Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

The Rich Jerk Link at the top

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 AM
1BADV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude do you know anything about URL"S or programing cause you make no sense, the 032768 is my account on clickbank, I never said it wasnt.
Do explain oh mighty smart guy. The URL is your account--no ****. So then each time someone hits that link with your account in it, Clickbank simply picks it up and add it to your amount of people getting traffic on that page--right? So you posted the link there twice, thus getting people to click through to your account twice. Like I said it is smart, I just wonder why all of the sudden?

Here are my questions:

1) Were you really writing a book or is that part of your ploy?

2) Have you really been doing this for years or again, is it part of your ploy?

3) What are you sharing this for? If you wanted to legitamately help out your fellow enthusiasts you would offer them YOUR OWN TIPS, not ones from this book. Since you have been doing it for so long, you probably have your own tips to help people out and not some busted up book.

I could care less how much you make off of it, if you make anything at all. I'm just curious at why you are using these methods with the boards (G35driver and here) aside from the fact that you own them? And to add to that, since you have been doing this for years, why you didn't decide to share a long time ago? Just seems odd.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:12 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pathetic Loser is a marketing ploy. A very poor one. Very.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Mantis3024

very distasteful. The majority of this community is well-educated and have good paying jobs. We don't need to see things like this, it just brings the standards down to level as some other car forums I will not name.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 AM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mantis3024
very distasteful. The majority of this community is well-educated and have good paying jobs. We don't need to see things like this, it just brings the standards down to level as some other car forums I will not name.
So what are you trying to say that by being well educated and having a good paying job makes you better than everyone else. I've meet homeless people that I give more respect to than some high paying CEO's

Fact is a Jobs come and go and too many people think they are secure just because they have a job or an education well you better think again. http://www.bls.gov/mls/ I've seen way to many layoffs in mytime as I'm sure many others can say the same.

I posted that link in order to help people, if thats bringing the standards down then I guess we should stop helping people all together and start caring about only ourself.

Weird I would think it would be the opposite

Last edited by GodZilla; 10-07-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Mantis3024

Originally Posted by GodZilla
So what are you trying to say that by being well educated and having a good paying job makes you better than everyone else. I've meet homeless people that I give more respect to than some high paying CEO's

Fact is a Jobs come and go and too many people think they are secure just because they have a job or an education well you better think again. http://www.bls.gov/mls/ I've seen way to many layoffs in mytime as I'm sure many others can say the same.

I posted that link in order to help people, if thats bringing the standards down then I guess we should stop helping people all together and start caring about only ourself.

Do you realize that the irony in what you said? I personally don't think I'm better than anyone else. Apparantly the "Rich Jerk" and anyone who's behind him think they're above everyone else, that being us (the pathetic losers). I find the language to be very blunt, degrading, and intimidating. I think most of us are pretty well off given we can afford a $35k sports car and some even a mortgage. You want to help people, this is not the way. Go give you local homeless guy a dollar or two and you might feel better about yourself. Or maybe not, since you won't get anything out of that.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Vicarious

This link has really made this site sink to an all time low.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Havok_RLS2

I still don't get why everyones panties are in a bunch.

All I here is a lot of b!tch1ng and complaining about the site hitting an all new low". Someone please explain to me in Logical english how adding this link to the site is any different than adding any other vendor link?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
diwun67

It doesn't bother me that much in all honesty...
Old 10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I still don't get why everyones panties are in a bunch.

All I here is a lot of b!tch1ng and complaining about the site hitting an all new low". Someone please explain to me in Logical english how adding this link to the site is any different than adding any other vendor link?
Nothing is wrong with it, it just cheapens my350z. What's next? Pop up adds?
Old 10-07-2006, 06:46 PM
symalik

nice to be an admin on a forum and post a referral link.... i did this last week from some where else and feel like its too much work, unless you really own a site with a lot members
Old 10-07-2006, 06:48 PM
symalik

Originally Posted by GodZilla

but more so to help yourself... thats why it seems low, but to me i think its ok... for the amount of time you spend with the site, you should have the privelage to post up a link like that and promote it and get some cash out of it
Old 10-08-2006, 12:27 AM
twenzel

There is no way I would even entertain the thought of paying to become a "premier" member of this site with degrading crap like that headlined on the forum.

Godzilla, If you want to help people, go volunteer at a homeless shelter and help them find jobs. We have jobs... they don't. But whatever you do, don't sit here and tell us all that you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart, when in reality you are just trying generate money into your own bank account.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
persianmafia

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
There is no way I would even entertain the thought of paying to become a "premier" member of this site with degrading crap like that headlined on the forum.

Godzilla, If you want to help people, go volunteer at a homeless shelter and help them find jobs. We have jobs... they don't. But whatever you do, don't sit here and tell us all that you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart, when in reality you are just trying generate money into your own bank account.

Excatly, I challenge you to a street race!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 AM
justinrhenry

i wish i could stop being a pathetic loser and start making millions.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by justinrhenry
i wish i could stop being a pathetic loser and start making millions.
Just send $19.95 plus shipping and handling to me for your guide on how to make millions.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
ccns23

Originally Posted by Vicarious
This link has really made this site sink to an all time low.
Ha, no. The all time low for the site was in the early days when JmanZ asked members for a donation then sold the site for a profit without delivering on his promises.....

If GodZilla wants to post a link on the site, fine. It's not like we are all obligated to click on it.

Sheesh....
Old 10-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by ccns23
Ha, no. The all time low for the site was in the early days when JmanZ asked members for a donation then sold the site for a profit without delivering on his promises.....

If GodZilla wants to post a link on the site, fine. It's not like we are all obligated to click on it.

Sheesh....
You're probably just happy Victor isn't here anymore!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by ccns23

Sheesh....
^^^^ Exactly!

However.... Maybe it should be relocated to another location other than the headline. Maybe it can by replaced be the "Disrespectful Members will get Banned" (information us grown-ups should know by now) warning? If this is a forum for the 350Z, than that should be on only focus on the headline on the site. I wouldn't remove it, just kinda move it outta direct line of site while still allowing it to be accessible to those who wanna try out the program.

Feel me?

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 10-08-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
^^^^ Exactly!

However.... Maybe it should be relocated to another location other than the headline. Maybe it can by replaced be the "Disrespectful Members will get Banned" (information us grown-ups should know by now) warning? If this is a forum for the 350Z, than that should be on only focus on the headline on the site. I wouldn't remove it, just kinda move it outta direct line of site while still allowing it to be accessible to those who wanna try out the program.

Feel me?
Good Point, I may just do that.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:02 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't see where that ad is any worse than some of the Google fed ads that run at the top of every page. And those Google ads seem to be the norm on just about all of the 350Z related boards now.

It's just like when everybody complained about the intelligent text links (green highlighted words) a while back. Everybody hates them and other forms of advertising but they quickly forget that it takes money to keep this site up and running. BTW, "up and running" is something it's been doing quite nicely since Kyle, Jason and others have taken over here.

Quick Reply: The Rich Jerk Link at the top