370Z Brakes & Suspension 370Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

RS-R Springs-Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:27 AM
retiredmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS-R Springs-Advice

Hello to All,
I would greatly appreciate ANY advice from members of this terrific community.
I hope you will not object that this concerns my 370Z NISMO. Due to local road conditions, I must improve the car's stiff and bouncy ride while maintaining ride height at or near stock level. I wish to keep the car for a long time and it is literally being shaken apart.
In researching the use of RS-R Ti2000 springs in Nissan Z cars, I came upon past threads on this Forum from owners who installed them.
Can anyone tell me what to expect should I install these springs regarding the ride, steering and handling response?
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble of answering?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know enough about the 370Z and 370Z Nismo edition's oem spring rate baselines to really comment. I also really do not know what the aftermarket has save for a few coilover products.

If the 370Z Nismo is anything like the 350Z Nismo, all known aftermarket lowering springs will not have spring rates that are compatable with the cars oem shocks. Yeah we've had people install springs on 350Z Nismos, but we've had people installing every and anything since the auto was first invented. And as always, all reviews point out how awesome the car is, as every posted review seams to do.

If your car can afford some down time, your more then welcome to send me one front and one rear oem spring and I'll calculate the oem spring rates. I can ship the springs back to you within 24-48hrs on my dime. PM me on that if you like.

Because it's likely that the Nismo edition uses some rather stiff springs, I'd recommend either looking into Kw Varient 1 coilovers if they exist for the 370Z or purchasing some regular 370Z shocks to use with the RSR springs.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I too, don't have experience in the Z34 but I would assume the best advise is what was previously mentioned, KW V1 setup. They tend to get the dampening spot on for a street oriented car. Also remember before you purchase the RSR's, the aftermarket springs out there are almost always geared toward lowering and stiffening things up. This may not be what you want. I would assume the Nismo setup is a little overdamped which would feel a little harsh but stable. If the system is a little overdamped it might be best to look in to shocks more than springs, like Koni or Bilstien. Either way, hopefully someone with an "upgraded" setup will chime in and help to validate/debunk the theories.

Last edited by Zazz93; 08-11-2011 at 08:18 AM.