China doesn't like www.my350z.com - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion



Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
Phreakdout
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Phreakdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 2,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry China doesn't like www.my350z.com

Just wierd! I tried to access this site from two different hotels in Dalian and one in Chengzhou and no luck.

I even tried using a ip masking 3rd party site and no good.

It's good to be in Japan! I'm headed back tomorrow. (God I'm worn out.)
Phreakdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Z Infidel
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Z Infidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 404
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Damn those commies!
Z Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
ARCGuy
Registered User
 
ARCGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT.
Posts: 213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That's probably because we discuss American politics here. China doesn't like that sort of thing.

Also, they probably don't like the fact that at various times it's been said on this site that China is a horrible place to live, that it's terribly polluted, that's it's downright oppresive of it's people, that it imprisons, tortures, and murders political "dissidents" on a regular basis, that it's communist leaders are corrupt, incompetant, hypocritical *******s, and that the best thing the Chinese Communist party could ever do would be to commit mass suicide so that the people could finally get on with their lives and live under some semblance of freedom...

ARCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Boba
Registered User
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 909/626, CA
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

China restricts a lot of foreign websites. I wonder why...
Boba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Phreakdout
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Phreakdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 2,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^^ Just before the Olympics, hotels were required to install software that monitored web useage for potential terror threats during the ceremonies. Even though the Olympics are done, I suspect this will never stop.

(Right now I'm in Japan so I can type without fear for getting a knock on the hotel by the Secret Police)
Phreakdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
tlw_integrity
Registered User
 
tlw_integrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: california
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I didn't have any problems when I stayed in China this past January. Maybe now it's a different ball game.
tlw_integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
halcyon901
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
halcyon901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCGuy View Post
That's probably because we discuss American politics here. China doesn't like that sort of thing.

Also, they probably don't like the fact that at various times it's been said on this site that China is a horrible place to live, that it's terribly polluted, that's it's downright oppresive of it's people, that it imprisons, tortures, and murders political "dissidents" on a regular basis, that it's communist leaders are corrupt, incompetant, hypocritical *******s, and that the best thing the Chinese Communist party could ever do would be to commit mass suicide so that the people could finally get on with their lives and live under some semblance of freedom...

hmm, its not as if the good ole US of A is that different. Pollution? Check! imprison/torture/murder based on the "Patriot" Act, i.e Guantanamo? Check! leaders are corrupt, incompetent, hyprocritical? Check!
halcyon901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
Z-Lover
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Z-Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

haha. i had no problem visiting this site in china a couple of years ago..
maybe ur internet connection sucks.or something ...get another serice provider..
Z-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Phreakdout
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Phreakdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 2,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Lover View Post
haha. i had no problem visiting this site in china a couple of years ago..
maybe ur internet connection sucks.or something ...get another serice provider..
I hope so. But two hotels in Dalian and one in Chengzhou says this is no coincidence. I suspect their snooper software was able to read into the premier member section of Anything Goes and see that there are questionable key words.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the result of post olympics controls. Honestly, I'm nervous to accidentally stray off to a site that may not be acceptable. I don't want to have them take me away. LOL
Phreakdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
SirSpeedyZ
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
 
SirSpeedyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 7,837
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

fukc china
SirSpeedyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
Z-Lover
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Z-Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreakdout View Post
I hope so. But two hotels in Dalian and one in Chengzhou says this is no coincidence. I suspect their snooper software was able to read into the premier member section of Anything Goes and see that there are questionable key words.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the result of post olympics controls. Honestly, I'm nervous to accidentally stray off to a site that may not be acceptable. I don't want to have them take me away. LOL

haha, u r so funny man, honestly, no one will take u away even if u accidentally stray off to a site that 's not acceptable....i mean who cares..they don't time have much time and money to track down all of the internet users around the country...lol..don't think too much..just go ahead and visit wutever sites u want .

btw, what are u doing in china.
Z-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
007gt
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beijing
Posts: 215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

how come i can visit the web everyday??
007gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
bizcotch
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
bizcotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: west
Posts: 649
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have the same problem when i travel to China. Except in Shanghai for some weird reason
bizcotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #14
imonlykidden
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
imonlykidden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: My own world!
Posts: 7,727
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well they don't like us, and i don't like the great wall of china!!
imonlykidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #15
Phreakdout
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Phreakdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 2,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Lover View Post
...lol..don't think too much..just go ahead and visit wutever sites u want .

btw, what are u doing in china.
LOL - I go there for work a lot. I import huge components for construction equipment companies here in North America. Mostly fabricated steel parts like frames.
Phreakdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
d1mon3k
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 491
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

***** China! China can suck my a$$!!

























j/k
d1mon3k is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Interior Makeover... Sort of HoBrahYouStink Media Share 32 06-24-2016 10:58 PM
(OEM) FS: BNIB Reverse Light Switch BOATS N HOES Lighting 1 10-13-2015 09:07 AM
Steering Wheel Alignment Post-Removal Depravity Brakes & Suspension 14 10-01-2015 04:49 PM
IN Need of drivers seat 03-03 with SRS intact!! AngryZ East Canada 7 09-16-2015 05:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: