350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

My Roadster in the Snow (pic!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 07:57 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Snow

Originally posted by djkern
AndyB - how much snow did you guys end up getting?

here in boston we got about 3 feet.

here's a picture of my car buried. i was supposed to take it to nazars shop to be stored for the winter...but this storm came on too fast and i got trapped!

my civic and 4runner are cleaned out (the snow next to the 4runner...well, that is just the snow we got from saturday night until sunday morning! haha)
We only got about a foot, but the wind was high and there were drifts of 3-4 feet high in places. Other spots were bare.

Drifting snow is really freaky. My deck door (a big glass slider) had like 4 feet in front of it. 1/2 my driveway was almost clear because the wind blew the snow away.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Blue350zCali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I was up in Toronto on a buisness trip for 3 months. I heard it was the worst winter they had up there in a long time, I do not miss all that snow at all. I dont know how you guys take all that snow time and time again. I got sick of all that snow the first week I was there. I am so glad I am spending this winter at home, in Cali.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:28 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Blue350zCali
Last year I was up in Toronto on a buisness trip for 3 months. I heard it was the worst winter they had up there in a long time, I do not miss all that snow at all. I dont know how you guys take all that snow time and time again. I got sick of all that snow the first week I was there. I am so glad I am spending this winter at home, in Cali.
we have snow....you have earthquakes.

honestly...i've thought about moving to texas, to arizona...etc. for the nice warm weather.

but, nowhere else besides the northeast has 4 distinct seasons. that's what i like about the northeast. also, you get used to the snow. after you've been around it for a few years...it's nothing.

just like the people that live in texas and arizona. i was in dallas july 4th weekend and was baking my butt off...everyone there said "oh, it's nice out. this is normal". guess you just adjust to your surroundings.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Blue350zCali

I dont know I just cant get used to the idea of bundling up to go outside then having to carry around my jacket, gloves, earmuffs, etc. everytime I went into a building. The earthquakes are not really all that bad .
Old 12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Blue350zCali
I dont know I just cant get used to the idea of bundling up to go outside then having to carry around my jacket, gloves, earmuffs, etc. everytime I went into a building. The earthquakes are not really all that bad .
it's all where you live and what you are used to.

you say "the earthquakes are not really all that bad"

we say "the snow is not really all that bad".

carry around jacket and everything else??

last time i checked, my jacket has pockets. if i have gloves, they go in there. (earmuffs....don't have them). if i have a hat, there's another pocket for that. and, if i ever want to wear a scarf...well, i can keep that on my neck if i don't want to put it in a pocket. when you get a winter jacket....they typically have enough pockets to fit everything you are wearing! haha.

also, cars are warm....you don't really need to be bundled up unless you are going to be outside walking around or something.

i could wear a spring jacket and be fine. i go outside to get to my car, drive to work, go inside, work, go to my car, drive home, go inside. haha. not much of that time is spent outside. but, yeah, bundling up can be time consuming (if you are going skiing).

in my case, i can't get used to the idea of the earth shaking and my car falling off the road. i've been in earthquakes before...luckily they weren't bad at all. i'll stick to the snow...it melts.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:30 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg thats insane! And to think I was getting worried about being drizzled on!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:48 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by ___DJK___
omg thats insane! And to think I was getting worried about being drizzled on!
haha....will it melt?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:11 PM
NAPZ

I finally had a break in the weather, it was 40 degrees today(sucks) and I got a chance to wash and wax my car. I did it prior to the storm and figured I'd do it again. What do you guys use to protect the soft top I have a cleaner for it but don't have a protectorwhat is the popular choice? I figured all the salt being thrown down will damage it
Old 12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
6spdRedline

see this is why Nissan needs to get of their asses and make a damn removable hard top!!