Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:53 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be staying until March 25. Ill be able to off post after Feb 22nd!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
mpact1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
First, welcome to Korea. It's a great opportunity for you to learn different culture, so try to go out and experience as much as possible.

Second, you are gonna need at least $40K for GTR 34. Import cars are very expensive in Korea.
I've already got $33k
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
mpact1981

Originally Posted by chopperman
I might be staying until March 25. Ill be able to off post after Feb 22nd!
You never told us the story of how you got in trouble. I got out of all the trouble I thought I was in. My Commander e-mailed me a few days ago and told me not to worry about anything that he was making it all go away
Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
chopperman

Originally Posted by mpact1981
You never told us the story of how you got in trouble. I got out of all the trouble I thought I was in. My Commander e-mailed me a few days ago and told me not to worry about anything that he was making it all go away
Underage Drinking/Curfew Violation.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM
NISMO1571

Default Greetings! Z car fans in Korea.

Greetings Z car owners in Korea. I had no idea that there were such Z car following in my beloved country of Korea. I'm new to this forum, since I just purchased my first 08 350Z here in Hawaii. First thing I did was go on the internet to do some research about my new car and came across "my350z.com".
I found a lot of good information here, but I was surprised to find 350Z car forum in Korea. It seems that most of you are in military stationed in Korea. I am too in the US Army currently stationed in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. My question to you guys is; is there a lot of Z cars in Korea?
If so, Are they owned by mostly military people?
How many of you on this forum have their Z cars with them there in Korea?
Finally, If I decide to bring my new 350Z to Korea the next time I PCS, will I be able to find shop that will service my car?
I know these are a lot of question for my first introduction thread. The thing is I have less a year before deciding where I want to go next.
Thanks for reading and Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails Seoul FTW!-p1000650.jpg   Seoul FTW!-p1000652.jpg  
Old 02-16-2009, 06:29 PM
LMBLF8

what time and where are you guys meeting up today?

NISMO- welcome to the forums. nice car you have there, it brings back memories for me!

I'm not in the military so chopper, definition, or mpact can give you more details about bringing the car here.

As for Z's in Korea, Leeboy is pretty active in the Z community and mentioned there was some 40+ Z's at a meet here in Seoul. Andrew (definition) and I visited the Nissan dealership in Cheong-dam dong and they only have the Murano and Rogue for sale at the moment with the Z officially being released sometime later this year.

Sorry if I'm not able to answer all of your questions, hopefully the others will chime in shortly.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
NISMO1571

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be looking forward to hearing from the rest of the guys.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 PM
mpact1981

I just got here and I havn't seen any Z's.

As far as PCS'ing and bring your Z here, don't plan on it unless your an officer or at least an E-7. You might stand a chance of getting it here if you bring your family but even that is a very slim chance. Trust me, I'm an E-6 and I tried everything to get mine here before it got totaled.

Chopper, you know anything about the 602nd? Thats where I'm going. I heard something about a 4 week "green platoon" once I get to the hump??

If I don't get to drink a beer soon, I'm going to lose my mind.....
Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 AM
chopperman

Originally Posted by mpact1981
I just got here and I havn't seen any Z's.

As far as PCS'ing and bring your Z here, don't plan on it unless your an officer or at least an E-7. You might stand a chance of getting it here if you bring your family but even that is a very slim chance. Trust me, I'm an E-6 and I tried everything to get mine here before it got totaled.

Chopper, you know anything about the 602nd? Thats where I'm going. I heard something about a 4 week "green platoon" once I get to the hump??

If I don't get to drink a beer soon, I'm going to lose my mind.....
Mpact yeah 602 is stationed here. I dont really know anything about the unit.

Been sober for over two months, probably going to stay that way until I PCS......well maybe.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 AM
definitionxmk

Smile A very cold photoshoot... but Great Shots!

Well, it had to happen... my first photoshoot in Korea. I would go more into detail, but it's late and i have to wake up in a few hours. Here is a quick teaser shot for now:

More Tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
Well, it had to happen... my first photoshoot in Korea. I would go more into detail, but it's late and i have to wake up in a few hours. Here is a quick teaser shot for now:

More Tomorrow!
It was nice seeing you Andrew! I had a blast!! Can't wait to see more pics!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
what time and where are you guys meeting up today?
I got tied up with work all day, so I met up with Andy fairly late. I plan to organize a local meet pretty soon, and I'll make sure to invite you guys!

Originally Posted by NISMO1571
Greetings Z car owners in Korea. I had no idea that there were such Z car following in my beloved country of Korea. I'm new to this forum, since I just purchased my first 08 350Z here in Hawaii. First thing I did was go on the internet to do some research about my new car and came across "my350z.com".
I found a lot of good information here, but I was surprised to find 350Z car forum in Korea. It seems that most of you are in military stationed in Korea. I am too in the US Army currently stationed in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. My question to you guys is; is there a lot of Z cars in Korea?
If so, Are they owned by mostly military people?
How many of you on this forum have their Z cars with them there in Korea?
Finally, If I decide to bring my new 350Z to Korea the next time I PCS, will I be able to find shop that will service my car?
I know these are a lot of question for my first introduction thread. The thing is I have less a year before deciding where I want to go next.
Thanks for reading and Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Check out my signiture.. I did all these tunings in Korea. I pretty much tore up my Z and put them back together here in Korea. I know it's pain, but if you search through this thread and other Korea related theads, you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-17-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
definitionxmk

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
It was nice seeing you Andrew! I had a blast!! Can't wait to see more pics!
nice meeting you too, Jay! I gotta admit... you probably have one of the best looking Zs i've ever seen. Can't wait until the next shoot...

after work i'll work on the photos more. i would've finished last night, but i just remembered i had to iron my uniform and wake up earlier than usual.

Oh and that reminds me... i have to buy a new tripod X_X'
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

nice meeting you too, Jay! I gotta admit... you probably have one of the best looking Zs i've ever seen. Can't wait until the next shoot...

after work i'll work on the photos more. i would've finished last night, but i just remembered i had to iron my uniform and wake up earlier than usual.

Oh and that reminds me... i have to buy a new tripod X_X'
Yeah~ tripod~ Hahah~ I really want to get my hands on those side profile shots at the parking garage! I want them for my computer's wallpaper.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
definitionxmk

^roger... what is your resolution? i'll make them that size so it won't crop/resize incorrectly
Old 02-18-2009, 12:13 AM
definitionxmk

oh BTW, i'm thinking about doing some more shots in that garage... maybe bring that girl. now i just gotta figure out what she would wear...

Ahhh~ i have a BDAY dinner to goto, i only was able to finish one photo. i'll work on it again later:

peace

Last edited by definitionxmk; 02-18-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM
mpact1981

she should wear as little as possible
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

^roger... what is your resolution? i'll make them that size so it won't crop/resize incorrectly
Sweet! That would be great! 1440X900 Gracias!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:18 AM
definitionxmk

more @ www.project-definition.com

not too bad for a D60, eh? Hopefully working on a PART 2 and with the model, Emily. Thanks again Jay!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

not too bad for a D60, eh? Hopefully working on a PART 2 and with the model, Emily. Thanks again Jay!
Awesome Andy! You should put these pictures up in the mediashare section or do you mind if I do (of course with credit where it's due)? That's where the DSLR crowds hangout in this forum! Can you send me other shots via email? I love them all!! Thanks and good job! jayboy78@gmail.com