Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Compustar Remote Start Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Phalocke
The Immortal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar Remote Start Problems

Well I have had my Compustar remote start for about a week now and the remote start does not work everytime. When I try to remote start it just cranks and does not fire up. Is it not getting enough fuel or something. Has anybody ever run into this problem. Let me know if you can help me out or should I take it back to the installer.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:52 AM
GWAPITO69

you should take it back to the installer. cause mine starts everytime i press on the botton.. had it for over 2 months now and no problem at all. if your remote beep once then your car should start. if it beep once and it did not start then something was wrong with the install.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:04 AM
KPierson
Banned

Its possible that they didn't hook up the 'tach' wire. There is a way (on some remote starts) to start them without actually monitoring the engine. They work by monitoring the battery voltage. The drawback to them is that they are typically set to crank for X amount of seconds. If the car isn't started within that timeframe then your are out of luck. A unit that monitors tach signals will crank longer and not stop cranking until the car is running.

One thing you might try is remote start the car and then rev the engine. The car should shut off around 4,000 rpms if the tach signal is hooked up. If the tach signal isn't hooked up then the car shouldn't shut down. The tach signal can be a little tricky on a VQ35 because the injectors are hard to get to. Somewhere on here I posted a pic of where to get a good tach signal!