Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Waiting for my roadster club

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:26 PM
svangogh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Wongs. Welcome to the club, hopefully you don't have to be a member for too long!!

Being a west coaster you can cut a couple weeks off delivery time from what we're seeing on the east/gulf coast. My order went in 1/8 and I have a 4/16 ETA. I'd like to say the wait is no problem...but the closer I get to delivery the more obsessed I'm getting. Hey, that's part of the Nissan marketing strategy isn't it?
Old 04-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Chief F1 Fan

I found one on the net last week EXACTLY as I wanted: Super Black 6 sp, black leather, nav no 18's. Called the guy up (dealer), made an offer, got a counter offer, made another offer and voila, sold. I pick it up Friday. Paid sticker but no wait. I'm not one to do that but after reading these posts over the last few months, I just couldn't deal w/ that kinda stuff.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Wongs

Congrats! I tried to find one but couldn't locate one from Northern California to Utah the five states closest to me. Bummer
So the wait is on. The dealer I'm ordering it from is willing to sell it to me at 1500.00 over invoice not MSRP, so I think thats good enough for me to wait.......
Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 PM
svangogh

Default After 3+ Long Months...Finally!

I'm happy to say I've graduated! I picked up my baby on 4/14. I waited to post so I could "Get Cinderella Ready for the Prom." (Zainoed).

It doesn't count without a Pic so here she is...

Last edited by svangogh; 04-20-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:23 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Congrats----svangogh

You're gonna love it. And you've got a beach to take those wonderful joy rides next to. Good choice on the seats, they're comfortable and snug, plus the ventilation is great.

Congratulations on a great looking car! Have Fun.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:11 PM
jpisano73

Hi All,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the 'Waiting For My Roadster Club'. My order went in on April 5th, and I ordered a car almost exactly the same as svangogh's above, except with 18" wheels (Silverstone, Orange Ventilated Seats, Navigation, 6-Speed Manual). It's going to be a long 3 months, especially since my 98 BMW M3 Coupe sold in under one week, and now I have no sports car in the stable! I ordered the M3 and am now remembering how agonizing the wait was. Anyway, it's been great lurking around here and reading up on the Roadster. Thanks for the bandwidth...
Old 04-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Aftrmidnyt

Congrat's to those that have joined...and bailed out quickly. I'll jump in and take somebodies spot, for a short while I hope.
My DB 350ZR is to be in by the 28th of this month. I have to work until the 30th, so the full front 3m rock guard and dark blue window tint will be done before I get there. Woo Hooo!
I've been cruising in an '03 DB Trak Pak and she's been great, but time for a younger topless version. Getting totally screwed on the trade in, but your only on this rock for a short while. Live large and enjoy the ride!!! These cars rock. Cheers to all.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Aftrmidnyt

April 27 and I got the call! She should be in tommorrow, so ROAD TRIP, WoooHooo. Not sitting in it yet, but theres fresh adreniline in the blood stream. Hopefully post some pix soon. Cheers, AFT
Old 05-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Wongs

Progress is made! Dealer called me with the VIN number. Can't stop drooling for some reason.

So, once the VIN is issue how much longer is the wait?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:18 AM
Zcool

I did something that I thought I would never do. I bought a $40K car over the internet after never even test driving it or even seeing one live. I have been living outside the U.S. for the past year and will be returning to CA on 15 Jun. I will need a car when I get back so started doing some internet research. I decided that I wanted a sports car and had the BMW Z4 3.0 as my initial choice but after doing the research and comparing all the cars in this category, it was clear that the 350Z was by far the better bargain. You get so much car for your money and the ratings were excellent.

I ordered the Touring model, 6MT Super Black with all the bells and whistles, except Nav. My dealer has a Silverstone coming in at the end of May and has put my name on it. He is now trying to trade with another dealer for the SB. I hope he can swing the trade but if he can 't I'm sure I will be just as happy with the SS.

Now comes the longest and most tortuous month of my life. The only thing I can compare it with was the last month I was in Navy! I count the days when I can pick up my new 350Z.

