Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Roadster Convertible Top Care

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Ant350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster Convertible Top Care

What are you all using for care and protection of your Roadster Convertible Top?

I have done some research myself.
First I read the owners manual and that was not really any help. It does not even tell you what the top is made of.

So I when ahead and called Nissan of America and after one day they called me back and told me that the top is made of CANVAS.

I went ahead and searched some care car products made for Canvas 'Vert Tops and this is what others say is a highly recommended product. Check out the below links:

http://www.worlduph.com/topcare.htm
http://www.properautocare.com/ragfabcontop.html
http://www.autogeek.net/racotopcakit.html

I have not yet ordered any....
Does anyone have any experience with this product?
Comments?
I will fill you in once I order some....

Also, where are all the ZAINO users ??????

Later
ant
Old 10-24-2003, 04:52 AM
EddieJr

I've used the Raggtopp stuff on my top. It is an excellent product. Apply it with several light coats or it will get white spots where its too heavy.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:40 AM
Major

The california car duster does an excellent job of pulling the dust in between washings, actually works better than a vacuum cleaner. I also use an old very soft toothbrush with a dab of RagTop cleaner to remove spots from bird droppings. These two techniques keep the top looking great in between washings.

Major
Old 10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
topdown-z

Talking Conv. Top Protectant

The best thing out there for waterproofing, etc...your conv top is made by 303 (just make sure you get the one for canvas/cloth tops and not the one for vinyl). You simply spray it on your complete top with the fine mist applicator and after it quickly dries, the water just rolls off in beads. There is NO discoloration at all and it is really easy to apply. The bottle recommends two coats but I have NEVER put more than one coat on any of my cars and the product works great. I have also used the RaggTop products but found they can leave spots on your top if applied too heavy??? Anyway, whichever product you choose, here's a little helpful hint.

**Open your top up completly then have someone help you spread out an old used bedsheet over the windshield and across both windows, extending it over the rear boot cover and sides of the rear fenders. Then, close the top but DON'T latch it shut and you will then be able to spray on your product without getting it all over the rest of your car.

Happy Conv. Top Protecting!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