Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

2004 Roadster with Tire Feathering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Ghostlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Guarantee

Just traded my coup for a roadster. As I was lookig at the roadsters I told the sales guy that I wasnt ready to get a roadster due to the fact that I hear the tire feathering probelm still exists. What would be the point of trading one car for another with the same problem. They called NNA and asked. They were told that the feathering was fixed on all roadsters / 2004 models. (yeah right I am buying that) The dealer also said he has yet to get any 2004 roadsters into his shop with the feathering problem. Long story short he told me it was fixed so I asked him to put that in writting. On my new roadster contract I have it written that if any feathering should occure the dealer will fix it no matter what it takes including, shocks , srpings, suspension and tires.

So I took that chance and now have a new PPW roadster.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:49 PM
JasZ

I was under the impression that after they fixed the alignment the problem would not come back. I mean if the toe is fixed, its fixed. I have had mine back from the dealership (pronounced steal-your-sh**) fixing it for about 1000 miles and so far its just a little louder than when I first got it back. I'm keeping my eye on it though.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Allen Reinhardt

Unhappy Re: 2004 Roadster with Tire Feathering?

Originally posted by wayne55
My roadster comes in March 12th. I was wondering how many of you current roadster owners are having the tire feathering issue. Please respond. I need to know if I should prepare myself for this. Thanks.

Wayne
Our '04, picked up in September, now has 4600 miles accumulated.
Sorry to say that it makes noise rolling and roars during braking. Real "feathering" is not visually obvious, but the noise is real.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:23 PM
mode101

Originally posted by doodoostain
i have 10K miles on my 2004 roadster and YES THE TIRES ARE FEATHERING!
same here, i have an 04, with about 4500 miles on it, and my drivers side tire is starting to feather!!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:52 AM
AtlGrl

Okay, so this is disturbing......from what you guys are saying, when the mileage goes up the feathering issue occurs, the tires get changed and everything is okay until those tires accrue mileage, and then it happens all over again? How can this be permanently fixed? And how can the potential for a problem be detected before the car gets a lot of mileage?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:32 AM
ditnhau99

for all the tire feathering shouldn't that be from how you drive the car?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Zcollector

Question

I have nearly 6,000 miles on my roadster (bought in September), and the tires are getting noisy, especially when stopping. However, there are no "visible" signs yet of feathering...

I'm taking it in early April for alignment, oil change, etc. and will have them check it out then.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:26 PM
BigEquity

I took my roadster into the dealership last week to have them look at the feathering problem, and they said that they could do an alignment, but they would not replace the tires for free. Instead they said they would just fip them around and that I would have to pay for the rotation. Natrually, I told them to go to hell. Today I called the 1-800-NISSAN1 number and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that my VIN number was within the range of VIN numbers that would have this problem with tire feathering. My roadster was built in September '03 (you can check that on driver side door jamb). So I am guessing that if your roadster was built before mine it probably will have the same problem. Anyway, She called the dealership's service manager, and now I am rolling on some fresh tires.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:14 PM
mode101

Originally posted by BigEquity
I took my roadster into the dealership last week to have them look at the feathering problem, and they said that they could do an alignment, but they would not replace the tires for free. Instead they said they would just fip them around and that I would have to pay for the rotation. Natrually, I told them to go to hell. Today I called the 1-800-NISSAN1 number and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that my VIN number was within the range of VIN numbers that would have this problem with tire feathering. My roadster was built in September '03 (you can check that on driver side door jamb). So I am guessing that if your roadster was built before mine it probably will have the same problem. Anyway, She called the dealership's service manager, and now I am rolling on some fresh tires.
sweet!! i wonder if mine would be part of that .. mine was built 11/03 .... what was that nice ladies name ????

Last edited by mode101; 03-23-2004 at 04:18 PM.