This is a painful club to be in but one that I feel damn good about belonging to. I check the forums daily and just pine.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:20 AM
ragtop

Originally posted by Richardew
HS;
That sucks. It's not surprising though. My car is coming from Pa which is a one plate state so I'm not worried about holes in the bumper. I need 2 plates though and I'm going to go with the toggle bolt method. I wouldn't be terribly upset with the holes in the bumper though. Not so much that I wouldn't buy the car. My other 2 essentially have holes in the bumper for a license plate frame. If it's done properly it's O'k, but I'd use it to get some concessions from the dealer, like free service while under warranty. You're going to have to have a front plate so you won't ever see the holes. A good body shop can patch the holes so that you never know they were there. I'd still hold out for the new bumper, or something of equivalent value.
rich
RICHARDEW
how do you like your car, what made you go all the way to PA for it? I am also in Va. Havent ordered a car as I am still looking to see if I can find one the way I want it. Did the PA dealer give you a good deal?
I am not familiar with the toggle bolt method, being in Va,, I need to have a front plate also, do you recommend the bracket for attaching to grill or is this the same as your toggle method?
Old 06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Wongs

I officially resign from the club as of today. This morning I picked up my Redline 350Z Roadster. What a blast. Put on 180 miles only about 1000 more to go. Wahoo!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Zcool

Congrats Wongs! I'm still waiting and still haven't seen a Z Roadster up and close yet. They don't have them here in Spain yet. One more week for me and I too will be able to resign from this "club".
Old 06-12-2004, 11:16 AM
ddamato

Default Just placed my order

Well I was bit by the Roadster bug. I submitted my order on Friday.

2005 Daytona Blue Enthusiast, with 18" wheels, Side Air Bags, 6spd Manual.

Should be here by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Oh what a nice present that will be. Can't wait.

In the meantime I'm driving this one for the weekend.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Zcool

Default Re: Just placed my order

Originally posted by ddamato
Well I was bit by the Roadster bug. I submitted my order on Friday.

2005 Daytona Blue Enthusiast, with 18" wheels, Side Air Bags, 6spd Manual.

Should be here by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Oh what a nice present that will be. Can't wait.

In the meantime I'm driving this one for the weekend.

Congratulations on making the right decision but a 6 moth wait! I had to wait 6 weeks and nearly went bonkers. Good luck and maybe you can get her early.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Chief F1 Fan

The other day I saw the knucklehead dealer who wanted my 2k so badly it was pathetic. He said he still hasn't gotten another roadster in since I was in the store at the end of March. Man am I glad I didn't wait and found one elsewhere.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Bdiddy03

I am officially joining the waiting for my roadster club. My Z was officially ordered on June 4, 2004 even though I put down my deposit on May 12th. I had to wait for the dealers window to come open again before they could place my order. I have seen many opinions as to when the car should arrive. The dealer is saying the first week of August but Nissan is saying 90 to 120 days. What has been the general consensus of the board. Is the dealer right or Nissan?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:01 PM
KingofScion

I odered mine in March ship date is July 9th
Old 06-16-2004, 04:36 AM
Bdiddy03

Wow that is a really long time to wait. Man I hope I have a little better luck than you. Where do you live? I live on the Gulf Coast so I think that it will take a little longer. Also did you order any special equip? I ordered my touring with everything execpet the nav and the 18's because I usually know where I am going and I already ordered 19's so there was no point in gettting the stock 18's. Thanks for the input
Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 AM
svangogh

I ordered mine on Jan 6, received the order confirmation on Jan 8 and it arrived April 14.

Unless the dealer has a line on one that was already ordered it will take about 3 months.

Originally posted by Bdiddy03
I am officially joining the waiting for my roadster club. My Z was officially ordered on June 4, 2004 even though I put down my deposit on May 12th. I had to wait for the dealers window to come open again before they could place my order. I have seen many opinions as to when the car should arrive. The dealer is saying the first week of August but Nissan is saying 90 to 120 days. What has been the general consensus of the board. Is the dealer right or Nissan?

Last edited by svangogh; 06-16-2004 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Waiting for my roadster club