Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Just bad luck or what...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Gigi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just bad luck or what...(long)

I have a SB Roadster that I love and try to baby. Garage kept. Never saw rain yet. 1950 miles now on her. About 15 coats of Zaino on it. Only microfiber towels have touched her. Bought Oct. 03

Day 2 after I bought her. Drove to Philly let a good friend test drive her in a parking lot. He hit a dip and scraped the front spoiler. I was sick got it fixed $100.00

2 weeks old...after my third coat of Zaino my husband drove it around the corner ...made a quick stop...came home with a nail sticking out of the side of my tire.

Week 4...700 miles. Drove to my doctors office. Was told someone just backed into my parked car. Smashed in my car. Crushed in my trunk, rear quarter panel and splash guard. Down 4 weeks.

Garage kept for winter. Pulled her out first nice day few more coats of Zaino. Took her for a ride to New Hope, Pa. Sitting at an outside eatery...watching everyone checking out the car. This lady was admiring it...all of a sudden she plops her big fat pocketbook on the hood of my car and starts digging through it for her keys. Moving it all around on my car. I screamed at her, get your f******bag off my car...idiot. Left some fine scratches.

Last week lent it to my brother, went to a funeral. Came back few more coats of Zaino. I noticed a ding in my rear panel from some moron banging their door into my car. Mind you... I've never parked next to anyone.

Today... my husband pulls out of the driveway and goes off the curb...bang, breaks my rear mud flap.

I've never been such a freak about a car. And it just seems like the more I try to baby it the more I go crazy when something happens.
Has anyone else had such bad luck?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:22 AM
chazzg

I have not have had as bad luck as you have, but I dont let ANYBODY else drive her either
Old 03-13-2004, 10:54 AM
shimz350z

gigi that is definitely tragic....hope things get better for you O_o
Old 03-13-2004, 12:43 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I feel your pain.

I had a 95 Celica converitble that sounds a lot like your Z. Had a new top put on when I bought it in 97. The top was installed incorrectly and I had 3 new rear windows installed before they finally figured out that it was the top's installation that was faulty. Then a fence fell on the car. A month later, I shredded a sidewall pulling out of my driveway. Maybe a year after that I backed out of my garage, directly into my sister's car. The final straw was when I was doing 70 down the freeway when I had a blow out that damaged the entire wheel well. I finally ditched the car, only to find a nail in the sidewall of my new Chevy Blazer the day after I took it home....sigh.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Richardew

Gigi,
1. Your car is craving attention and that's why it's been misbehaving. You need to drive it more and spend quality time with it. I have 2200 miles on my car and it's only 3 weeks 5 days old.
2. Stop lending you car out. If your husband likes driving a Z, get him one.
3. As far as the stupid people and drivers in the Phila metro area, you need to move. I did.
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab, Iris Blue/Marble/Marble
'04 350ZR 6MT, SS/BO w/18's & NAV
Old 03-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Gigi

Originally posted by chazzg
I have not have had as bad luck as you have, but I dont let ANYBODY else drive her either
Your right I won't lend it out anymore. The hubby...he paid for it so I have to let him take it for a spin every now and then.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Gigi

Originally posted by theSmoothDome
I feel your pain.

I had a 95 Celica converitble that sounds a lot like your Z. Had a new top put on when I bought it in 97. The top was installed incorrectly and I had 3 new rear windows installed before they finally figured out that it was the top's installation that was faulty. Then a fence fell on the car. A month later, I shredded a sidewall pulling out of my driveway. Maybe a year after that I backed out of my garage, directly into my sister's car. The final straw was when I was doing 70 down the freeway when I had a blow out that damaged the entire wheel well. I finally ditched the car, only to find a nail in the sidewall of my new Chevy Blazer the day after I took it home....sigh.
Ya know I'm not really superstitious but it does make you wonder. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I just can't wait for the spring and summer. Then I really get to appreciate her and hopefully that will be the end of my mishaps.

Last edited by Gigi; 03-14-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:05 PM
topdown-z

Talking GiGi.............

Cool it with the Zaino. It looks like every time you put Zaino on your car, something happens.

Switch to Turtle Wax, the "hard shell" finish might protect it.

Just Kidding.........I'm sorry to hear about the car.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:31 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Man Gigi... it's time to trade this one in... ... maybe the next one won't be 'cursed' per se... (don't mind me... it's the superstition speaking ).

My current beater has had the luck you just described though. I loved her too much and all sorts of bad things happened to her. When she no longer garnered my "obsession" (years later and much damage both internal and external), nothing bad happened to her anymore. Go figure.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:35 AM
PharCyde

Before checking out the side area I thought you lived in LA or NY. Definitely one too many strange occurances.

As nice of a person as you seem to be, perhaps you should stop lending your car out to people for a little while and see how things go? Your friends and your husband seem to be your roadsters worst enemies It seems like your husband likes the roadster - maybe he can get one of his own? -- assuming it's finacialy feasable of course.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
jackie chan

get a different one....there is some bad mojo in that car
Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Superfly84zx

Lending your car to others to drive will always end in tears...It's just the unwritten rule of the road I think...

Parking your car in a safe place is an art form perfected over years and years and handed down from generation to generation, LOL...My father taught me how to park and in the beginning I thought he was insane and many times told him how nuts he was and I would just give up and let him pick the spot...Well, It's been over ten years driving sports cars now and not a mark from a parking lot...

Thanks Dad, you were right...

PS Sorry I can't tell you the secrets of the parking art form...it would take way to long to type and you'd fall fast asleep ZZZZZzzzzzzzz...........
Old 03-15-2004, 03:53 PM
PharCyde

Well I guess we'll just have to fly you down to gives us classes!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:55 AM
Gigi

Well... I'm not ready to trade her in yet. I am definitely going to be more cautious in lending out my car. I always think oh... what can it hurt letting someone close to you enjoy a little thrill around the block.

Trust me....I am extremely careful in parking my car. Never do I park near or close to anyone. But, how many times do you park and walk thinking your in the clear...just to come out and find someone with a hundred other spots to park in right next to you.