Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Front 06 brakes and rear brembos

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
QuickIce4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front 06 brakes and rear brembos

Would that make any sense for me to do? I can get brembos for the rear of my 350z from a g35, the question is, would it fit on my 350z with 17s cause its only the rear?

I know it doesnt make much sense but its really cheap. The 06 calipers and rotors for the front and g35 brembos for the rear, let me know what you guys think. Please not to much flaming.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:42 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

....im not sure if they would fit under the 17s. Why can't you get the whole brembo set? why just the back?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do that swap, you will actually be shifiting bias forward by about 6% over stock. The 06+ brakes have more torque output front and rear than the earlier models (including Brembo) so its not exactly compatible. After installation it will be like having super aggressive pads up front and very weak pads out back. There will be little if any improvement by doing the swap and your stopping distances will likely increase so you need to decide if its even worth spending money on at all.

Last edited by StopTech; 07-26-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:45 PM
QuickIce4

Originally Posted by StopTech
If you do that swap, you will actually be shifiting bias forward by about 6% over stock. The 06+ brakes have more torque output front and rear than the earlier models (including Brembo) so its not exactly compatible. After installation it will be like having super aggressive pads up front and very weak pads out back. There will be little if any improvement by doing the swap and your stopping distances will likely increase so you need to decide if its even worth spending money on at all.

Thanks for the good info. So with the 06 calipers up front, would you recomond the same 06 calipers out back for best performance? Thanks for the the very informational answer.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
QuickIce4

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
....im not sure if they would fit under the 17s. Why can't you get the whole brembo set? why just the back?

I want to get the whole set but its really expensive, I can get the rears with the rotors for a steal so thats why.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

If you are looking for an upgrade and you cant do a full 4 wheel kit, leave it alone or do a well balanced front only kit (the front factory Brembos alone wont work either since that will cause an overly rear biased situation which is much worse than a front biased situation). A good front kit can actually improve stopping distances, pedal feel, pad selection and heat capacity which are all worthwhile reasons to do a brake upgrade. Getting something that reduces performance just because its cheap, in my book, doesn't constitute an upgrade.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
QuickIce4

Originally Posted by StopTech
If you are looking for an upgrade and you cant do a full 4 wheel kit, leave it alone or do a well balanced front only kit (the front factory Brembos alone wont work either since that will cause an overly rear biased situation which is much worse than a front biased situation). A good front kit can actually improve stopping distances, pedal feel, pad selection and heat capacity which are all worthwhile reasons to do a brake upgrade. Getting something that reduces performance just because its cheap, in my book, doesn't constitute an upgrade.

True, very right, so what do you think about upgrading to the 06 set. They have the better fronts and I can put those rears and rotors to make the bias set right, what you think?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 AM
QuickIce4

Or should I just save my money and get another set of stock 03-05 calipers?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

The 06 rotors and calipers will have the same balance as what you have now but with the increase in torque front and rear, you will only have an overamplified system which doesnt really get you anything. Its a lot like doing caliper move-out kits that we cover in one of our technical white papers here: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/St...Out%20Kits.pdf The 06 front calipers dont have good pad selection yet and the larger rotors will only help you out if you hare having heat capacity issues. You will also notice that your pedal feel will be longer and softer with the larger front piston sizes which again, is not considered an upgrade. Also, with the much higher torque levels, the ABS system may have issues adapting and you may find that you get a lot of premature ABS activation.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM
QuickIce4

Wow, you really know your stuff, thanks for the info again. I guess I'll just buy another set of stock calipers from 03-05 to replace mine. Mine are shot, I cant drive my car.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

I sent you a PM about sourcing some replacement factory calipers.