Notices
370Z Audio & Video 370Z on board entertainment, electronics, sound systems etc.

2014 Nismo Bose System - Blech.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
bloodspoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Nismo Bose System - Blech.

Got a 2014 Nismo Saturday. Traded in my 08 Touring with the Bose w/ sub. That was not a great sounding stereo, but it sounded a lot better than this one.
I'm looking to replace it, ASAP, but I don't know a lot about car audio, and looking at Crutchfields and places like that just confuses me. I might seek out an installer, but if it's all just plug and play these days, might do it myself.

I need:

- Head unit. Don't need nav, but I do need AM/FM/Satellite, and it needs to do the bluetooth for the phone. Trying to hold a phone while driving a 6-speed Nismo is just out of the question.
- Speakers. Are the stock speakers decent and just need something better driving them? If not, need to replace those. Not too worried about the ones by the A pillar, I assume they're just too small to ever sound good.
- Sub. It really needs more bass. Is there a sub I could fit behind one of the seats?
- And I'm assuming I'll need an amp for the sub, and maybe one for the fronts?

Budget is pretty wide open, but not looking to spend to impress, just want good sound. Also not trying to win any wattage contests, but want it to be able to get loud and clean.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:31 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

photos of your new cars' console/ headunit?

Is it integrated with Navigation, or with any of your HVAC controls?

one of the nice things about the 350Z is none of that stuff was integrated, which made replacing it with aftermarket stuff much easier.

Most newer "nice" cars integrate all that stuff, which makes it an expensive nightmare to replace. I love my 2007 MB E63 AMG. The factory headunit and nav? they suck.

But replacing them would require a high end shop to do a custom build into my dash, something I have not wanted to do, largely because I am afraid of losing so many functions with my cars' computer, etc, that are controllable from the buttons on my steering wheel.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:44 PM
bloodspoint

This is what the dash looks like.

No nav, and no entanglement with HVAC as far as I know. I'd basically be replacing the whole square thing in the middle there.

Last edited by bloodspoint; 04-01-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:54 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My man I think you are in luck there!

Looks very similiar to my 08 Nismo.

Look through my build thread for a rough idea of what you will need.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...ents-rock.html

You will have to find out specifically what size speakers you will need, including mounting depth, I am sure that info is on this site in the 370Z section, or look on a 370Z specific forum.

Probably need a nice set of component speakers, a nice headunit with the features you want (double din), and if you are not looking for competition type sound you can probably get by with a single multi channel amp, as I did.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:43 PM
bloodspoint

Originally Posted by NismoDude
My man I think you are in luck there!

Looks very similiar to my 08 Nismo.

Look through my build thread for a rough idea of what you will need.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...ents-rock.html

You will have to find out specifically what size speakers you will need, including mounting depth, I am sure that info is on this site in the 370Z section, or look on a 370Z specific forum.

Probably need a nice set of component speakers, a nice headunit with the features you want (double din), and if you are not looking for competition type sound you can probably get by with a single multi channel amp, as I did.
Sweet. Thanks, NismoDude!