Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Wheel Interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Dave Buswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Interchangeability

Are the Roadster's 17' and 18' wheel sets interchangeable or once fitted with a set of either there can be no changing without major adjustments to springs, ride, etc.

A friend of mine wanted to purchase a Z, but it had 18" wheels. He asked the salesman if the dealer could change the wheels to 17'. The response was a blank stare.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure myself hence the question.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
XtaZee

I went through the same when I bought my Roadster. I had ordered one with 17" wheels, since I planned to change the rims later anyway.

To make a long story short, after 4 months of waiting for my roadster to arrive, ther dealer said he could trade for one that was at port, alloted to another dealer, the same color and options as I wanted but with 18" wheels. I asked if he could swith them to the 17" wheels since I didn't want to pay for an option that I had not ordered and 4 months had already gone by. He said the ride would be different since the suspension had been set from factory for the 18" wheels.

I wound up buying one from another dealer that had the 18" wheels since it was the only one I could find with the options I wanted.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Conceyted

both complete ******** and none the less FUNNY! yes they are interchangable. Tell the dealer to put the 17s on and drop the 18inch option price because you dont want that... its their duty to make you happy, be forcefull!