Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Waiting for my roadster club

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:15 PM
KingofScion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wait took so long because the only feature i order on the roadster in daytona blue was mudguards not even floor mats...

I bet Nissan decides how many cars they're going to make of each config and color and the deales pick from a POOL of cars, rather than making to order.

Omer.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:58 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just to let everyone know...I posted on this thread on 2-28-04. After waiting 17 weeks with my dealer & all the aggravations!!! Three weeks ago I decided to get out of my deal because I did have a clause in my contract of a dealine so my $1,000.00 could be refunded. On 5-28-04 I ended up paying just $99.00 over INVOICE with Trent Earlie in Nashville TN. With-in 2 and 1/2 days I had the deal locked up. I got the exact '04 ZR with a built date of 4-10-04. I flew into Nashville TN. airport where Trent picked me up and drove home in the afternoon. What a ride home!!! Other members have had the same success. Its so easy to do! email trente@users.ccleads.com or tlearlie@hippodromecars.com or call Trent at 1-615-248-5100. Trent is a great guy to deal with too! Good Luck! Jerry.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Zcool

This post is to officially resign my membership in this torture club. I picked up my Touring Roadster, Silverstone 2 days ago and have been so busy, driving and reading the owner's manual that I haven't had the time to get on line until now.

Good luck to the remaing and new members. I hope your wait isn't too long.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:46 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Zcool
This post is to officially resign my membership in this torture club. I picked up my Touring Roadster, Silverstone 2 days ago and have been so busy, driving and reading the owner's manual that I haven't had the time to get on line until now.

Good luck to the remaing and new members. I hope your wait isn't too long.
Congrats ZCool. I know you're gonna love it. Want to get sick? A friend of mine decided that he wanted a ZR and placed an order for a SS with BO seats on Monday. It's due in at the dealer next week. I waited 2 months and he gets his in a week. I thought I did well cutting my wait time by 2 months. For those still waiting, keep the faith. It's an awesome automobile.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:25 PM
orionflyer20

Although I have been a member of the forum since March, I am now officially placing myself in the club. I placed my order for a 04 SS/CH 6MT on March 24, and unfortunately it was not put into production until this month. As a matter of fact, I need to call tomorrow to see if it has been built.

Nissan has told me that the delivery date is the "first part" of August. I can wait, but here is a question for you all. Does the car have to be delivered to the dealership who ordered it directly for pick up, or can it be delivered to another dealership??

Here's the rub. I live in the Seattle area, but ordered the car through my homestate of Michigan to save on the taxes. Can the car be delivered from LA to the dealership here in Seattle, or does it have to go cross country first to Michigan before it is shipped to me? Is all this making sense???? lol

Some friendly input would be helpful..

Z you later
Old 06-20-2004, 07:38 PM
theSmoothDome

I'm not sure. All I can tell you is that the dealer I bought from has 9 different store fronts in San Diego and I found the same roadster I had ordered on another one of their lots which was closer to my home. They wouldn't move the deal to the lot where the car was located. The salesperson met me at the lot and let me drive the car up to their lot to do the paperwork. I even had to drive it back up there to take care of the due bill.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Bdiddy03

Just out of curiousity did they give you a reason why it took so long to go into production? Or was it the dealer who sat on the order?
Old 06-21-2004, 04:44 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

orionflyer20......For sales taxes...I thought you pay the tax where you live and not where you bought the car? I live in Ohio and bought my ZR in Tenna. I paid the taxes in Ohio (County sales tax) at the title bureau. Then I went next door and paid cash for my vanity plates..NIFTY Z which took only 6 days to get.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Penderwheels

Talking

Getting closer....

Dealer called w/ VIN yesterday (6/24). Said should be here before the end of July.

I hads also called 1-800-NISSAN1 asking them to track it. They called with VIN the same day. They said the week of July 4.

Don't know which one to believe - Probably neither.

I'll be happy to get it by Mid August.

BTW... Order was placed by dealer on May 5.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 AM
ncoastmd

If anyone is in the NC area, Southern States Nissan had a bunch of Z's. I bought a Redline roadster there, picked it up and drove home. I only found 3 available in the country. the other 2 were in Dallas and Fargo, ND. I had the others on hold and both times they were sold out from under me. Southern States held it for me. SUPER DEAL TOO!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:49 PM
ZRoadsterClub

When you graduate from this club, check out this club next:
LOL

Hell you can join it now if ya want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

350ZRoadsterClub.com
Old 06-30-2004, 02:13 PM
orionflyer20

SluggoZ,
The tax is applied to where you purchase the car from. In this case, I'll be paying 5% from Michigan versus 8.7% in Washinton. It only comes out to around $850 but that $850 more I can put back into the car.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
theSmoothDome

Originally posted by orionflyer20
SluggoZ,
The tax is applied to where you purchase the car from. In this case, I'll be paying 5% from Michigan versus 8.7% in Washinton. It only comes out to around $850 but that $850 more I can put back into the car.
I don't think that's true Orion. With Oregon having 0 sales tax, all of us Californians would be running up there to purchase cars. I'm pretty sure Cali taxes us if we purchase a car in another state.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:50 PM
orionflyer20

Talking

Guess I should have clarifed... Since I'm in the military, we have a state of residence (in this case MI) so we are able to purchase it in MI and pay MI taxes on it... saves a few bucks.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Penderwheels

Gotta resign.

The car came in about 3:00 Friday. Ironically, Wife and I were driving to restaurant when salesman called our cell and we were less than 1/4 mile from dealership. I walked in the door as he hung up the phone. They had the prep crew work late and we got it at 6:00.

Geez.... the Navi manual is almost as thick as the owners manual. Gotta review my COBOL, BASIC, etc. skills in order to use it. So far, it's a WOW !!! Far exceeds the Street Atlas USA that I've used on a laptop w/ GPS connection in motorhome.

Now for the next painful 1150 miles keeping the revs below 4K.

Looks like my time on the board will be reduced 'cause I'll be too busy having FUN>

Old Bill
Old 08-02-2004, 10:28 AM
orionflyer20

Congrats Pender! I'll hopefully be on your heels. Mine is suppose to be delivered this Friday (Aug 6th). The anticipation keeps building!!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Chief F1 Fan

Congrats "Old Bill" you will absolutely love the car. Every time I walk away from or towards it, I just can't help thinking I own a great looking car, esp. w/ my mods.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:56 PM
orionflyer20

Well..today being the 6th (the due date) and the sealer doesn't even know where the delivery truck is...go figure. Now it's a day by day wait. As if 4.5 months isn't long enough!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:42 PM
orionflyer20

Exclamation

We finally picked up the car last week. What a wait it was too!! Thanks to all of you have provided not only quality ideas and knowledge, but also for keeping the best forum site going. I have been able to know more about the car than most just from reading and researching via you all. Now...it's time to enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Waiting for my roadster club-small-beach-z.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004, 08:44 PM
orionflyer20

One More...
Attached Thumbnails Waiting for my roadster club-small-beach-z-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Waiting for my roadster club