350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Driver side window

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:47 PM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver side window

Hello all,

it's been a while but of course I am back here with a new problem that I am about to tackle however i am thinking that it may be a somewhat easier and less expensive job than i thought.
You see about a month ago the driver side window on my wifes 06 Roadster started playing up and would only go up or down after giving the door panel a good whacking and i immediately thought of the motor going bad and was about to remove it for inspection, cleaning and maybe even replacement but then today there was a new twist.
You see, if you activate the roof the window goes all the way down without issue and after closing the roof the window will work again even to the point of stopping shy of the top when you open and close the door so I am thinking that perhaps it is a simple switch replacement.
I have now done this a number of times and the window worked every time yet when i want to open the window without activating the roof it will not work without the old proverbial thump so if anyone has had this problem or can save me the time of checking everything i would appreciate the input.

best regards,
Doug.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 AM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help !!!

I have searched through the forum and cannot find anyone with the same issue that my wifes Z is having.
She continues to open and close the roof and the windows/motors work great including the small adjustment when closing so I know that the motor is fine however when she tries to use just the driver side window without opening the roof it doesnt move at all and the passenger side is fine.
Can anyone please comment on thoughts about this?
regards,
Doug.