Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Waiting for my roadster club

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
hrohawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kovalf
hrohawg, either send me a private message with an e-mail address, or enable your private messaging, and I'll send you a message with the deatils
My PM is now turned on. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Richardew

My car is due in in 16 days. I ordered the front license plate adaptor from Performance. It's the one that attaches to the grill. I don't like the way the other adaptor (the one that attaches to the tow hook spot) seems to stick out in front of the bumper. The one on the grill should improve aerodynamics slightly and hopefully won't cause enough of a decrease in air flow through the radiator to make any difference.
rich
'04 350 ZR, SS/BO due in 16 days!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 AM
kovalf

Default Re: Waiting for my roadster club

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with absolutely no regrets at all that I will be resigning my membership in the Waiting For My Roadster Club. It's at the dealers a week early, and I'll be officially an ex-member on Saturday. For remaining members, it was a 12/2003 build, and I'm in Maryland.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:05 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats man. You know how that after months of jonesing for it, you think there will be a let down after you get the car? Well, there isn't . No matter what mood I'm in, the car cheers me up and brings a smile to my face. Enjoy it!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:23 PM
copperhead

I ordered my black with BO seats, 6 speed with DVD navigation roadster on 2/05/04. I can not wait!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will have it before Fiesta!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:17 AM
Richardew

Awesome copperhead. SB/BO is going to be gorgeous. My car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer today, 12 weeks 3 days after they put in the order. It took them 6 weeks to put in the order because of the 18" wheels. I'll be picking my car up in 8 days though (I work Mon-Sun). Gonna be a long week.
Rich
Old 02-10-2004, 08:25 PM
hrohawg

I get to resign!!!! Sold my 95 300zx last monday (just in the nick of time). Watched them unload my new PPW 5AT off the transporter at 5pm this afternoon! Could have taken delivery tonight but the weather is nasty anyway. Gonna let them pull the plastic off the exterior but I have their word they aren't going to wash/dry it.

Will post a pic on actually delivery....

Been waiting two months but not any more.... time for some fun.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:29 AM
kovalf

Congratulations hrohawg. Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Resignation Accepted

Congrats on your new arrival, have fun with it.

I guess we need to add a few more members, lost a couple over the last few weeks, to bad one of them wasn't me.

They finally found mine in the system, hopefully arriving 3/1 - 3/12.

hrohawg, you lucky devil, you be sure to send us some photos to drool over.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:29 PM
svangogh

Hey all,

I'm here to help restock the "Waiting for my roadster club".

I've been stalking the forums for a few months learning all I could about the car and finally ordered a SS/BO w/Nav the first week of January. So far I've been been keeping pretty cool about the whole idea of a 3-month wait.

That is until this week! Now for some reason looking at the next six weeks or so seems almost unbearable. I know the Z bug bit me hard but damn! OUCH it's starting to hurt.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Richardew

Hate to say it Svan, but it gets worse before it gets better. I'm finally going to pick up my car MONDAY and I just can't sit still. Ordered it 10/1/03 but the dealer couldn't put in the order until mid November. It was delivered to the dealer almost exactly 3 months later. You should be able to keep track of your car's status by calling Nissan customer service. They've been real good about that. They told me delivery would be 2/13 and it was delivered 2/11. Nice combination. Should look great!
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab, Iris Blue/Marble/Marble
'04 350ZR SS/BO/Black Top, w/NAV, 18's, p/u in 3 days, 4 hours
Old 02-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Same story here

Welcome to the Club. You will become an official member after you have pre-bought all that Zaino, radar detector, and other stuff for the Z, THEN you will recieve your membership number.......lol.

Ordered, put deposit down 11/10/03, dealer order window 12/05/03, first vin # available 2/1/04, eta 3/12/04. Absolutely dying to get into that brute.

All club members are to post photos from dealer when they go pickup their Z, if possible. Have fun guys.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:58 AM
hsdavis

After waiting 10 months (April 14, 2003) I finally got a call from the dealer telling me my car is in! In anticipation, I called my sales rep weeks ago and told him NOT to install the license plate holder in the front and do not put a dealer sticker in the rear. You guessed it----I got a call from the dealer telling me that "someone" installer the plate holder on the bumper. I am so mad right now, I am seeing stars. This is after the dealer reported the car being sold and I started getting calls from their survey company asking me all about my experience with my new car and the dealer. I have not even seen this car yet. My only contact has been phone calls with the dealer telling me what they screwed up. 10 months and they just can't get this right. What utter bubbleheads!

