Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

leather seats starting to change color

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:26 PM
kosta157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seats starting to change color

anyone experience this yet i have had my roadster since feb. and i have been noticing that the driver seat is starting to peel right under my bottom. i have black leather seats with the orange air holes and now the center of the seat is starting to show orange. you think this is a warranty issue?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM
KingofScion

yes, sounds like access wear to me
Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 PM
mwest300zx

Yes, definitely a warranty issue.I own a company that repairs interiors for car dealers. We repair this kind of thing all day long. Most dealers we do work for will warranty this kind of problem and have it repaired whenever possible rather than replaced. I have the same interior as yours. When I picked my roadster up and was going through the orientation with sales person I noticed a 1/2 inch tear on my driver seat. The orange was coming through. Initially, since it was brand new I asked for a new seat cover. But after giving it some thought and knowing that by removing the seat in order to replace the leather cover I was potentially opening a larger can of worms. I've seen the damage some techs have wreaked on an interior while getting the seat out. So, I repaired it myself--came out absolutely perfect and charged the dealer for the repair, which he warrantied. I would not take no for an answer. With leather interiors you need to be real careful that nothing sharp is in your pockets or on your clothing like worn/broken rivets on jeans. You should also use a leather conditioner on all of the leather and even the vinyl services. This will add years to the leather. DO NOT USE ARMOR-ALL OR ANY OTHER SILICONE PRODUCTS. They serve no useful purpose on leather.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:19 PM
kosta157

what is good to use on the leather? i was thinking of using mink oil it has lanolin and silicone in it. this stuff is mostly used on leather coats and purses.