attached Thumbnails Motorweek Z Roadster Review-sweetiez640.jpg  
Old 09-10-2003, 11:46 AM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the link. too bad they didn't have a video also. i have yet to see a segment of the roadster on tv.... besides at the car and driver coverage of the auto show.

just read your other post about the truck blocking the view of who did it. if they didn't tape the lady keying your car, then maybe you can't prove it was the same person... i don't know. i was just thinking about it.

good luck with working things out with the shop.

Last edited by ragtopz; 09-10-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
ShaftEd

Yep, on my tape, it was blocked, but this woman keyed 9 other cars in the following weeks, so she finally messed up and got on tape. However, we do have proof that she was at the office the day our car got keyed, so all ten of us are on the police complaint together. Once the criminal deal gets done, I will check into a civil suit, although, now that my ins co. has paid too, maybe they will have to persue to recover damages. Either way we aint giving up.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:11 AM
azjimbo

Great review.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
ChromeRoadster

With regard to your statement that you will look into the civil side, you might be able to avoid that all together. Because you don't (presumably) have any pain and suffering, all you have is compensatory damage. You can get restitution from the offender through the criminal process. In fact, if you can get the prosecutor to require her to provide restitution as part of a plea deal, you might be in better shape. If she has to agree to it as part of the plea, she won't really be able to distinguish between you and the others and all arguments that she did not do it will be out the window. In other words, you could face an uphill battle on the civil side due to her ability to argue that you lack direct evidence of her actions (due to the truck). At a minimum, make sure she pleads to all of the charges (and make sure your car is one of the charges). If she is only required to plead to a few of the offenses, then those will be the only ones she has admitted to for purposes of restitution or for purposes of conclusively establishing that she is liable for the damage to your car. The prosecutor is not required to look out for your best interests, but can be persuaded to do so. Sorry for the long post, but thought it might be helpful.

Strange Z, Esq.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
ShaftEd

Default Thx Strange,

Good advice. Recently a detective has questioned the lady, and at first she would not admit to the crime, then she finally gave in and said that if she did do it, it was while she was sleepwalking due to all the drugs her Dr had her on. This whole thing gets more rediculous by the minute. Anyway, the DA has the case now, and maybe the DA will go for a plea bargain and restitution. I suppose the main thing is, when the hell do we know if this screwball woman is not going to continue on being the "Key Lady" of San Diego. Trouble is, I suppose we will never be sure she is out of business and cannot stike again.

Justice must prefail here. We'll see how it goes.

As for the repainting, it seems the paint shop did a darn good job, but unfortunately, Nissan did a crappy job. The repainted side is perfectly smooth, while the OEM side, is an orange peel mess. I am actually going to put a paint claim in with Nissan to start the ball rolling with them. It's weird the OEM Hood and trunk lid are pretty smooth, but my OEM paint on the rt side fenders and door are a nasty bumpy orange peel finish. I never realized what a crappy job Nissan did, until I had the leftside repainted by a quality shop.