Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Any one installed Sparco seats in a 350ZR??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:11 AM
ninjajubei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one installed Sparco seats in a 350ZR??

I just installed a set of Sparco Torinos in my 350ZR this weekend. I had the top down during the install. However, I ran into some problems.

1) The passenger Sparco Base (#400SB031R) does not sit evenly. As a result, the seat is 'tilted' and not centered with the back rest. In addition, I could only align and screw in 3 out of the 4 screws that screw into the car's bottom.
Ironically, there was no problems with the driver's side at all.

2) As expected, since I had side air bags on the factory seats, the SRS light is on. I still can't find a procedure to turn this light off. One guy mentioned something about using a 2 ohm resistor.

3) This is the biggest problem. Now that the Sparco seats are installed, I can't close the top!! The back would simply raise up, but the motor never engage to lift the top.
I can only speculate the cause of this issue. The passenger factory seat would automatically move forward when opening and closing the top. The seat would move back to its original position when the process is completed. However, since I now have the Sparco seats maybe the 'computer' controlling this process is confused and therefore does not raise the top.

Any thoughts or ideas??
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 AM
DeZigner

Default Re: Any one installed Sparco seats in a 350ZR??

Originally posted by ninjajubei
3) This is the biggest problem. Now that the Sparco seats are installed, I can't close the top!! The back would simply raise up, but the motor never engage to lift the top.
I can only speculate the cause of this issue. The passenger factory seat would automatically move forward when opening and closing the top. The seat would move back to its original position when the process is completed. However, since I now have the Sparco seats maybe the 'computer' controlling this process is confused and therefore does not raise the top.

Any thoughts or ideas??
I ***uely remember reading in the manual something about there is a way to defeat the passenger seat from going forward when putting the top up and down. Check the manual. If you disengage it, that might help with the problem.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:26 PM
ninjajubei

DeZigner

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a shot.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
ninjajubei

DeZigner, I followed your advice but....

I reattached the wires to the factory passenger seat. I engaged the 'cancel' button on the factory seat to prevent it from automatically moving forward/backward during top operation. I was able to get the top to close with the wires reconnected to the factory passenger seat.

I then opened the top and disconnected the wires from the factory passenger seat. No luck! Top won't close unless I have the wires connected to the factory passenger seat.

Bummer.....
Old 05-18-2004, 12:54 PM
DeZigner

Originally posted by ninjajubei
DeZigner, I followed your advice but....

I reattached the wires to the factory passenger seat. I engaged the 'cancel' button on the factory seat to prevent it from automatically moving forward/backward during top operation. I was able to get the top to close with the wires reconnected to the factory passenger seat.

I then opened the top and disconnected the wires from the factory passenger seat. No luck! Top won't close unless I have the wires connected to the factory passenger seat.

Bummer.....
Well, I am no electrical wiz, but it seems like plugging the wires into the seat is completing a circuit. Therefore, you have to take the wires that go to the seat and complete the circuit to "fool" the top into thinking the seat is plugged in. It seems like it would be easy to do, but I really don't know. Surely someone on this board can help you.

Anyone?