Any thoughts??????
Old 02-13-2004, 11:28 PM
billy350z

hsdavis... sorry to hear about your bad Friday the 13th luck.. which dealer? I just picked up my SC Roadster Touring today at Clay Nissan in Dedham... and how do we skirt the legal requirement of the front plate holder here in MA?

I want it off so bad... is your dealer going to fix it?

Billyz
Old 02-14-2004, 01:12 AM
hsdavis

Originally posted by billy350z
hsdavis... sorry to hear about your bad Friday the 13th luck.. which dealer? I just picked up my SC Roadster Touring today at Clay Nissan in Dedham... and how do we skirt the legal requirement of the front plate holder here in MA?

I want it off so bad... is your dealer going to fix it?

Billyz
I think I may have test drove your car. I would have bought from Clay, as they are much closer to my home, but they were asking 10K over sticker when I ordered mine. I went to Fireside in N. Attleboro and they sold this at MSRP although there would be a wait. While I was there looking I bought a Murano, and come to think of it, they put that front frame on that also and I had to take it off. There are holes in that front bumber, but I don't realy care about that. My dealer had egg on his face from the Z fiasco and offered to fill the holes and repaint it. No way did I want a brand new car to start with the repainting and orange peels and peeling that come along with this. A new bumper would be the only option, but I am still dealing with new paint on a brand new car with 7 miles on it.

I guess even stupid people need jobs, but I have been running into far too many lately. I don't want these holes in the front of my car and I really want to tell them to keep the car.

As far as the front plate in MA, all new issued plates will need two. If you can find a way to transfer from a car with the GREEN single plate, you can get away with one plate, otherwise, you will need two. I purchsed the frame that goes on the front grill, lower than the factory plate and it looks much better----that is if you don't have gaping holes above it. I am going to look at the car today and make a decision. Stay tuned........
Old 02-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Richardew

HS;
That sucks. It's not surprising though. My car is coming from Pa which is a one plate state so I'm not worried about holes in the bumper. I need 2 plates though and I'm going to go with the toggle bolt method. I wouldn't be terribly upset with the holes in the bumper though. Not so much that I wouldn't buy the car. My other 2 essentially have holes in the bumper for a license plate frame. If it's done properly it's O'k, but I'd use it to get some concessions from the dealer, like free service while under warranty. You're going to have to have a front plate so you won't ever see the holes. A good body shop can patch the holes so that you never know they were there. I'd still hold out for the new bumper, or something of equivalent value.
rich
Old 02-14-2004, 11:46 AM
billy350z

I am going to have a body shop do the patch and then find another not so invasive way to get a front plate hung. HS, do you have a local shop that you can recommend? This will be a good test for the Veilside kit coming in...

I can't image how you feel after waiting 10 months!!! Post an update after today?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:58 PM
hsdavis

I was able to get the dealer to cover the cost of a new bumber. The unfortunate part is that the dealer and the salesman as well as myself, were all victims of an overly zealous car prep guy. The dealer did step up and do the right thing to correct this problem. I have to say that of all the cars I bought from this dealership, they have always done the right thing. Now it's time to get my new Roadster and park it 'til spring I am picking it up this Thursday.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Richardew

Congrats. Don't think that you'll park it 'til spring though. Picked my car up yesterday. 12 miles on the odometer. They didn't put their stupid sticker on the car and they didn't touch the front bumper. I can't wait 'til I hit 1200 miles. I was driving around some last night and was beaten from a redlight by a Dodge Caravan! My right foot keeps asking by brain what's wrong? Righty is not used to tickling the throttle.
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab, Iris Blue/Marble/Marble
'04 350ZR, SS/BO w/NAV, 18's
Old 02-17-2004, 01:35 PM
hsdavis

Well folks, the anticipation was killing me. I went to the dealer today and picked up my new Silverstone m/t roadster. Now the hard part---trying to keep it under 80 for the break-in period. It's been fun, but I too have to resign from the "waiting for my roadster" club.

Quick Reply: Waiting for my roadster club