Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Part way there............

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Part way there............

Only have half the site live right nowthe rest is comming soon I needed to finish some of the scripts for both the admins and users.

I wish you all knew how many hours it takes behind the screens to make this happen though Insomnia kicking in right now so its hard to focus 24+ hous of no sleep ugh... Good thing is the new server rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

So with that said you may see things changing in front of your eyes.. be aware thats me working on the server trying to optimize things adn finish the scripts.

Special thanks should go out to Tako(the owner of my350z.com for the new server) Derik Wise http://netoptex.com/ (for the colospace and putting up with such short notices on the server migrate also a felow 350Z owner) our Sponsors (https://my350z.com/forum/announcement.php?f=131) for putting up with the BS of the site being down.(dont worry I'll get all you banners back up shortly)

For those that do not know running a website like this is more than a day job its not just a job its a passion. Yes we have advertisors and sponsors but the return isnt much considering we average close to 10,000 people visting the site a day; its hard eougth just to keep the site alive not to mention the time to moderate and admin the site.Trust me I havent slept for hours (24+) just to get the site live on the new server and re-located.

I do not get paid for doing this its just a pashion if you thing my efforts are worth while then please donate something to my efforts then donate via paypal to my350z.com@zdriver.com your donation is much apprecited.

Kyle
my350z.com SuperAdmin
Old 03-11-2005, 06:52 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!!!11!!one Lightning fast!

Looks great Kyle. The new UI is going to take some getting used to, but man, this is faster than virtually all of the other message forums that I frequent...

Your work is greatly appreciated. You've got a 5-spot, on me
Old 03-11-2005, 08:20 PM
AmyCroft

Default Thanks Kyle

Kyle

Great improvement in response...

We all thank you for the upgrade and those long day's with out sleep...

I had a problem with Search, but after I set the right button to search for the last year the search engine works well..

Cheers Amy -
Old 03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
GQ 350z

Default The Site Is Turbocharged

THE SITE IS TURBOCHARGED!!

I still have to get used to the posting, but the interface and speed are sickk!

Thanks for all your efforts guys, its not unnoticed

ravi
Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
12SecZ

Thumbs up Great Job!

Great job, not one I would want that's for sure. People do things that others just take for granted all the time and we don't give it a second thought. They come here and make a post, then drive through the drive through to get something to eat, then go home to their spouse. Then pet their loving animal of their choice, or feed the fish and wave at the neighbor. Go check their mail and bring the trash bin back up the driveway. All of those people gave you a service folks....

We should all just take one day (like a my350z.com Thanksgiving) and think of all the my gal and I refer to as: "behind the scenes stuff". You know, little things like taking out her trash when it's full of crap you rather not look at or her making you corn when she likes green beans and cooking the steak medium well when she likes it medium rare because that is how *you like it* and she knows you are hungry, those types of special things ya know? And just for one day a week NOTICE these things and be thankful for them.

Me and my gal do it all the time, like I will notice she ironed my uniform shirt in the morning when I get up so I can try and attempt to look sharp (lol) and I say thank you and she is like, "yeah just some behind the scenes loving is all". It is special to me and what you just did for all of us, thousands of us is classified as what I call that "behind the scenes stuff".

Let's all not let it go unnoticed folks.

Since this will be probably be my last post for a quite a while I am typing a big ong THANK YOU for having me here, I'll be back in around a year or so and thanks to people like you I will have a place to come back and talk about how I have been and how my car is and everything else under the sun.

So yes "I got 5 on it", check your Pay Pal, and everyone else when you log in and start thinking about how much fun and laughter and learning you do here just stop for a moment and thank the people ,all of them , from Tako who hooked me up with my Crystal Guard when people didn't even know what it was, to Victor and Ares and the OG crew who put up with all the crap, to the members who gave me ideas about my car when my engine blew, to the vendors who sold me the go fast parts I CRAVED and lastly to Kyle who made you reading this post even possible right now and someone I have never even met. Just think folks, You could still be getting that "Site Down" screen, keep it in mind and enjoy it, life is short and ram CPU's are expensive. pay pal a few bucks, heck a movie is 9.25 here and lasts less than 3 hours.

Quite a long post but the OG's here like Brian etc all know how much I have turned my life and more importantly my attitude around over the last 2 years
it has been my pleasure and I hope someone reading this understands what I am trying to say.

I'm out like Trout,

"Peas" (Peace...)

Max....
Old 03-11-2005, 11:29 PM
gt3

Thumbs up

Thank you so much. The speed improvement is very impressive. I can see how much effort has already been put in to better this site. It will just make the ultimate 350z forum that much more awesome!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Neo105

You're efforts are not unnoticed godzilla! i have massive respect for you and all the people helping you on this site... the site looks great!

Now get some sleep
Old 03-12-2005, 05:14 AM
jj1814

Damn the forum is fast now
Old 03-12-2005, 05:55 AM
FairladyZ

getting use to it! Great Job!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:15 AM
2JZfan

does something need to happen to rebuild the search database or something? seems like it's only searching the posts that have been made since the site came back up, even if you select search all posts, search in the last year, etc...

thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 AM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
does something need to happen to rebuild the search database or something? seems like it's only searching the posts that have been made since the site came back up, even if you select search all posts, search in the last year, etc...

thanks,
Jeff

Yes I have to rebuild the search index. Its on my list to do.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Arrow

Originally Posted by GodZilla
Yes I have to rebuild the search index. Its on my list to do.

Well, hurry up and get it done!! LOL J/K

Heh...I just noticed a few of the little smile things are different. I like this one... He looks like he's driving down the street in his z, shades on, looks to the side, sees an S2000 and makes that little smirk like "Ha, my car is better than yours!" You know the look I'm talking about.

But that's a different subject...talk about side tracked!
Hehe...that one reminds me of a chinese face on cotton candy! LOL

Ehhh...I must be tired...
Old 03-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Shahrum

Awesome work! I love having VB3 on here now... that was the only thing this site lacked!